SC 2014 Profile: Dustin Martin

Started by shorty3264, November 11, 2013, 12:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

Quote from: Ricochet on January 30, 2014, 10:08:43 AM
Quote from: JROO8 on January 30, 2014, 10:08:03 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on January 30, 2014, 10:04:21 AM
Thats very interesting with Dusty. I'm seriously considering replacing Danger with him if he can improve his scores by quite a bit

Can't fit both in :(

Fair enough Ric.
I've got them both locked in, I think they'll be the top two forwards this year.

Ricochet

Quote from: JROO8 on January 30, 2014, 10:10:56 AM
Thats very interesting with Dusty. I'm seriously considering replacing Danger with him if he can improve his scores by quite a bit

Fair enough Ric.
I've got them both locked in, I think they'll be the top two forwards this year.
They most likely will be. Couple of things putting me off starting both and one is the value that is in the fwd line this year.

The thing that I like about Danger is Round 4 up until his bye... Saints, GWS, Bullies, Melbourne...

Jroo

Quote from: Ricochet on January 30, 2014, 10:13:47 AM
Quote from: JROO8 on January 30, 2014, 10:10:56 AM

Fair enough Ric.
They most likely will be. Couple of things putting me off starting both and one is the value that is in the fwd line this year.

The thing that I like about Danger is Round 4 up until his bye... Saints, GWS, Bullies, Melbourne...
Yeah, lots of value up forward this year.
But I doubt Higgins, Tex, Clark and co. Will all be available in round one.
So I guess we just have to wait and see.

Dayze

I think danger still represents good value.
Martin has heaps of upside aswell.

Agree on the defenders tho Rico. Can't see any of the 106 crew improving. In saying that u can't have everyone as upgrade targets.
Gonna cost a lot of trades. And with rookie prices so high, trades are going to b even more important than usual.

Woppa15

Anyone in the "know" @ Richmond able to tell us if Dusty has increased his aerobic capacity this preseason.  Tended to die out a lot in second halves last year. Just wondering wether the interchange cap is going to effect him this year.... Can't play as a burst player anymore.

roti

Quote from: Woppa15 on January 30, 2014, 01:37:48 PM
Anyone in the "know" @ Richmond able to tell us if Dusty has increased his aerobic capacity this preseason.  Tended to die out a lot in second halves last year. Just wondering wether the interchange cap is going to effect him this year.... Can't play as a burst player anymore.

It is the #1 focus for him every pre-season so every year he will keep improving in that area, could be that instead of taking him off as much they will send him behind the ball to rest and that's what they are training him for at the moment.

Bully

He's come back in tip top condition and has nailed some PB's with the long distance running. Most of the team have been tearing up the track so Richmond players should be high on people's agenda. Keep look out for Nathan Gordon as well, he's an aerobic machine and will be in the running for Nahas' position, along with Todd Banfield.

roti

Quote from: Bully on January 30, 2014, 10:39:00 PM

He's come back in tip top condition and has nailed some PB's with the long distance running. Most of the team have been tearing up the track so Richmond players should be high on people's agenda. Keep look out for Nathan Gordon as well, he's an aerobic machine and will be in the running for Nahas' position, along with Todd Banfield.

Gordon may well work his way into the team during the year but he will have to have a pretty special NAB to get a place round 1. Banfield I think is a fair way off doubt you will be seeing him anytime soon and less he shows some real improvement. I don't think Gordon is in the running for Nahas' spot because a) Nahas lost his position at the end of 2012, b) you mentioned his aerobic capacity, which is his main weapon, it would be silly to stick him into the small forwards role over a wing! If you want a smokie to line up for Richmond in round 1, Anthony Miles, he is turning heads, unfortunately he isn't cheap enough to probably justify picking him.

Bully

Quote from: roti on January 31, 2014, 12:30:16 AM
Quote from: Bully on January 30, 2014, 10:39:00 PM

Gordon may well work his way into the team during the year but he will have to have a pretty special NAB to get a place round 1. Banfield I think is a fair way off doubt you will be seeing him anytime soon and less he shows some real improvement. I don't think Gordon is in the running for Nahas' spot because a) Nahas lost his position at the end of 2012, b) you mentioned his aerobic capacity, which is his main weapon, it would be silly to stick him into the small forwards role over a wing! If you want a smokie to line up for Richmond in round 1, Anthony Miles, he is turning heads, unfortunately he isn't cheap enough to probably justify picking him.

Both Banfield and Gordon will be vying for a position in the round 1 team, White has also been moved on so goal kickers in any form will be in contention. The other smokies might be McDonough & Lloyd, although I think the latter are behind the eightball fitness wise. Gordon may be played on a wing, but he also may be played as a mobile marking target, and that's not to play down his ability at ground level, he's a got some excellent agility and a neat sidestep. Banfield certainly has some big question marks, but he's also the only forward on the list with blistering pace. It's basically his for the taking if he works hard enough.     

quinny88

Bully, not sure who you think would go out of the team for either of Gordon or Banfield to get a game in round 1?
They are in the mix to get games at some stage but Hardwick has already said that they used the rookie draft to top up on "injury replacement players" so I would be pretty shocked if they started the season in the seniors.

Toga

I think Nippa is certainly in the mix to debut early next season, I agree with you there. Seems to have impressed on the track so far.

As for Banfield and Lloyd I think the only way either will play is by forcing out Jake King from the side.

shaker

Quote from: Toga on January 31, 2014, 09:26:29 AM
I think Nippa is certainly in the mix to debut early next season, I agree with you there. Seems to have impressed on the track so far.

As for Banfield and Lloyd I think the only way either will play is by forcing out Jake King from the side.

Jake King is doing a pretty good job of having himself out of the team if get what I mean  ::)

Bully

Quote from: quinny88 on January 31, 2014, 02:49:36 AM
Bully, not sure who you think would go out of the team for either of Gordon or Banfield to get a game in round 1?
They are in the mix to get games at some stage but Hardwick has already said that they used the rookie draft to top up on "injury replacement players" so I would be pretty shocked if they started the season in the seniors.

Gordon is on the main list, he was our second live selection in the ND. He's also got plenty of talent from my limited viewing, and it's no disgrace to be on the fringes of a very strong Sydney outfit. Let's not forget Jed Lamb struggled for game time and even Mitchell had to work like a dog to get selected. So far at training he's shone, I believe he finished in the top few in the 2km Tan run, and looks to be fitting in seamlessly when it comes to team culture. Who will he replace? Maybe White, maybe an injured Conca (he can play midfield too). Lennon may get first dibs, but it's worth noting that Hardwick bloods all the first rounders in the backline, so I expect Lennon to follow suit - he's been training with the backs as well.

As for Banfield, there's some intense competition for spots in the forward line but Blair Hartley has paid particular focus on this area, we've picked up 3 forwards in Lloyd, Banfield & Gordon. One of these is almost certain to get early game time.