Main Menu

2014 ladder predictions

Started by quinny88, November 01, 2013, 04:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny

quinny88

Quote from: vinny on November 04, 2013, 02:45:05 PM
How about Carlton?

I think we will beat Carlton. Think we're gonna be angry. Again that's really a 50/50 to though

Vinny

Haha I wouldn't jinx it, although I did ask :P

I am flowering annoyed we only play once and it's not even in the first damn round.

SydneyRox

You can make an argument for most things with stats

In 2012 when Richmond beat Sydney at the G, you also lost to Gold Coast and Freo twice. So the games in 2014 vs Freo should be wins for Freo? Does it mean you will lose to GC away?

I like the way Mailman has grouped the teams. In essence that's what I did and then went through the fixtures putting in wins and losses.

If you were in the bracket(s) below the team, you lost, above you won, same - home ground win. (few exceptions here based on gut)

Simplistic, but only way to have a realistic look. There will be plenty of upsets next year, Sydney have made a habit of losing a game they shouldnt each year, but in essence the teams will all finish in the groups together

Tier 1: Fremantle, Hawthorn, Sydney

Tier 2: Essendon, North Melbourne, Richmond, Geelong, Collingwood

Tier 3: Carlton, Port Adelaide, Gold Coast, West Coast

Tier 4: Adelaide, Brisbane, Western Bulldogs

Tier 5: GWS, Melbourne, Saints

quinny88

Quote from: SydneyRox on November 04, 2013, 02:51:11 PM
You can make an argument for most things with stats

In 2012 when Richmond beat Sydney at the G, you also lost to Gold Coast and Freo twice. So the games in 2014 vs Freo should be wins for Freo? Does it mean you will lose to GC away?

I like the way Mailman has grouped the teams. In essence that's what I did and then went through the fixtures putting in wins and losses.

If you were in the bracket(s) below the team, you lost, above you won, same - home ground win. (few exceptions here based on gut)

Simplistic, but only way to have a realistic look. There will be plenty of upsets next year, Sydney have made a habit of losing a game they shouldnt each year, but in essence the teams will all finish in the groups together

Tier 1: Fremantle, Hawthorn, Sydney

Tier 2: Essendon, North Melbourne, Richmond, Geelong, Collingwood

Tier 3: Carlton, Port Adelaide, Gold Coast, West Coast

Tier 4: Adelaide, Brisbane, Western Bulldogs

Tier 5: GWS, Melbourne, Saints

I understand. I just think the games you marked us for loses will be half wins half loses. It's an opinion thread though

Vinny

We lost to all of those teams in Tier 1 and Tier 2 by less that two goals except Sydney and Collingwood on our second meeting. Surely we are a force. Same as North pretty much.

kilbluff1985

People saying that West Coast and Adelaide are not as bad as people think

i don't think they are bad i just rate the other teams higher then them and think teams like Bulldogs and GC will move above them

But if Nic Nat is in form and stays fit they are a top 6 side

elephants

I will bet you $3000 that WCE will finish above the Bulldogs kb ;)

LF

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 04, 2013, 03:22:44 PM

i don't think they are bad i just rate the other teams higher then them and think teams like Bulldogs and GC will move above them

So based on this Nic Nat was the only player we were missing this season and if he stays fit we will make the 8 despite the fact we had several key players out injured this season.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: luvfooty on November 04, 2013, 03:29:27 PM

So based on this Nic Nat was the only player we were missing this season and if he stays fit we will make the 8 despite the fact we had several key players out injured this season.

was the most important one

LF

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 04, 2013, 03:30:33 PM
Quote from: luvfooty on November 04, 2013, 03:29:27 PM

was the most important one

Really because we were missing 2 of our best defenders for most of the season pretty sure that didn`t help us much.

kilbluff1985

having this debate with 2 Eagles supporters is pointless lol

elephants

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 04, 2013, 03:34:08 PM
having this debate with 2 Eagles supporters is pointless lol

Because you're wrong? Nic Nat alone was not the reason we didn't make the 8.

Hurn, Waters, Kerr, Shuey, Scooter, Wellingham, Schofield, Lecras...

I have missed some, need I go on though?

kilbluff1985

i just think Nic Nat is your most important player a much better side with him

elephants

He is defintely up there in terms of importance of course. He wasn't the sole reason we struggled last season though, injuries to a number of key players across the board hurt us.