Main Menu

2014 ladder predictions

Started by quinny88, November 01, 2013, 04:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

So the dons lock in 7th spot, regardless of other results...and I quote

Quote from: noto07 on July 01, 2014, 12:58:53 PM
The funniest one is Essendon to finish 7th. I actually collapsed in laughter when i saw that one..

LaHug

The fact that we managed to get to the stage where it's "if we win both, we're in" excites me so much. I don't think we'll beat the Swans but it should be a hell of an exciting match. Would love to go to Sydney and watch it if uni weren't keeping me in Melbourne.

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Nails on August 24, 2014, 12:49:49 AM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on August 24, 2014, 12:29:08 AM
Sydney secure 1st spot this weekend if they beat the bulldogs

Not really...

if Sydney lose in the final round - they'll drop percentage and Hawks vs. Pies should gain percentage and so the 4% lead the Swans have could disappear. Especially if Pies play the way they did against Brisbane last week Hawks could gain 10% haha.

Except Sydney would most likely increase their percentage as well, meaning Hawthorn would have to win by like 75+

Edit: Calculating it now as it stands Hawthorn has to win by 70+ already to overtake 142% without taking Sydney's game against WB into account

Nails

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on August 24, 2014, 01:20:45 AM

Not really...

if Sydney lose in the final round - they'll drop percentage and Hawks vs. Pies should gain percentage and so the 4% lead the Swans have could disappear. Especially if Pies play the way they did against Brisbane last week Hawks could gain 10% haha.

Except Sydney would most likely increase their percentage as well, meaning Hawthorn would have to win by like 75+

Edit: Calculating it now as it stands Hawthorn has to win by 70+ already to overtake 142% without taking Sydney's game against WB into account

That's the point... Sydney lose by 20 odd then Hawks don't need to win by as much.

RaisyDaisy

As an Eagles supporter obviously I'm hoping Sydney will beat Richmond next week, and we will beat Gold Coast, but if the Tiges beat Sydney then I am more than content with them getting that 8th spot

As long as Adelaide doesn't get it, I'm ok. (They have recently lost to all the other teams fighting for the 8th spot, so don't deserve it imo)

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Nails on August 24, 2014, 03:08:43 AM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on August 24, 2014, 01:20:45 AM

Not really...

That's the point... Sydney lose by 20 odd then Hawks don't need to win by as much.

I don't understand. Thats assuming they win this week which completely cancels out your theory? So if anything Hawks are looking at a minimum 70 point win which could be closer to 100