Quote from: TeeJay on November 14, 2013, 02:27:12 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on November 14, 2013, 09:15:36 AM
Stop posting shower TeeJay
How was I the one posting shower?  :o
oh, sorry tj, thought you were anibus with all the quotes and stuff :(  :-X
Lol it's all good

Jroo

ubeaut

He played forward heaps. First forward picked if DPP. Glad I had him from the start last year so will do the same. Team on the rise he's on the rise and Cotch/Lids get the tags

theta

There is something about Dusty that makes me say no.  I cant put my finger on it.  I dont know if it his commitment at times (or lack there of), his partying antics, his bikie connections, or his attitude.  Im kinda waiting for him to have a lazy season, fall to 85, and burn everyone. 

That said maybe he'll do what he's supposed to do and break out above 110.  I dont know.

For all the talk about playing forward he needs to kick more goals imo. 

2010 - 11
2011 - 33
2012 - 23
2013 - 23

On paper he looks fine.  Plus he's durable, has pace, wont be tagged much, is still improving, and was pick 3....

Also minus his 28 against carlton in round 21 he averaged 105.3.

All that said Im staying away.  With Richmond on the rise it will probably be at my own peril.

quinny88

Quote from: theta on December 14, 2013, 06:43:24 PM
There is something about Dusty that makes me say no.  I cant put my finger on it.  I dont know if it his commitment at times (or lack there of), his partying antics, his bikie connections, or his attitude.  Im kinda waiting for him to have a lazy season, fall to 85, and burn everyone. 

That said maybe he'll do what he's supposed to do and break out above 110.  I dont know.

2010 - 11
2011 - 33
2012 - 23
2013 - 23

On paper he looks fine.  Plus he's durable, has pace, wont be tagged much, is still improving, and was pick 3....

All that said Im staying away.  With Richmond on the rise it will probably be at my own peril.

Gonna put my Richmond hat on and jump to dustys defence here..
His apparent party antics have never affected his football before so why would they start now?
He's a young gun getting better each season. Would only have to maintain to be a solid pick up
As far as goals go, I will take 23 goals from a mid/half forward anyday!
The forward line is so shallow this year I think you need to start Danger and Dusty
If you're predicting a score of 107 from him, yet not getting him. That's crazy talk! Lock him in ;)

Holz

this is not even a question for me.

there are two forwards this year who will separate them self from the pack.

Danger And Martin are two of the biggest locks in all of SC.

Doggoneit

only problem is they are both rd 8 bye - not sure you want best 2 fwds + 3 best mids with rd 8 byes

Jroo

Quote from: Holzman on December 15, 2013, 02:30:14 AM

+1, these are the only two forwards I'll definitely be picking.

shorty3264

Quote from: JROO8 on December 15, 2013, 11:22:00 AM
Quote from: Holzman on December 15, 2013, 02:30:14 AM

+1, these are the only two forwards I'll definitely be picking.
Couldn't agree more.

TheAnt

Switch his goals and behinds around and he's 32.23 for the year.

theta

Quote from: quinny88 on December 15, 2013, 02:26:58 AM

2010 - 11
2011 - 33
2012 - 23
2013 - 23

Gonna put my Richmond hat on and jump to dustys defence here..
His apparent party antics have never affected his football before so why would they start now?
He's a young gun getting better each season. Would only have to maintain to be a solid pick up
As far as goals go, I will take 23 goals from a mid/half forward anyday!
The forward line is so shallow this year I think you need to start Danger and Dusty
If you're predicting a score of 107 from him, yet not getting him. That's crazy talk! Lock him in ;)

*sigh 
Yeah I know, you're probably right.  I hope he does become the player ppl predicted 4 years ago and doesnt go down the cousins track like so many have predicted, will be awesome to watch.

Re the goals, I must admit despite picking him 2/3 previous seasons I havent watched a whole lot of richmond games the last couple of years.  A tiges supporter at my work led me to believe he's been playing a lot more at hf and pushing into the 50, hence why I thought 23 wasnt enough.  If he's still playing mostly mid/hf, then yeah 23 is a good return.

Is he expected to push forward a little more this year or stay mid/hf?  If he's staying mid/hf then I think I'll have to concede and reconsider.

Toga

I'd expect Dusty to keep playing in the mids with short stints up forwards next year ;)

Jroo

Quote from: Toga on December 15, 2013, 05:49:18 PM
I'd expect Dusty to keep playing in the mids with short stints up forwards next year ;)
Yep me too. He had 55 shots at goal, playing predominantly in the midfield.
He's dangerous up forward and hard to match up on, so I wouldn't be worried, the goals will come  8)

██████████

more of a DT option i think. 6th in the afl for uncontested possessions. gets a lot of easy kicks sideways across half back to make his stats look good but that doesn't score well in sc

probly a good upgrade target after his round 8 bye tho

quinny88

Quote from: ██████████ on December 15, 2013, 05:58:32 PM
more of a DT option i think. 6th in the afl for uncontested possessions. gets a lot of easy kicks sideways across half back to make his stats look good but that doesn't score well in sc

probly a good upgrade target after his round 8 bye tho

Has averaged more in SC than he has in DT every season so far...