Main Menu

2014 ladder predictions

Started by quinny88, November 01, 2013, 04:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terminator

Holz-- Port will slip--- based on your crystal ball I gather
      -- Maric, Cotch and Lids played below standard---could name heaps of players similar ,point being?
      -- Wingard. Boak and Hoff---career best seasons---why can't they maintain it?
      -- Port easy draw---now we are clutching at straws ::)
      -- Adelaide should'nt even be in premiership talks---maybe not premiership, but could definitely make the 8

Quinny
      -- Hate to break the news, but no-one cares about SA---I couldn't give a rats about Dictorians
      -- Port overachieved---yawn
      -- Maric a whisker from AA in 2012---that was 2012
      -- Lids an elite player, prime or his career---could say the same about Hartlett-Ebert-Gray-Boak
      -- Cotch freak---Wingard freakish

T-bag, I agree with you mate, a lot if vic bias. Keep sticking up for this great state mate

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Terminator on December 22, 2013, 11:30:42 AM
      -- Maric, Cotch and Lids played below standard---could name heaps of players similar ,point being?
      -- Adelaide should'nt even be in premiership talks---maybe not premiership, but could definitely make the 8

Quinny
      -- Hate to break the news, but no-one cares about SA---I couldn't give a rats about Dictorians
      -- Lids an elite player, prime or his career---could say the same about Hartlett-Ebert-Gray-Boak

T-bag, I agree with you mate, a lot if vic bias. Keep sticking up for this great state mate

There's a difference between actually providing points and just saying "yawn" "clutching at straws"

What straws? You guys sucked as bad as Melbourne did, so they tried to give you the easiest possible draw possible

I'm not really sure why I'm even responding, because Adelaide and Port have just been bad for 4 out of the last 5 years

Ziplock

Ignoring port for a second, Adelaide supporters really shouldn't be talking themselves up.. as mailman said, they've had one good year in the last 4-
2010- 11th
2011-14th
2012-2nd
2013-11th

I'm not really sure how you can justify talking them up.

As for port... well, at least they're coming off a good season- although, with so many breakout players last year, a couple are probably going to drop off a little this year.

I can see both adelaide and port pushing for the 8, but honestly I only think there's enough room in there for one of them, and I don't see either of them having a secured spot.

Holz

I love the selection of 6 of the top 8 being victorian clubs.

I can select my stats too.

2 of the top 3 teams are non victorian
3 of the bottom 4 teams are vicotorian

In fact the top 8 according to the bookmakers is going this way.

Hawks
Sydney
Freo
Geelong
North
Collingwood
Richmond
Eagles

so its 5 victorian teamsn and 3 non vicotrian teams. considering the split if 10 8 that seems about right and its the same of this year. In fact I think its wrong 6 2 is what it should be.

How Adeliade can even compare to a team like Essendon with crwos odds of finals 2.10 and dons 2.00

Essendon won 14 games while go through a scandal and Crows only 10.

7 of last years top 10 were victorian.

so i pose, non vicotrian bias.

Mailman the 2nd

Yeah the bookies went very cold on Essendon after the Hird fiasco and although I think they have a nothing forward-line, they'll be a strong threat to the top 4 let alone to 8

quinny88

Quinny

Ok sherminator  ::)

My point about no one caring about SA was meaning like we don't sit here talking about how much we hate SA.. No one cares. You guys seem to think we care and have this hate towards you. No one I know ever mentions it. Only thing I ever hear is the odd joke about what a shower hole Adelaide is. We don't talk about your football teams because they aren't that great at the moment. Port got plenty of praise here in Vic throughout the season as Adelaide did in 2012 but Why would we think either are a chance to win the flag in 2014? It doesn't matter where you're from it's just common sense.

You don't think port over achieved? Tell me what their odds were at the start of the season to make the semi final last season. Not even port supporters saw that coming and you're talking crap if you say you did.

And my points on Maric, Cotchin and Deledio weren't comparing them to port players. Holz made the comment that they had off seasons and we still finished 5th, they are 3 of our best players so if they go to the level we know they can then Richmond will improve again whereas all of ports better players played career best seasons so the room for improvement probably isn't as high at this stage.

I don't have a problem with Port or Adelaide. You guys just have a sulk every time you're not considered a premiership fancy when you have no right to be and make out like their is some secret Victorian cult that dismiss your clubs in any talks of premierships. Be realistic about it. I think either of them COULD make the finals but I don't think either WILL. Not because they are South Australian but because I think there are 8 clubs better placed than them to make it in 2014

Terminator

Quote from: quinny88 on December 22, 2013, 09:42:51 PM

Quinny

My point about no one caring about SA was meaning like we don't sit here talking about how much we hate SA.. No one cares. You guys seem to think we care and have this hate towards you. No one I know ever mentions it. Only thing I ever hear is the odd joke about what a shower hole Adelaide is. We don't talk about your football teams because they aren't that great at the moment. Port got plenty of praise here in Vic throughout the season as Adelaide did in 2012 but Why would we think either are a chance to win the flag in 2014? It doesn't matter where you're from it's just common sense.

You don't think port over achieved? Tell me what their odds were at the start of the season to make the semi final last season. Not even port supporters saw that coming and you're talking crap if you say you did.

And my points on Maric, Cotchin and Deledio weren't comparing them to port players. Holz made the comment that they had off seasons and we still finished 5th, they are 3 of our best players so if they go to the level we know they can then Richmond will improve again whereas all of ports better players played career best seasons so the room for improvement probably isn't as high at this stage.

I don't have a problem with Port or Adelaide. You guys just have a sulk every time you're not considered a premiership fancy when you have no right to be and make out like their is some secret Victorian cult that dismiss your clubs in any talks of premierships. Be realistic about it. I think either of them COULD make the finals but I don't think either WILL. Not because they are South Australian but because I think there are 8 clubs better placed than them to make it in 2014

How can you even believe what your saying about my club not improving, having a good year because everyone played above expectations, yet your club ,year in year out are a basket case--- face facts

Mailman the 2nd

Um I'm pretty sure anything from 2012 would've been considered improvement lol

GoLions

Quote from: Terminator on December 22, 2013, 10:03:17 PM

Quinny

How can you even believe what your saying about my club not improving, having a good year because everyone played above expectations, yet your club ,year in year out are a basket case--- face facts
Could you please quote where he said they wouldn't improve, because I can't find it anywhere. Just remember that basically every team that finished in the bottom 8 is improving, and at a much higher rate than the teams in the top 8 (Suns, Roos, Dogs, Lions, GWS, Eagles). Yes, Port is improving, but they can't really do much better than they did last season in comparison to all the teams below them. And I'm not really sure about Adelaide, they fell apart without a forward line and had a relatively easy draw in 2012.

GoLions

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on December 22, 2013, 10:05:02 PM
Um I'm pretty sure anything from 2012 would've been considered improvement lol
Hahahaha Trevor Marmalade 2014?  ;D

Terminator

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on December 22, 2013, 11:38:38 AM

Quinny

There's a difference between actually providing points and just saying "yawn" "clutching at straws"

What straws? You guys sucked as bad as Melbourne did, so they tried to give you the easiest possible draw possible

I'm not really sure why I'm even responding, because Adelaide and Port have just been bad for 4 out of the last 5 years

MAILMAM (yes i'm sorry, I put the last M on purpose ). The Swans have been a strong and slightly successful team for the last , what 9 years. Mate look at your history without being cocky, are you serious!! Before 2005, ( till now ) how successful were you?  Hey mate 2005 and 2012-- wow. My team only has in 2004--- so your posts are so much more relevant because of the last  9 years cause Sydney are finally strong You must be a  spoilt kid if that's the way you look at footy. You're probably starting to shave, and followed a team with success, and thought you're better than the rest of us. Take a deep breath, and realise footys being going on for more than 9 years

GoLions

Quote from: Terminator on December 22, 2013, 10:29:22 PM

Quinny

MAILMAM (yes i'm sorry, I put the last M on purpose ). The Swans have been a strong and slightly successful team for the last , what 9 years. Mate look at your history without being cocky, are you serious!! Before 2005, ( till now ) how successful were you?  Hey mate 2005 and 2012-- wow. My team only has in 2004--- so your posts are so much more relevant because of the last  9 years cause Sydney are finally strong You must be a  spoilt kid if that's the way you look at footy. You're probably starting to shave, and followed a team with success, and thought you're better than the rest of us. Take a deep breath, and realise footys being going on for more than 9 years
Why are we talking about the Swans now? I really apologize if we offended you by having an opinion. Really, I am sorry. Honestly, we're all just flowering idiots outside of South Australia. Port vs Crows Grand Final 2014. Kevin Rudd for PM. The "N" word. I'm out.

Bill Manspeaker

hey cockhead, why don't you take your bullshower somewhere else?

you know you've lost an argument when you resort to personal insults, and not even good ones.. good effort though. dick

quinny88

Quote from: Terminator on December 22, 2013, 10:03:17 PM

Quinny

Pretty sure I didn't say your club isn't improving :o they don't have an easy fixture this year though and I don't think so many players can all play at such a high level for such a long time. What port need is improvement out of their bottom 6 to maintain the competitiveness they showed this year. Port got on a roll early in the season playing Melbourne, Gws, Adelaide, goldcoast and Westcoast in the first 5 rounds. They don't get that luxury this year. Where do you think Port will finish?

Lol Richmonds basket case days are done. Haven't been a basket case for a few years now. In fact Port have been far more of a basket case in recent times so I wouldn't go down that path. Again though.. I'm not comparing Richmond and Port. I'm just saying Port and Adelaide aren't premiership fancies because they aren't good enough to be. Neither are Richmond? And I don't expect us to be but you guys seem to think that you should be and you're only not because you are SA clubs and Victorians are bias  ::)

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Terminator on December 22, 2013, 10:29:22 PM

Quinny

Uh I'm not really sure where me supporting Sydney or being young is relevant but whatever, you can make your own conclusions.

Not really sure why performances by the club before 2000 would be relevant anyway lol, you don't see Carlton/Essendon/Collingwood proclaiming glory just because they've won more premierships than anyone else.

I'd hardly see myself as spoilt (although given the 73 years before '05 was pretty lucky) considering Sydney is hardly the definition of a powerhouse club, they weren't even rated a top 5 club before the 2012 or 2005 season started so there's no logic there.

What are you trying to do, give me a history lesson?