SC 2014 Profile: Lance Franklin

Started by shorty3264, November 08, 2013, 02:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bones Bombers

If Tippett can do as well as he did this season with the delivery from the Swans mids, how well will Buddy do!
Far better talent than Tippett.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Bones Bombers on November 11, 2013, 01:24:28 PM
If Tippett can do as well as he did this season with the delivery from the Swans mids, how well will Buddy do!

That's debatable Tippett a very good overhead mark Franklin not so much

Ziplock

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 11, 2013, 01:28:32 PM

we should be grateful franklin isn't an amazing mark, he'd be unstoppable.

I think they'll complement eachother well :P

SydneyRox

Quote from: Ziplock on November 11, 2013, 01:57:50 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 11, 2013, 01:28:32 PM

we should be grateful franklin isn't an amazing mark, he'd be unstoppable.

I think they'll complement eachother well :P

Yeah. Agreed. The best thing for Buddy is that since he is more than likely not to be anchored at FF, Tippett will get the #1 defender.

GoLions

Franklin can't mark or kick. If I was a Swans midfielder kicking inside 50, I would want to pass it to Tippett 10 times out of 10.

Honestly, I can't see Buddy averaging over 105. I'm thinking somewhere around a 90-95 avg atm, but I'm glad to be proven wrong.

Vinny

Tippett is flowering amazing overhead and I agree with passing it to Tippett but if Buddy gets back in 2012 form, Jesus.

Coleman was Tipetts if Buddy didnt go to the Swans

Buddy is too hard to leave out at that price.

shorty3264

Quote from: GoLions16 on November 11, 2013, 07:36:42 PM
Franklin can't mark or kick. If I was a Swans midfielder kicking inside 50, I would want to pass it to Tippett 10 times out of 10.

Honestly, I can't see Buddy averaging over 105. I'm thinking somewhere around a 90-95 avg atm, but I'm glad to be proven wrong.
Buddy is an elite player, what he lacks in overhead marking he easily makes up for in his agility and brilliance. His kicking is erratic not terrible. I think Tippett and Franklin will be a hugely dangerous duo, but expect Franklin to play more up the field and he'll be back to his best.

Capper

Rather than start a new thread, here is the profile i did of Buddy
Quote from: tabs on November 02, 2013, 01:21:47 AM
Name: Lance Franklin

Position: Fwd

Guernsey Number:

Height: 196cm

Weight: 100kg

Career Games: 182

Career Goals: 580

Fanfooty Profile

Swans Profile

AFL Player Rankings Profile

AFL Stats

Average SC points v Opposition

SC History

SC Venue History

2013 SC Highest / Lowest price: $618,000/$439,900

2013 SC Starting / Ending price: $618,000/$439,900

2013 SC Price Chart 2013 SC Score Chart

SC Fanplanner Price: $483,600

SC Fanplanner Position: Fwd

Guernsey Number:

SC Starting Price:

Position:

Tabs Predictions

Tabs says: Looking at the 2013 stats, the main thing I see is that he lost between $160-190k on his starting price in the first 8 games and then didn't make up any of that money back. So his starting price in 2014 should be well down on what it was in 2013. But I still don't think you can start him. I would personally give him a couple of weeks and look to pick him up around the first bye period, maybe just before. He will be getting used to his new team and it might take a while for him to settle. But once he is settled then BANG!!!!

News articles
http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2013-10-08/swans-welcome-lance-franklin
http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/gallery/2013-10-09/lance-franklin-sydney-swans-unveiling
http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2013-11-20/buddy-surprises-teammates

Dayze

I have no friggen idea what to do with buddy this year.
Every time I think about starting him it hurts my head.
Ill deal with him closer to the season.
Incredibly underpriced, no doubt. But a high of 126 for the season is very unbuddy like.

Sydney players worry me aswell. Seem to have about 10 fantasy friendly players who all steal a bit of the pie off each other.
This will b one of the crucial decisions early on that make or break ur season...

quinny88

Guys please don't compare tippet to buddy  :o buddy is 10 times the player Tippet is. He is a once in a generation player. Don't let one quieter season throw out your judgement of what a star this guy is. Tippet is a big bodied forward with a good set of hands and can string a few goals together. Buddy can turn a game on its head and do things no one else can do.

I think I'll be to scared not to pick buddy. He will no doubt have some quiet games but expect some monsters to

Jroo

Buddy is in the top three players in the comp on talent, but I won't be starting him. I want to see how he goes playing in the Swans forward 50, first.

Torpedo10

Big Mac

Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 02, 2013, 04:31:42 PM
He's locked for me.

You think he'll be able to adjust to Sydney's game plan, gel with the team and get back to his 110+ average next year?

TeeJay

Quote from: Big  Mac on December 02, 2013, 07:55:39 PM
He's locked for me.

You think he'll be able to adjust to Sydney's game plan, gel with the team and get back to his 110+ average next year?

I do! We're talking about a gun player Ina gun team. He will be fine

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Big  Mac on December 02, 2013, 07:55:39 PM
He's locked for me.

for under 500k he does not really need to get back to 110+average