Pearce Hanley: Brisbane Lions

Position: Defender/Wing-man
Price: $512,000

Games: 22
Average: 90

Games: 20
Average: 95
Scores:
83, 160, 141, 71, 93, 133, 111, 102, 49, 91, 42, 86, 117, 105, 113, 108, 95, 55, 80, 79

Summary: Pearce Hanley had another great year in the AFL this year. He has started fixing up his problem with consistency, but still had 5 scores under 80.  I think that Hanley will improve his average again this year, and with Voss leaving, it should take some of his spud scores out.

Verdict: If you don't start with Hanley, you may as well not do Super Coach. 100% locked

Richo's Predicted Average: Gun (95) + No Voss (5) + Improving Team (1) + My Bias (4) = 105

nrich102

specky92

Didn't ton up against a top 7 team this year is a little worrying, I don't think he's as much of a lock as people think

CrowsFan

You've given him +5 for no Voss, but in the three games he played when Voss wasn't coach he only averaged 71.3 with a top score of 80...

Torpedo10

So much potential, I think he has to start. Seemed a bit injured towards the end of the season.  :-\

shorty3264

As Specky said, struggled against the top sides, and I see Brisbane winning less games so I don't see him as a lock at this point.

Vinny

Yeah I agree, not for me. He is a gun though!

GoLions

Quote from: CrowsFan on November 09, 2013, 02:45:59 PM
You've given him +5 for no Voss, but in the three games he played when Voss wasn't coach he only averaged 71.3 with a top score of 80...
The 55 was sub-affected btw, and that injury may have still been around in the last 2 games. Can't say for sure though.

nrich102

Quote from: GoLions16 on November 09, 2013, 03:45:19 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on November 09, 2013, 02:45:59 PM
The 55 was sub-affected btw, and that injury may have still been around in the last 2 games. Can't say for sure though.
^this. He didn't look so good in the last few. Also, even if he wasn't, Harvey isn't the coach :P

kilbluff1985

Dayze

Will he keep his defender status. Guy played every where this year.
I really rate the guy but too many question marks on his role.
Has a real propensity to throw in the odd shocker so probably an upgrade target if a defender.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Dayze on November 10, 2013, 12:52:04 AM
Will he keep his defender status. Guy played every where this year.
I really rate the guy but too many question marks on his role.
Has a real propensity to throw in the odd shocker so probably an upgrade target if a defender.

every defender has the odd shocker mate ;)

tor01doc

I am planning on Goddard and Gibbs (assuming they qualify as defenders??) and cheapies the rest.

Defenders too unpredictable and poor value for money.

Build your defence once money becomes available and form lines reveal themselves.

Hanley will be pricey.

_wato

Quote from: tor01doc on November 10, 2013, 09:21:01 AM
I am planning on Goddard and Gibbs (assuming they qualify as defenders??) and cheapies the rest.

Defenders too unpredictable and poor value for money.

Build your defence once money becomes available and form lines reveal themselves.

Hanley will be pricey.

The problem with going cheap In fhe backline is that there is generally poor rookie defenders and they don't make improvements in price over time. It means you can load up on good midfielders and you may start the year well but over time cash generation within your team is poor and you will struggle to build a good team around what you begin with. Young midfielders are the best way for generation, so it allows you to pick 3-5 good defenders to begin with.

Hanley will be pricey but worth it.