2013 Games: 19

2013 Ave: 90.4

Centuries: 9

Highs: 124 vs Carlton, 121 vs Collingwood, 119 vs Essendon

Lows: 45 vs Adelaide, 53 vs Richmond, 57 vs North Melbourne

FanPlanner Price: $483,600

Position: Forward

Thoughts
Lance Franklin the walking headline. His move to the Swans dominated the media and will forever go down as one of the biggest deals in AFL/VFL history. But what does this mean for us SuperCoach SuperCoaches? After a well below season for Buddy which saw him produce six sub-70 scores, the move north could be the best thing for him and even better for fantasy land. His average of 90 saw a staggering drop of 25 PPG in 2012. Was it all the contract speculation? The improvement of Jack Gunston? Or simply a poor year from the superstar? Whatever the reason, 2014 is shaping to be a big year for Franklin with the shackles seemingly off, I expect his average to be back to three figures and Buddy back to his best. We know his capabilities and the huge ceiling he has makes such an appealing prospect.

Verdict
At his best he is elite, the best forward selection out there the only question is can he return to that form, at that price it is well worth paying for to find out. The potential for Buddy this year is huge, making him great value.

Prediction

SydneyRox

Surely cant go backwards....

His role at the Swans is most likely going to be similar to his role at Hawthorn, roaming the forward line and wing. Letting Reid/Tippett/Resting ruck play the close to goal FF position.

Loves playing on the SCG and usually scored well.

shorty3264

Quote from: SydneyRox on November 08, 2013, 02:43:10 PM
Surely cant go backwards....

His role at the Swans is most likely going to be similar to his role at Hawthorn, roaming the forward line and wing. Letting Reid/Tippett/Resting ruck play the close to goal FF position.

Loves playing on the SCG and usually scored well.
Yeh very true mate.

Why won't the rest of my stuff upload?? Is it just my computer or what lol...

Vinny

Could we the copy and paste issue mate, you gotta take out any ' or - manually or else it cuts off your text. It is a pain and Monty should fix it soon man :)

Capper

shorty3264

Ahhhh I see, very helpful Vinny. Thank you mate.

A few technical difficulties Tabs, all sorted now  :P

specky92

tor01doc

Bargain after last year's sub-Buddy year and will have a point to prove.

He'll be keen to fit into a new team oriented culture so won't give away as many frees.

Get on.

Vinny

I think you have to start him, no matter how bad he was last year. His best is unbelievable. He will be crazy next year.

GoLions

I dunno. With Tippett there as well, not sure if he'll be getting any of those massive scores. Definitely could be wrong though, but at this point I might wait until the byes (or not at all) to bring him in.

Ricochet

I'm locking him in already. Hopefully he gets back to his best

SydneyRox

Quote from: GoLions16 on November 10, 2013, 11:44:52 AM
I dunno. With Tippett there as well, not sure if he'll be getting any of those massive scores. Definitely could be wrong though, but at this point I might wait until the byes (or not at all) to bring him in.

Dont understand the logic re Tippett. He has Roughead at the Hawks?

specky92

Quote from: SydneyRox on November 11, 2013, 11:45:53 AM

was thinking this also

My Chumps

Locking him in just because of his price; surely he can't average less than 90?

GoLions

Quote from: SydneyRox on November 11, 2013, 11:45:53 AM

Roughead was amazing this year, and Buddy did shower all. I can't remember how good Roughy was the year before though.