Main Menu

2014 ladder predictions

Started by quinny88, November 01, 2013, 04:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny

I was going to ask you about Easton Wood. You reckon he will make your 22 over JJ next year?

Sorry so many questions, haha. :P

Mat0369

Quote from: meow meow on November 05, 2013, 12:27:27 AM
We played most of the year without a tall target at FF. Enter Tom Campbell. In the last 6 weeks of the season we were the highest scoring team in the AFL. Add Crameri and Higgins to the mix and I'd say we have GC covered there.

Would you say guys like Bennell, Swallow, Prestia, Matera and Mckenzie are more developed than the #1 clearance player in the entire league - Tom Liberatore? How about Luke Dahlhaus? Mitch Wallis? We got these guys at the same time and our boys have shown just as much, if not more.

We don't need to play our 2nd and 1st year players if we don't want to, and we are not relying on the likes of Macrae, Hrovat and Stringer to provide us with the immediate improvement. If they can force their way in, great. It will be Wallis, Stevens, Jones, Campbell and Roughead that the real improvement comes from, and they are 3-5 years in. Our list is young, but our senior team isn't as young as people seem to think. If we play Higgins and Wood instead of Hrovat and JJ it will make a big difference.

You played with a key forward, it is just the two guys they had rotating through there before Campbell were not very good (Cordy and Jones). I still think Lynch and Dixon are a  more formidable duo and Dixon has the ability to develop into a really good KPF.

Plus when I say that GC should be ahead of the Dogs, remember to take into account their draft concessions and include some of the guys they were able to pick up before the draft. They were able to get their hands on a lot of the top end young talent in Australia, so they should be in front of the Dogs when you base it on that.

Also I wouldn't be bringing Higgins up. The guy barely plays. I would be surprised if he makes it to the bye week

Fantasygun

I actually predicted adelaide and eagles to miss the finals at the start of the year, no kidding
Not than anyone gives a flower

GoLions

Got bored and went through the fixture, came up with this:

1st - Fremantle
2nd - Sydney
3rd - Hawthorn
4th - North Melbourne
5th - Richmond
6th - Carlton
7th - Geelong
8th - Collingwood
9th - Essendon
10th - Adelaide
11th - Gold Coast
12th - West Coast
13th - Port Adelaide
14th - Brisbane
15th - Western Bulldogs
16th - St Kilda
17th - GWS
18th - Melbourne

Weird, as I would've had Sydney a lot lower had I just made a guess. Would've also had Pies a bit lower, Bombers higher, and Port higher. Brisbane are a massive wildcard, so many matches we could win or lose.

SydneyRox

How many wins for the top 4 Go?

GoLions

Quote from: SydneyRox on November 05, 2013, 03:27:24 PM
How many wins for the top 4 Go?
It's definitely not gonna happen, buuuuuut:
Freo 19
Sydney 18
Hawks 17
Roos 17

I really don't think this will actually happen, as you have upsets and all that, but eh.

I'm also assuming that North will actually finish off games...

SydneyRox

I am a little biased but besides that mine were similar

Swan 21
Hawks 19
North 18
Freo 18

PowerBug

To bring back the Richmond discussion, when I was going through the first part of their draw with a tigers supporter, my anti-Richmond self kicked in (The same one that was supporting Calrton at the MCG during the elim final :D) and saw a possibility of them going into their Rd 8 bye 0-7! Now it probably won't be that bad, but I don't think it'll be all smooth sailing though.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Nige

Quote from: PowerBug on November 05, 2013, 10:33:55 PM
To bring back the Richmond discussion, when I was going through the first part of their draw with a tigers supporter, my anti-Richmond self kicked in (The same one that was supporting Calrton at the MCG during the elim final :D) and saw a possibility of them going into their Rd 8 bye 0-7! Now it probably won't be that bad, but I don't think it'll be all smooth sailing though.

That possibility has a ridiculously tiny probability...

Mailman the 2nd

You think they'll go 0-7 against teams like Gold Coast WB, Brisbane and Carlton?

There's more chance of GWS going 7-0 in the first 7 rounds lol

Fantasygun

Richmond will be 4-3 or 5-2 after 7 I think.

I reckon they will beat carlton and collingwood, not Geelong, hawks possibly but doubt it and the bulldogs might have a thriller and get over the top.

Brisbane will be a pushover side, more so than stkilda and gws

GoLions

Quote from: Fantasygun on November 06, 2013, 01:25:13 PM
They beat us by like, 20 points last year, and we'll be a lot better this year. Do people think the loss of players will effect us immediately? Because it will have basically zero effect for 2-3 years. Also, we no longer have Voss as our coach. In no way am I saying we will win, but don't underestimate us. Geelong, Essendon, and North Melbourne all did that this year.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: GoLions16 on November 06, 2013, 02:27:35 PM
Quote from: Fantasygun on November 06, 2013, 01:25:13 PM
They beat us by like, 20 points last year, and we'll be a lot better this year. Do people think the loss of players will effect us immediately? Because it will have basically zero effect for 2-3 years. Also, we no longer have Voss as our coach. In no way am I saying we will win, but don't underestimate us. Geelong, Essendon, and North Melbourne all did that this year.

oh come on Essendon had other crap going on we played like crap that week nothing like our usual game plan anybody could have beaten us

Ricochet

I haven't gone through the fixture for all teams to do a ladder but I have a couple of predictions from the fixtures i have looked at.

- If Richmond don't make the top 4 it is a fail. i have them at 13-14 games that I think they should win. Some of the left overs are 50/50, so they'd only need to win a couple of those to get a top 4 birth.
- Essendon will be super strong next year, and North will step up also
- Pies and Port will drop away.
- Carlton will play finals again also, but this time they will make the 8 on their own.

quinny88

Quote from: PowerBug on November 05, 2013, 10:33:55 PM

Lol that I wouldn't make any visits to the TAB if that's what you came up with