Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Quote from: Noz on June 08, 2014, 01:20:16 AM
Geelong loosing to only Freo and Hawks?

You serious they are cooked.
Have you seen their draw?
I can't see them losing to; Saints, Dogs, Dees, GWS, Lions
Think they'll still beat; Suns, Dons, Roos, Blues

But as I said in my initial post, reckon they'll probably drop another game, maybe against the Suns or the Roos

GoLions

And ftr I can't see them being a threat in September. I agree they haven't been great lately but just think they have a fairly easy draw which should see them win most of their games. The top 4 are all a fair bit ahead of them IMO

Noz

Quote from: GoLions16 on June 08, 2014, 01:24:12 AM

But as I said in my initial post, reckon they'll probably drop another game, maybe against the Suns or the Roos

Lions is always a danger game for Geelong, Lions beat them once last year and pushed them to the limit at Skilled.
They just narrowly beat the Roos and only beat Carlton due to an umpiring error.
You forgot to mention Hawthorn so theres a loss.
Freo at skilled you can chalk that down as a loss as well.
Essendon always play well against top sides they can push Geelong and beat them
Suns at Metricon is far from an easy win.

They will beat Saints, Bulldogs and Giants the rest of the games they are in danger of loosing all of them.

Their kids aren't consistent enough and now some of their senior players are getting injuries its really showing their lack of depth right now. Johnson and Selwood are playing shocking football. Geelong are only winning games because of 2 players James Kelly and Tom Hawkins.

GoLions

Quote from: Noz on June 08, 2014, 01:34:06 AM

Lions is always a danger game for Geelong, Lions beat them once last year and pushed them to the limit at Skilled.
They just narrowly beat the Roos and only beat Carlton due to an umpiring error.

They will beat Saints, Bulldogs and Giants the rest of the games they are in danger of loosing all of them.

Their kids aren't consistent enough and now some of their senior players are getting injuries its really showing their lack of depth right now. Johnson and Selwood are playing shocking football. Geelong are only winning games because of 2 players James Kelly and Tom Hawkins.

Quote from: GoLions16 on June 08, 2014, 01:19:16 AM
Geelong losing to Freo and Hawks

I'd be stoked if we beat them at Symonds haha, but just can't see it happening unless they have no chance at top 4 and decide to rest a few players
Roos are very up and down, at their best I agree they are a real chance
Blues are kinda the same, their best is pretty good, but their worst is flowering attrocious
Bombers will put up a fight. Maybe if they're fighting for a spot in the 8 they could get over the line, but I doubt it
Suns agree will be a close game

GoLions

I hope I'm wrong and the Cats lose them all ;D

My Chumps

Lol, why are you so biased against Geelong? Agree completely with GL; they'll beat everyone bar Freo + Hawthorn plus one other outsider (maybe the Roos).

The Cats don't lose games against bad teams. They find a way to win.

Ricochet

Quote from: tbagrocks on June 07, 2014, 02:01:14 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on June 06, 2014, 10:03:53 PM
Adelaide

Fremantle
haha come on mate
I tell you what, I think the Dockers pressure is way off and they are in for a fight tomorrow, if they lose to us, this 8 becomes a real reality for your mob out West
[/quote]
about that..  :P

Mailman the 2nd

I think this week just proves that the Bombers and the Crows are very much not top 8 sides.

Only 7 teams will be able to make an impact in September anyway, with Gold Coast, Essendon and Adelaide more or less making up the numbers

Noz

Quote from: My Chumps on June 08, 2014, 04:47:39 PM

Lol, why are you so biased against Geelong? Agree completely with GL; they'll beat everyone bar Freo + Hawthorn plus one other outsider (maybe the Roos).

Im not?

Steve Johnson is playing poor football
Joel Selwood played 1 quarter on friday night
James Kelly is the one thats winning their games

Jroo

Quote from: Noz on June 08, 2014, 09:51:21 PM
Quote from: My Chumps on June 08, 2014, 04:47:39 PM

Im not?

And they still won. Cats will come good, just having a rough patch atm.

caluuum

Had a play around with the predictor, got this;

I have Hawks only losing to Freo
Swans only losing to Hawks
Freo not losing another match
Port losing to Swans, Pies, Swans, Freo

Obviously these games mentioned could go either way, but yeah, that's what I'm predicting. Freo will probably drop one, Cats might drop another, Port could get an extra win. Haven't played around with the margins.

And I have no idea why the "Losses" column is flowered up haha

You really think North are going to lose another 5 games? We're only playing Geelong and Hawthorn from the top 8 for the rest of the season. (2x Melb, Saints, BL, WB, GWS) I don't see us losing 3 of them  ???

GoLions

Quote from: caluuum on June 09, 2014, 01:08:53 PM
Had a play around with the predictor, got this;

I have Hawks only losing to Freo
Swans only losing to Hawks
Freo not losing another match
Port losing to Swans, Pies, Swans, Freo

Obviously these games mentioned could go either way, but yeah, that's what I'm predicting. Freo will probably drop one, Cats might drop another, Port could get an extra win. Haven't played around with the margins.

And I have no idea why the "Losses" column is flowered up haha

You really think North are going to lose another 5 games? We're only playing Geelong and Hawthorn from the top 8 for the rest of the season. (2x Melb, Saints, BL, WB, GWS) I don't see us losing 3 of them  ???
I think I had you losing against Hawks, Cats, Crows (at their home ground), Blues (as an upset), and Lions (cause I'm a biased dog). It's very likely you'll win an extra 1-2 games haha, but we did beat you at the Gabba last year ;)

Mat0369

Quote from: GoLions16 on June 08, 2014, 01:00:58 AM
GET AROUND US!

#LIONS4PREMIERS

I overrated the Dogs, they have gone backwards the last month. GWS have been competitive the last two weeks but the Lions should win that, Eagles is 50/50 because it is at the Gabba, but the others not so much.

GoLions

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 09, 2014, 01:53:26 PM
Quote from: GoLions16 on June 08, 2014, 01:00:58 AM
GET AROUND US!

#LIONS4PREMIERS

I overrated the Dogs, they have gone backwards the last month. GWS have been competitive the last two weeks but the Lions should win that, Eagles is 50/50 because it is at the Gabba, but the others not so much.
Yeah I think a lot depends on which opponent turns up really. Eagles and Crows could come out and tear us apart, or play terrible in which case we should get the win. Dees and GWS should both be close games IMO. Suns I think we have a chance simply because it's the Q-Clash (such a bad name haha), but I wouldn't be expecting us to win.

If we can win 2 or 3 of these 5 games I'd be very happy.

Mat0369

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on June 08, 2014, 07:31:35 PM
I think this week just proves that the Bombers and the Crows are very much not top 8 sides.

Only 7 teams will be able to make an impact in September anyway, with Gold Coast, Essendon and Adelaide more or less making up the numbers

Gold Coast can be dangerous, the Swans are arguably the best team in the comp at the moment and it was poor kicking at goal that kept them out of the game. If they can manage to get a home final against someone like Collingwood I can see them causing an upset in September.

Quote from: Noz on June 08, 2014, 09:51:21 PM
Im not?

My mate is a Cats supporter, I was having a conversation with him about Geelong a couple of weeks back (before the Swans game), their key position playing stocks are seriously thin. Up forward they have Hawkins and nothing, they lose Lonergan down back and they are screwed. Look at the age of most of their key contributors and they are all 30 plus (Selwood, Tomahawk and Taylor the exceptions). When their top end players are down on form like Johnson and Selwood they have no one that takes a game over in the midfield. Enright is on the decline, Bartel and Kelly might not have long left, they are likely to win quite a few games to close out the season but I think they will struggle against the elite teams. Do not be surprised if GC knock them off in two weeks time.