2013 Games: 22

2013 Ave: 101.3

Centuries: 12

Highs: 150 vs Western Bulldogs, 137 vs GWS, 132 vs Port Adelaide

Lows: 25 vs Carlton, 67 vs West Coast, 73 vs Saint Kilda

FanPlanner Price: $544,600

Position: Midfield/Forward

Thoughts
After a poor 2012, Martin put in his best SuperCoach season to date averaging 101 and playing 22 games. Dusty looks set to hold onto his DPP status, if this is the case I believe he is a must. There is a perception that the young, fiery Tiger is a rollercoaster ride for any coach, 2013 proved this is no longer the case. Martin put in an absolute shocker against the Blues late in the year, but aside from that he returned just one other score under 70, in fact 18 of Martins 22 games saw him score 80+. Coupled with his ability to tear games apart as shown with his 12 tons peaking at 150, Martin is a brilliant option. He will turn 23 next year, has his contract talks out of the way, a tank allowing him to be an integral part of the Richmond midfield, expect Martin to produce another great season with the likelihood of even more improvement.

Verdict
I think Dusty has now shaken off some of the question marks that have surrounded him in his early career. Richmond is on the rise and with a solid Tiger midfield, Martin has a virtual free run through the guts and his scoring potential is as good as you will find from any forward.

Prediction

kilbluff1985

Holz

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 11, 2013, 01:29:34 PM
bit expensive for me

Surely if he is a forward he is worth it though right?

You need to spend your cash somewhere.

kilbluff1985

well it depends if Rocky keeps DPP i wont have both in the forward line if he loses it might put him in the mids and start Dusty

specky92

As long as one of Rocky or Dusty keeps dpp my TX team and I will be happy,  :) As for supercoach, why wouldn't you want both?

GoLions

Trying to find a way to squeeze him in. Think he'll be a top 5 forward easily as long as he doesn't go backwards from this year.

Vinny

Will he keep DPP? If so I think I will lock him, can't see many other great forward options.

Buddy, Daisy, Dusty are only locks.

kilbluff1985

Martin or Walker is an interesting dilemma i'm leaning towards Walker

meaning Andrew Walker btw

Vinny

Walker will either continue to come off half-back and finally claim the AA spot he was robbed of or he will play a high forward role so he can run into goals. I may start both.

Toga

Do you think he's a shoo-in for DPP? I'm not sold! :o

Vinny

Hmmm I am not too sure either, he played midfield the whole year didnt he?

Plus KB, Walker might only be MID-DEF I think!

kilbluff1985

Quote from: vinny on November 11, 2013, 09:46:14 PM
Hmmm I am not too sure either, he played midfield the whole year didnt he?

Plus KB, Walker might only be MID-DEF I think!

fanplanner has him as D/F i think

Vinny

I don't think Fanplanner is accurate in terms of positions. But D/F is a possibility.

Okay I am going to say Rocky nor Dusty will be forwards. I am hope I am wrong about Dusty but yeah.

kilbluff1985

i think Rocky will be they will take into consideration the fact that Stevie J, Bartel, Walker and maybe Martin may or will all lose forward status

Toga

Quote from: vinny on November 11, 2013, 09:50:32 PM
Okay I am going to say Rocky nor Dusty will be forwards. I am hope I am wrong about Dusty but yeah.

I agree about Dusty, I reckon (as a Richmond supporter) Dusty seemed to play a lot in the mids with a few stints up forwards (just as guys like Swanny did), so don't think he should keep DPP but hey I won't complain if he does! 8)

IMO Rocky has more chance of keeping it!