Carlton
Brisbane
Melbourne
Footscray
St Kilda
GWS ::)
haha come on mate

Mailman the 2nd

People are getting way too drawn in being scoreboard spectators, the 8 is as good as set.

Bill Manspeaker

Saints to sneak in to the 8

I kid, we'll be lucky to win another game with our draw

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Mr.Craig on November 02, 2013, 05:51:18 PM
1. Sydney
2. Fremantle
3. Hawthorn
4. Essendon
5. Geelong
6. Port Adelaide
7. Adelaide
8. North Melbourne
9. Collingwood
10. Richmond
11. Carlton
12. West Coast
13. Gold Coast
14. Bulldogs
15. St Kilda
16. Brisbane
17. Melbourne
18. GWS

Not playing out too far from what I imagined.

Mat0369

I think we are about a month out of the 8 being settled. There are a couple of inconsistent teams like the Bombers and North who look top 4 one week and bottom 4 the next. I have done a rough tally but it still doesn't look right, I have added draws for 50/50 games on my ladder and teams would probably be unlucky to lose them all. There will also be a few upsets in there which obviously changes the course of things, but I would like to get a better look at GC over the next month before making a decision. The Bombers at Etihad, Pies at Metricon (they knocked them off last time they played there) and Eagles in Perth could be their 3 most critical games of the season.

My rough ladder

1. Hawks
2. Swans
3. Cats
4. Port
5. Freo
6. North
7. Pies
8. Suns
9. Essendon
10. Adelaide
11. WC
12. Melbourne
13. Richmond
14. Carlton
15. Bulldogs
16. Saints
17. Lions
18. Giants

1 and 2 I have equal on wins but with a couple of 50/50's same goes with 3-5 and and 6-7. I didn't take margins into account either.

My ladder pre-season

Quote from: Mat0369 on November 03, 2013, 12:42:23 AM
1. Sydney - It will come down to injuries but I think getting Buddy and Laidler as well as all the guys that were injured last season back pushes them to the top
2. Freo - It will depend on how they travel
3. Hawks - Big Boy addition could see them finish anywhere from 1st-3rd
4. Ess - I hate the Bombers, but before they knew they were playing for nothing they kept winning. Unless they have an end of year collapse they have shown the ability to be top 4
5. Geel - Can finish anywhere from 4th to 7th. I think it all depends on the health of the Tomahawk. The biggest loss for them is Pods. He was their safety, they need Kersten to be really good next year or their KPF could be in serious trouble.
6. Port - Natural improvement should see them be top 8 again, although if a team is to bomb out with second year blues like the Crows did last year, Port is that team
7. North - lost a ton of close games last season and I think might struggle early in the season without Swallow. They should finish in the 8, but this is another team I can see busting. It depends on if they really are chokers or if they will finally be the real deal
8. Collingwood - Their midfield might be able to carry them through to 8th next season
9. GC - I think it is between them and the Pies for 8th
10 Rich - Mental scars of losing to 9th sees them not make finals. Honestly though I don't see them better then any of the top 8 other then Collingwood if Port keep improving. Plus it is about time Gold Coast burst out and it could be at the expense of the Tigers in the 8
11 Adel - I think they can push for 8th but it depends on how Port, Collingwood and North go through the year
12 Carl - I still think it depends on how Malthouse adjusts his game plan on if Carlton will be a finals side.
13 Bulldogs - It will depend on how the kids keep developing, but they are building a quality side
14 Eagles - I don't think they are good enough for the 8, they have a bit of talent on the list still, but the guys that helped take them to top 4 a couple of years back are declining and the kids aren't standing up yet
15 Bris - Shocking off season, but the guys that left, not many of them played a huge role in their surge up the ladder late in the year. IF Rocky plays in the guts all year like he is supposed to, they could easily finish higher
16 Melb - they shouldn't get blown out anymore with Roos coach. this year is all about development for Melbourne so 16th won't be too bad as long as they are competative and win 5+ games
17 Saints - tank mode is on
18 GWS

The only one I have been really wrong about are Essendon and West Coast and Port should have been a bit higher. Melbourne have also progressed a lot better then I thought they would in terms of winning games and that is a credit to Roos and the club. I tried squeezing GC in to my 8 when I did this but couldn't figure who to drop out, turns out that team looks to be the Bombers.

And reading what I wrote about Freo, it wasn't some vague statement of 'Oh, we will see how they go' I mean how they play  and how many they win interstate.

Ringo

Still honestly believe Brisbane can finish as high as 12th due to our second half draw 14th is my prediction though.  No other team played 6 of the current Top 8 in their first 9 matches,

Todays game will be a big one though v Dogs.

I can see us winning GWS, and at home 50/50 in all these games Suns, Eagles, Crows, Roos,   May be a chance against freo if Lyons decide to rest players rather than travel to Brisbane.

If we win at least 4 of our last 11 which is possible then we will finish much higher than the 17th or 18th most are predicting. Happy to be proven wrong if we do finish 17th or 18th but pleased to crow if we finish 14th or better.

My predicted Ladder - mid seasom

1. Sydney
2. Port
3. Hawthorn
4. Freemantle
5. Geelong
6. Collingwood
7. North Melbourne
8. Gold Coast
9.  Essendon
10. Adelaide
11. Carlton
12. West Coast
13. Richmond
14. Brisbane
15. Melbourne
16. Bulldogs
17. St Kilda
18. GWS

Teams 7 - 12 imo will be fighting for the last 2 positions in the 8.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Ricochet on June 06, 2014, 10:03:53 PM
Adelaide

Fremantle
haha come on mate
[/quote]
I tell you what, I think the Dockers pressure is way off and they are in for a fight tomorrow, if they lose to us, this 8 becomes a real reality for your mob out West

GoLions

Quote from: GoLions16 on May 26, 2014, 01:56:18 PM
Blues at Gabba
Dogs at Etihad
Giants at Gabba
Roos at Gabba
Eagles at Gabba
Suns at Gabba
Dees at Etihad
Crows at Gabba

All of those IMO are winnable games, and I'd expect us to win at least 3

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 26, 2014, 02:05:40 PM
I only see Brisbane winning one, maybe two of those games.

Quote from: SydneyRox on May 26, 2014, 02:09:13 PM
Besides the GWS game and maybe the Dees, Brisbane wont start fav in any of these.

Will need to play well to get 3 games..

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 26, 2014, 02:39:50 PM
The way Melbourne have been going they win that in Melbourne. Etihad is the issue in that game since their record is very poor at that ground. Depending which Crows team shows up and they match up well with the Eagles otherwise GWS is the only one I saw as winnable.

GET AROUND US!

#LIONS4PREMIERS

Noz

1. Port
2. Sydney
3. Freo
4. Hawthorn
5. Collingwood
6. Geelong
7. North Melbourne
8. Gold Coast
9. Adelade
10. Essendon
11. West Coast
12. Carlton
13. Melbourne
14. Brisbane
15. Richmond
16. St Kilda
17. Western Bulldogs
18. GWS

Grand Final - Port
Runners up - Sydney
Brownlow medal - Gary Ablett
Norm Smith - Chad Wingard
Coleman - Jarryd Roughead

There you go.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: GoLions16 on June 08, 2014, 01:00:58 AM
Quote from: GoLions16 on May 26, 2014, 01:56:18 PM
Blues at Gabba
Dogs at Etihad
Giants at Gabba
Roos at Gabba
Eagles at Gabba
Suns at Gabba
Dees at Etihad
Crows at Gabba

All of those IMO are winnable games, and I'd expect us to win at least 3

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 26, 2014, 02:05:40 PM
I only see Brisbane winning one, maybe two of those games.

Quote from: SydneyRox on May 26, 2014, 02:09:13 PM
Besides the GWS game and maybe the Dees, Brisbane wont start fav in any of these.

Will need to play well to get 3 games..

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 26, 2014, 02:39:50 PM
The way Melbourne have been going they win that in Melbourne. Etihad is the issue in that game since their record is very poor at that ground. Depending which Crows team shows up and they match up well with the Eagles otherwise GWS is the only one I saw as winnable.

GET AROUND US!

#LIONS4PREMIERS

Nails quit hacking people

GoLions

Had a play around with the predictor, got this;

I have Hawks only losing to Freo
Swans only losing to Hawks
Freo not losing another match
Port losing to Swans, Pies, Swans, Freo
Geelong losing to Freo and Hawks

Obviously these games mentioned could go either way, but yeah, that's what I'm predicting. Freo will probably drop one, Cats might drop another, Port could get an extra win. Haven't played around with the margins.

And I have no idea why the "Losses" column is flowered up haha

Noz

Geelong loosing to only Freo and Hawks?

You serious they are cooked.