SC 2014 Profile: Lance Franklin

Started by shorty3264, November 08, 2013, 02:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 02, 2013, 08:31:36 PM
Quote from: Big  Mac on December 02, 2013, 07:55:39 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 02, 2013, 04:31:42 PM
He's locked for me.

You think he'll be able to adjust to Sydney's game plan, gel with the team and get back to his 110+ average next year?

for under 500k he does not really need to get back to 110+average

He said he was locked though so I just assumed he thought Franklin would be able to get back to his best

TeeJay

He's locked for me.

You think he'll be able to adjust to Sydney's game plan, gel with the team and get back to his 110+ average next year?

I would personally be happy with anything over 100 from him

GoLions

Quote from: TeeJay on December 02, 2013, 09:20:50 PM
He's locked for me.

I would personally be happy with anything over 100 from him
I can't see him averaging over 100 in a team full of guys expected to average 100+. Someones going to have to fall short, and I'm guessing Buddy will be one of them.

tor01doc

Will be really good value.

PS Hope he gets fat and done for drugs!  :P (Not that I am at all bitter about him leaving.)

Holz

I would rather pay the extra for roughly, just don't see how he can average towards 100, in the team. Upgrade target when he proves he can  score. He won't go up enough for me regret not picking him.

Will depend on dpp and structure. But I rate Martin roughy over him in terms of premos, and I feel pav Thomas represent better value.

TeeJay

Quote from: Holzman on December 03, 2013, 12:11:36 AM
I would rather pay the extra for roughly, just don't see how he can average towards 100, in the team. Upgrade target when he proves he can  score. He won't go up enough for me regret not picking him.

Will depend on dpp and structure. But I rate Martin roughy over him in terms of premos, and I feel pav Thomas represent better value.

Won't be saying that after he kicks 10 against  GWS round 1 lol

kilbluff1985

Holz any idea what Roughy averaged when Buddy didn't play?

_wato

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 03, 2013, 12:17:08 AM

Did this not long ago and based on memory in the last two years without Buddy playing he averaged just over 109 which is fantastic. Would love to get Roughy in, but can't see how at the moment.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: _wato on December 03, 2013, 12:21:08 AM

Did this not long ago and based on memory in the last two years without Buddy playing he averaged just over 109 which is fantastic. Would love to get Roughy in, but can't see how at the moment.

cheers mate

Holz

Quote from: _wato on December 03, 2013, 12:21:08 AM

The only thing I'm slightly worried about is with mcevoy how does that change their structure.

Also that's an unfair stat without buddy as he was rested against weak teams so the data is skewed. I expect roughy to maintain his average without buddy not increase it. He will now get the focus of the defenders more

_wato

Quote from: Holzman on December 03, 2013, 01:51:13 PM
The only thing I'm slightly worried about is with mcevoy how does that change their structure.

Also that's an unfair stat without buddy as he was rested against weak teams so the data is skewed. I expect roughy to maintain his average without buddy not increase it. He will now get the focus of the defenders more

Think it means Hale will play more as a forward giving Hawthorn that third tall option up forward,,and give Mcevoy a chop out.

wb 113, coll 96, ess 100, geel 114, gc 127, pt 130, wb 69, stk 113.
Buddy was rested against any of those teams mate, he was injured as a matter of fact so the data isn't skewed. Yeah there may be easy games but Essendon, Collingwood, Geelong and Port Adelaide aren't easy teams and both WB and Gold Coast have both improved considerably so aren't easy teams to play anymore.

Noz

2014 will be the last year Franklin ever plays AFL as he will flower up and get sacked and leave Sydney bankrupt.

TeeJay

Quote from: Noz on December 03, 2013, 02:48:16 PM
2014 will be the last year Franklin ever plays AFL as he will flower up and get sacked and leave Sydney bankrupt.

God you say some ridiculous things lol

Jroo

Actually I think I've talked myself into starting with Buddy. He's good value and I think he can get back to close to his best.
Here, I wrote an article about it, some of you may find it helpful.

GCSkiwi

What's the status of his dodgy knees? I completely agree with what Holz said above, you'd rather pay a bit more for Roughy and like Pav more at a similar ish price to buddy. With that said, he is absolutely one of the best players around and at 490k it's very hard to pass him up. Will likely be in and out of my team right up until round 1...