SC 2014 Profile: Dustin Martin

Started by shorty3264, November 11, 2013, 12:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eaglesman

this is great news as how many times have we seen him run out of puff!!!

quinny88

Yep, definitely a good thing as it won't be a defensive role that he plays but more of a loose running half back.
Too often in previous years he has been sat at full forward for chunks of the game so if he doesn't kick goals his scoring stops. This will mean that he's racking up possessions all game when resting off the ball. Just became more if a lock IMO

Jroo

Quote from: quinny88 on January 24, 2014, 03:01:19 PM
Yep, definitely a good thing as it won't be a defensive role that he plays but more of a loose running half back.
Too often in previous years he has been sat at full forward for chunks of the game so if he doesn't kick goals his scoring stops. This will mean that he's racking up possessions all game when resting off the ball. Just became more if a lock IMO
Well said Quinny. Definitely won't be a defensive role.
I'm locking him in.

specky92

quinny88

Quote from: specky92 on January 24, 2014, 03:35:51 PM
FWD/DEF in 2015 anyone?  8)

Can't afford to lose anymore premium forwards  :-[

Edit: just realised you said fwd/def. That would be awesome but I still think he will spend most time in the middle. They need to bring in triple position :P

roti

Praccy game today down at punt road, sure enough Dusty played off the back square all game, and................... absoluteeeeely smashed it, BOG by a mile had leather poisoning. My guess is he will start there and smash it, then start to get the forward tag and go back into the midfield, but you might get a few massive scores early on in the season

_wato

That sounds like great news Roti, love hearing that going into the season.

Would just like to know.. How did Cotchin and Maric both play if they did? And what was the setup like with Reiwoldt/Hampson? Obviously might not have been that intense but I'm curious!  Thanks mate!

roti

Quote from: _wato on January 29, 2014, 10:24:23 PM

Would just like to know.. How did Cotchin and Maric both play if they did? And what was the setup like with Reiwoldt/Hampson? Obviously might not have been that intense but I'm curious!  Thanks mate!

Apparently it was quite intense, if not a bit sloppy. Cotch was sublime just behind dusty, one of the kids got given the task of shutting him down and was given an absolute bath.

Maric didn't play, therefore Hampson rucked, was good apparently, took marks all over the ground and tapped extremely well, but was only up against Stephenson.

I actually think there is good chance Maric will spend more time forward than Hampson, he is decent forward while Hampson is a very good tap ruckman and an average forward, so that would make sense. You would think Maric would play deep and Reiwoldt would push up, which might explain why JROO has slimmed down. Played deeper today as Maric didn't play so there was no one resting up there. Hope that helped :)

Dayze

roti

Just your friendly neighbourhood richmond tragic

quinny88

Interesting stuff Roti. Still not sure how much this means as intra club matches are specifically for this sort of experimenting.
For example, The game plan from Dustys side could have been to give him the ball every time they go out of half back to help him get a feel for the position. Still can't be a bad thing none the less. Will be interesting to see if they experiment with it further during the nab challenge

Jroo

Quote from: roti on January 29, 2014, 10:38:27 PM
Quote from: _wato on January 29, 2014, 10:24:23 PM

Apparently it was quite intense, if not a bit sloppy. Cotch was sublime just behind dusty, one of the kids got given the task of shutting him down and was given an absolute bath.

Maric didn't play, therefore Hampson rucked, was good apparently, took marks all over the ground and tapped extremely well, but was only up against Stephenson.

I actually think there is good chance Maric will spend more time forward than Hampson, he is decent forward while Hampson is a very good tap ruckman and an average forward, so that would make sense. You would think Maric would play deep and Reiwoldt would push up, which might explain why JROO has slimmed down. Played deeper today as Maric didn't play so there was no one resting up there. Hope that helped :)
Nice work, as I've said previously, Dusty playing down back will only increases his fantasy scores.
I agree with you, Hamspon is a good tap ruckman and I can definitely see Maric playing up forward.
Jroo is looking good, he'll be playing up the ground this year, maybe a good unique pick. :P

Ricochet

Thats very interesting with Dusty. I'm seriously considering replacing Danger with him if he can improve his scores by quite a bit

Jroo

Quote from: Ricochet on January 30, 2014, 10:04:21 AM
Thats very interesting with Dusty. I'm seriously considering replacing Danger with him if he can improve his scores by quite a bit

Ricochet

Quote from: JROO8 on January 30, 2014, 10:08:03 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on January 30, 2014, 10:04:21 AM

Can't fit both in :(