Main Menu

Where are you (your parents) from?

Started by tor01doc, November 06, 2013, 08:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tor01doc

To celebrate multiculturalism in this new era of tolerance, I thought it would be interesting to get an idea of how diverse the backgrounds of FF peoples are.

My parents came form Hungary in 1956 - thanks to the not so friendly Russians!

LF

Parents from Australia all Grand parents but for one from Australia and the one thats not is from Scotland.

Ziplock

tor01doc

GoLions

Both parents were born in Australia, but:
- Dad's dad was born in Romania
- Dad's mum was born in Germany
- Mum's parents were both born in Greece (one may have been born in Cyprus, not sure)

Jukes

- Entire dad's side English (few Scots and Irish here and there). Related to Princess Diana and Winston Churchill, albeit distant.
- Mum born in Australia, her mum's side is Italian-Australian (not sure of specifics), dad's side is German-Australian

Mr.Craig

My family tree has been traced back as far as 1650. Most of them come from Devon, England but my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather went over to the U.S for a period and was in Salem around the time of the famous witch trials of the 1690's. He and his wife had a son before returning to England.

Family has been in Australia since 1841, making me seventh generation Aussie.

Nige

My whole family is Indian. First to be born in Australia.

tor01doc

Nige

T Dog

Diamond Creek and Collingwood..who would have thought I support Diamond Creek?? :o

Vinny

In West Philadelphia born and raised, on the playground was where I spent most of my days.

tor01doc

Nige

Quote from: vinny on November 06, 2013, 08:52:14 PM
In West Philadelphia born and raised, on the playground was where I spent most of my days.
Liar.  :P

I do like the Fresh Prince reference though.  ;)

Vinny

Quote from: NigeyS on November 06, 2013, 08:54:08 PM
Quote from: vinny on November 06, 2013, 08:52:14 PM
Liar.  :P

I do like the Fresh Prince reference though.  ;)

Glad you picked up on it! ;D

Quote from: tor01doc on November 06, 2013, 08:53:59 PM
Vinny got the blues!

;)