Main Menu

2014 ladder predictions

Started by quinny88, November 01, 2013, 04:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 16, 2014, 11:20:56 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on November 07, 2013, 08:06:35 PM

I am going to make a big call right now, Gold Coast beat Richmond round 1. If the Tigers struggled to play in Cairns, there is not much difference with an early season trip to the GC. If Dixon and Lynch are both fit they won't be relying on Hall and Brown as their KPF's and hopefully Rory Thompson doesn't get injured part way through the 3rd.

A little off. Dixon got injured lol. Brown isn't part of the squad and Rory didn't play :P Also Hall is short so not KPF.

Noz

I am going to make a big call right now, Gold Coast beat Richmond round 1. If the Tigers struggled to play in Cairns, there is not much difference with an early season trip to the GC. If Dixon and Lynch are both fit they won't be relying on Hall and Brown as their KPF's and hopefully Rory Thompson doesn't get injured part way through the 3rd.

I made pretty much that same call last year, Richmond are over rated yet no one believed me.

Mat0369

Quote from: whatlez on March 16, 2014, 11:29:00 PM
A little off. Dixon got injured lol. Brown isn't part of the squad and Rory didn't play :P Also Hall is short so not KPF.

Josh and not Aaron Hall. But I did make the call a long time before Brown was sacked let alone the squads released  :P

Also the fact they did it without their best defender playing and had their best forward in Dixon went off with an injury after making their sub is even more impressive.

quinny88

Quote from: Noz on March 16, 2014, 11:29:45 PM

I made pretty much that same call last year, Richmond are over rated yet no one believed me.

If you made that call last year then you were wrong.. We finished 5th?

The_Captain

Quote from: MTTY on March 14, 2014, 01:31:29 PM
Quote from: MTTY on November 07, 2013, 05:29:37 PM
1. Sydney
2. Essendon
3. Richmond
4. Fremantle

5. Hawthorn
6. North Melbourne
7. Collingwood
8. Geelong

9. Carlton
10. Port Adelaide
11. Gold Coast
12. Adelaide
13. West Coast Eagles
14. Western Bulldogs
15. Melbourne
16. Brisbane
17. St. Kilda
18. GWS

Updated:

1. Sydney
2. Fremantle
3. Hawthorn
4. Collingwood

5. Essendon
6. Richmond
7. Port Adelaide
8. Geelong

9. North Melbourne
10. Gold Coast
11. Adelaide
12. Carlton
13. West Coast Eagles
14. Western Bulldogs
15. Melbourne
16. Brisbane
17. GWS
18. St.Kilda

Grand Final:
Sydney V Fremantle

Premiers:
Fremantle

Norm Smith:
Aaron Sandilands

Brownlow:
Scott Pendlebury

Coleman:
Lance Franklin

Rising Star:
Jesse Hogan

WORST predictions ive seen yet!!! Collingwood at 4th is hilarious !!! Essendon at 5th as well bahahahah!!!

North at 9th??? Are you serious mate. Do you watch football?? They will be 4-6 for sure!!!!

WCE 13th?? Mate now your just embarrassing yourself.

elephants

Noto, chill man. Everyone is entitled to their opinion ;)

My latest crack:

1. GWS
2. GCS
3-18. Everyone else

Rusty00

Quote from: elephants on March 17, 2014, 12:31:44 PM
Noto, chill man. Everyone is entitled to their opinion ;)

My latest crack:

1. GWS
2. GCS
3-18. Everyone else
Lock the thread. We have the winner here!

MTTY

Quote from: noto07 on March 17, 2014, 12:26:20 PM
1. Sydney
2. Essendon
3. Richmond
4. Fremantle

5. Hawthorn
6. North Melbourne
7. Collingwood
8. Geelong

9. Carlton
10. Port Adelaide
11. Gold Coast
12. Adelaide
13. West Coast Eagles
14. Western Bulldogs
15. Melbourne
16. Brisbane
17. St. Kilda
18. GWS

Updated:

1. Sydney
2. Fremantle
3. Hawthorn
4. Collingwood

5. Essendon
6. Richmond
7. Port Adelaide
8. Geelong

9. North Melbourne
10. Gold Coast
11. Adelaide
12. Carlton
13. West Coast Eagles
14. Western Bulldogs
15. Melbourne
16. Brisbane
17. GWS
18. St.Kilda

Grand Final:
Sydney V Fremantle

Premiers:
Fremantle

Norm Smith:
Aaron Sandilands

Brownlow:
Scott Pendlebury

Coleman:
Lance Franklin

Rising Star:
Jesse Hogan

WORST predictions ive seen yet!!! Collingwood at 4th is hilarious !!! Essendon at 5th as well bahahahah!!!

North at 9th??? Are you serious mate. Do you watch football?? They will be 4-6 for sure!!!!

Ok.

Ringo

Quote from: noto07 on March 17, 2014, 12:26:20 PM
1. Sydney
2. Essendon
3. Richmond
4. Fremantle

5. Hawthorn
6. North Melbourne
7. Collingwood
8. Geelong

9. Carlton
10. Port Adelaide
11. Gold Coast
12. Adelaide
13. West Coast Eagles
14. Western Bulldogs
15. Melbourne
16. Brisbane
17. St. Kilda
18. GWS

Updated:

1. Sydney
2. Fremantle
3. Hawthorn
4. Collingwood

5. Essendon
6. Richmond
7. Port Adelaide
8. Geelong

9. North Melbourne
10. Gold Coast
11. Adelaide
12. Carlton
13. West Coast Eagles
14. Western Bulldogs
15. Melbourne
16. Brisbane
17. GWS
18. St.Kilda

Grand Final:
Sydney V Fremantle

Premiers:
Fremantle

Norm Smith:
Aaron Sandilands

Brownlow:
Scott Pendlebury

Coleman:
Lance Franklin

Rising Star:
Jesse Hogan

Starting to get a little Personal now Noto.  Stick to the facts if arguing and as has been said each will have different opinions. Would hate to have to call a ban for taking it to far so just a little warning.

The_Captain

My bad Ringo.

collingwoods performance on the weekend was enough of a fact for that one.

Will have to wait another week to see the roos and the wce, show that they are top 8..

elephants

Unfortunately we are predicting the ladder at seasons end. You'll find that if 1 week is a long time in footy, 22 weeks is a pretty damn long time.

The_Captain

Quote from: elephants on March 17, 2014, 03:31:43 PM
Unfortunately we are predicting the ladder at seasons end. You'll find that if 1 week is a long time in footy, 22 weeks is a pretty damn long time.

Exactly.. ANd if your getting pumped in your own city by 70 points by an underdone freo side.. Then there is no chance you will be top 4.

There is hope but.. If 12 other sides get riddled with injury!

elephants

Quote from: noto07 on March 17, 2014, 03:39:25 PM

Exactly.. ANd if your getting pumped in your own city by 70 points by an underdone freo side.. Then there is no chance you will be top 4.

Underdone Freo side? You're underrating Freo perennially. Yes their nab was shower but Lyon's sides always chill through the nab then turn it on. And no biggie but the Pies were missing Ben Reid, structurally their most important player imo and Jesse White who would have made a massive difference assisting Cloke.

Do I think Freo deserved to win? Definitely. Do I think we can pass judgement on the Pies after one catastrophe in the first round of the season? No chance.

Its a marathon not a sprint.

The_Captain

Quote from: elephants on March 17, 2014, 03:48:20 PM

Underdone Freo side? You're underrating Freo perennially. Yes their nab was shower but Lyon's sides always chill through the nab then turn it on. And no biggie but the Pies were missing Ben Reid, structurally their most important player imo and Jesse White who would have made a massive difference assisting Cloke.

Do I think Freo deserved to win? Definitely. Do I think we can pass judgement on the Pies after one catastrophe in the first round of the season? No chance.

No im not underrating them at all. Im saying there underdone in the way that they are a fair way of their best!

Pies are done Ele.. Predicted it before the season and after round 1 looks even worse... They have lost a fair bit now over 2 seasons player wise..

elephants

Quote from: noto07 on March 17, 2014, 03:53:55 PM
Quote from: elephants on March 17, 2014, 03:48:20 PM

No im not underrating them at all. Im saying there underdone in the way that they are a fair way of their best!

Pies are done Ele.. Predicted it before the season and after round 1 looks even worse... They have lost a fair bit now over 2 seasons player wise..

They've actually gone for a mini-rebuild. Trading guys like Heater and getting in blokes like Adams, Scharenburg and Freeman. I reckon they'll finish 7th-8th this year then start to steadily improve. Despite what most people think, they actually have a pretty young team.