Calling all LeBron haters.

Started by tor01doc, November 08, 2013, 12:20:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tor01doc

I have just seen 'More than a Game.' DVD about the Akron 5.

I laughed. I cried. I cheered. I sat in stunned silence.

;D  :'(  :D  :-\

Have a look if you haven't seen it.

Warning - it might melt your heart a bit.

PS I understand it may be old news to some of you, but to those who haven't seen it, it is worth it.

Holz

I'm looking at you jay.

I really want to watch this documentary. LeBron is such a good guy and doesn't deserve the hate.

Jay

Sure, Lebron has been through a lot. And I give him credit for being where he is today (the most gifted player since MJ).

But I couldn't think of a worse way to spend a couple of hours. LeBron is a cocky a$$ that I just generally cannot stand. The things he does on the court (eg just the other day he started dancing while dribbling the ball) really give me the showers.

His press conference after one of his Finals games in 2011 was just appalling! He tried to defend his fadeouts in the 4th rather than take the blame!

He's just a guy that I find really unlikeable. Watch Paul Pierce - beyond the glory, KG - Anything is possible and Boston Celtics - the 17th championship... That's what ya wanna watch ;)

Windigo

I'm with Jay. I don't hate him, I respect what he does.

But to me, he just isn't someone I like watching. When you get a tattoo of the chosen one on your back for instance.... Flog radar is in the red zone...

Jay

Adopts MJ's powder toss. Chooses number 23. Gives himself the nickname 'King James'

Basically declared himself the next MJ coming out of college... ::)

Lol Windi. My flog radar breaks when I see the guy :P

Holz

Not sure how you can hate someone for being arrogant and a showman which lots of athletes are.  than sing praise for a guy who made fun of one of the nicest guys in the nba mums dying and making a joke of cancer.

BratPack

valkorum

I couldnt care if the best doco EVER.... I wont be watching it.

Jay

Quote from: Holzman on November 08, 2013, 10:06:12 AM
Not sure how you can hate someone for being arrogant and a showman which lots of athletes are.  than sing praise for a guy who made fun of one of the nicest guys in the nba mums dying and making a joke of cancer.
KG didnt make a joke of cancer and there's never been proof he said that to Duncan... Its all rumours.

Holz

Quote from: Jayman on November 08, 2013, 04:45:12 PM
KG didnt make a joke of cancer and there's never been proof he said that to Duncan... Its all rumours.

Calling someone with a condition a cancer patient isn't good.

Also I doubt the nicest guy in the nba is lying. There are numerous cases of kg being a bad guy. His comments about Allen are another example

Jay

Quote from: Holzman on November 08, 2013, 04:51:07 PM

Also I doubt the nicest guy in the nba is lying. There are numerous cases of kg being a bad guy. His comments about Allen are another example
But the guy didnt even have cancer... KG does whatever it takes to win! Either love him, or hate him... But there was nothing wrong with what he said about Ray.

Holz

Quote from: Jayman on November 08, 2013, 04:54:18 PM
Quote from: Holzman on November 08, 2013, 04:51:07 PM

But the guy didnt even have cancer... KG does whatever it takes to win! Either love him, or hate him... But there was nothing wrong with what he said about Ray.

He had a disease that effected his hair folices. Both insulting to him and also making fun of how people having chemo look.

tor01doc

Master Q

Quote from: Windigo on November 08, 2013, 08:37:05 AM

But to me, he just isn't someone I like watching. When you get a tattoo of the chosen one on your back for instance.... Flog radar is in the red zone...

^^^
I think I judge LeBron fairly. I'm not going to quote all my posts about him in other threads. Best player in the league. Potential to be better than MJ. Not clutch.
---
Whether you think he is a good guy or not, KG is a winner. Simple as that, he is a winner.

Holz

Quote from: Master Q on November 08, 2013, 05:38:17 PM
Quote from: Windigo on November 08, 2013, 08:37:05 AM

^^^
I think I judge LeBron fairly. I'm not going to quote all my posts about him in other threads. Best player in the league. Potential to be better than MJ. Not clutch.
---
Whether you think he is a good guy or not, KG is a winner. Simple as that, he is a winner.

A one time winner he should show respect to the two time winner and the all time greatest shooter.