Main Menu

2014 ladder predictions

Started by quinny88, November 01, 2013, 04:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Quote from: Fantasygun on November 13, 2013, 02:39:53 PM
That's a good point Ringo, most people are probably aware of that. I know I don't expect much from Brisbane but it's not all to do with their list, mainly to do with the fact they have an incredibly tough fixture and a really hard first half, they only have one or two likely games to win and even then they still might not get those
Before our R10 bye, we could win these games:
R2: Geelong at the Gabba
R3: Suns at Metricon
R4: Port at Adelaide Oval
R5: Tigers at the Gabba
R6: Saints at Wellington
R8: Bombers at the Gabba

I would be disappointed if we didn't win at least 3

Ziplock

you'll beat tthe saints, and probs one more of those based purely on probability.

prepare to be disappointed :P

Mailman the 2nd

Yeah I'd think more likely than not brisbane won't win 3 of those unless Ash Mcgrath pulls a couple of tricks out again

strikes91

Could very easily beat all of them. Doubts over Geelong match though

SydneyRox

Quote from: strikes91 on November 13, 2013, 03:42:46 PM

Are you all the way through that carton already??

GoLions

Quote from: SydneyRox on November 13, 2013, 03:53:43 PM
Quote from: strikes91 on November 13, 2013, 03:42:46 PM

Are you all the way through that carton already??
Beat Cats last year
Suns match could go either way
Port could go either way
Tigers at Gabba is winnable
Should beat Saints
Beat Essendon at Etihad last year when they were top 2, and we were bottom 4 I believe. No reason why we can't do the same at the Gabba

Mailman the 2nd

Um probably says that if you have even two 50/50 matches (which is being very generous lol) then its unlikely you'll win all your games.

I doubt the word "easily" can be applied :P Its possible, as you said Brisbane beat Geelong and Essendon last year but try not to lose credibility by exaggerating

henry

I'd love to see a hawks vs swans granny, with Lake winning another norm smith after keeping buddy touchless  :P

GoLions

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on November 13, 2013, 04:23:29 PM
Um probably says that if you have even two 50/50 matches (which is being very generous lol) then its unlikely you'll win all your games.

I doubt the word "easily" can be applied :P Its possible, as you said Brisbane beat Geelong and Essendon last year but try not to lose credibility by exaggerating
I never said we'd win all of them, but we have the potential to beat all of them

I assume the 2nd part was aimed at strikes, cause I never said we'd easily win them

Mailman the 2nd

yeah it was sorry i assumed you replied to your own post my bad!

kilbluff1985

we are going to smash Brisbane this year we were way off our game when we played you this year

strikes91

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 13, 2013, 04:41:39 PM
we are going to smash Brisbane this year we were way off our game when we played you this year

aw yeah, of course. easy win for the lions up at the gabba

TeeJay

Why is everyone talking about Brisbane? Lol who cares they are irrelevant

SydneyRox

Quote from: henry on November 13, 2013, 04:25:12 PM
I'd love to see a hawks vs swans granny, with Lake winning another norm smith after keeping buddy touchless  :P

No sure the Hawks will make it next year....

Ringo

Quote from: GoLions16 on November 13, 2013, 02:48:39 PM
Quote from: Fantasygun on November 13, 2013, 02:39:53 PM
That's a good point Ringo, most people are probably aware of that. I know I don't expect much from Brisbane but it's not all to do with their list, mainly to do with the fact they have an incredibly tough fixture and a really hard first half, they only have one or two likely games to win and even then they still might not get those
Before our R10 bye, we could win these games:
R2: Geelong at the Gabba
R3: Suns at Metricon
R4: Port at Adelaide Oval
R5: Tigers at the Gabba
R6: Saints at Wellington
R8: Bombers at the Gabba

I would be disappointed if we didn't win at least 3
We are starting to turn the Gabba into a fortress again so hopefully will build on that this year. Playing Geelong in second round is preferable especially with Geelong trying to work out combinations with retirements and players delisted.
As You say Suns at Metricon is not a given now and can go either way.
So imo very winnable games are Geelong, Suns, Tigers (especially on Easter Thursday as our blockbuster game), and Saints. Bombers amy also be winnable depending on which bombers team turn up.