SC 2014 Profile: Mitch Clark

Started by nrich102, November 01, 2013, 05:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on December 14, 2013, 02:31:56 PM
Meh, a small ankle sprain will only set him back a couple of weeks

the worry is he seems to get a few of these during the season. I have him but im nervous.

meow meow

Well how about that!? An injury prone player got another injury. You shouldn't be surprised about this, and you shouldn't be surprised when Higgins and Sandilands get theirs.

_wato

Quote from: meow meow on December 14, 2013, 07:05:56 PM
Well how about that!? An injury prone player got another injury. You shouldn't be surprised about this, and you shouldn't be surprised when Higgins and Sandilands get theirs.

Hahaha, meow telling it how it is! You may be right but none are keepers but are stepping stones, so 6-8 games of price rises is all you need. Will all increase enough in value to swap to a premium hopefully around the bye rounds. (I'm only picking Sandi and maybe Clark, Higgins is unfortunately on the never again list).

Vinny

I really do not want to go near Sandi but MIGHT have to. But if I can, Goldy and Nic Nat.

Millsy999

I agree with _wato, use as a stepping stone. If fit he is good for 80+. Bargain buying at $250k. Lock for me. 

Purple 77

will keep an eye over Clark in the pre season, but so help me, if I hear one more injury concern, I won't touch him. Will be a last minute decision for me.

Mykonos FC

Got him at the moment.
Bargain if he is ready to line up for round 1.

nas

Quote from: meow meow on December 14, 2013, 07:05:56 PM

Not adding D Thomas to that list also Puss Puss

Peter

Ricochet

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/melbourne-sweats-on-fitness-of-key-forwards-mitch-clark-chris-dawes-and-jesse-hogan/story-fndv8pdq-1226807083578

MELBOURNE will hit the NAB Challenge with its best available team, but cannot guarantee star forward Mitch Clark will be fit for Round 1.

The Demons have a trio of key forwards in Clark, ex-Collingwood tall Chris Dawes (knee) and Jesse Hogan (knee) all yet to join in full training.

Hogan should be back with the full squad this week after a minor knee strain, while Dawes is only being eased back into training after knee surgery pre-Christmas.

Clark is clearly the club's most dominant forward, but is yet to join full training after just 15 games due to a foot fracture in the past two years.

Melbourne is hopeful he will filter into the pre-season campaign, but is not rushing him.

shaker

See how he goes but think I would rather go with Fasolo or Rohan if they play round 1.

_wato

Quote from: shaker on January 22, 2014, 11:30:45 AM
See how he goes but think I would rather go with Fasolo or Rohan if they play round 1.

Really mate? Not sure on Fasolo playing Round 1 as with Rohan. I've always thought Rohan is a fantasy spud too, has never showed anything as of yet.

shaker

Quote from: _wato on January 22, 2014, 11:34:03 AM
Quote from: shaker on January 22, 2014, 11:30:45 AM

Really mate? Not sure on Fasolo playing Round 1 as with Rohan. I've always thought Rohan is a fantasy spud too, has never showed anything as of yet.

I think Fasolo as long as he is over his injury will be in the Pies best 22 as he was before and Rohan if you can believe reports is flying his was a very nasty injury that took him a long while to get over hence getting the vest a lot time will tell

Ricochet

Update on Clark

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-01-30/no-date-for-clark

MELBOURNE key forward Mitch Clark expects to be back training with the main group next week but has not set a date when he will return from his foot injury.

He says that after such a long lay-off all he can do is take it one session at a time.

He had a solid block of training before Christmas, so he can afford to be managed through January, running alone at training and rebuilding confidence in his body.