Main Menu

2014 ladder predictions

Started by quinny88, November 01, 2013, 04:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

specky92

Surely GWS could of used a guy like Jamison?

Vinny

Quote from: specky92 on November 02, 2013, 02:48:31 PM
Not purely no, but I believe it's a decent indication, considering who's on the top and bottom, I don't really think Fremantle apply considering the way they play, have you seen them set up when they don't have the ball? The opposition waste so much time going sideways that's why it's so low scoring and therefore they don't rack up the possessions.

Surely Walker wouldn't get pushed off a back flank after being robbed of all Australian? Did I seriously just google him not making the all Australian team? Wow, he would of been one of my first selected players.

It's a good looking team but nearly every sides best 22 looks the goods, and there is a lot of injury prone players in this one. I guess we'll find out in 2014 and I might look like an idiot this time next year,  ;) :P

Haha either of us could like idiots mate. Hmm I know Walker has been great coming out of defence but he is so skilled and can also kick goals I can see him going forward. But obviously it's not exactly where they will play, couldn't really fit him elsewhere on paper. We shall see in 2014 ;)

KoopKicka

Quote from: NigeyS on November 02, 2013, 02:01:48 PM
Quote from: KoopKicka on November 02, 2013, 02:00:01 PM
Quote from: vinny on November 02, 2013, 01:52:19 PM
Quote from: KoopKicka on November 01, 2013, 10:16:43 PM
1. Fremantle
2. Sydney
3. Essendon
4. Hawthorn
5. North Melbourne
6. Geelong
7. Port
8. Richmond
9. Gold Coast
10. Collingwood
11. Carlton
12. West Coast
13. WB
14. GWS
15. Brisbane
16. Melbourne
17. Adelaide
18. Saints

GF = Sydney and Hawthorn

Premiers = Hawthorn

Brownlow = Scott Pendlebery

Coleman = Jeremy Cameron

Very very interesting there Koop! :o

@JRoo & @Mailman - Yeah fair enough, I reckon we will make a huge improvement next year to be honest. Watch out! ;)

How so vinny?
Giants at 14 for starters... Don't get me wrong, I think they'll improve... just not that much!  :o

Werent we saying that about GC this time last year?

@ Jroo

Adelaide - Absolutely garbage, Tex back wont help much at all, Vince leaving against his will has caused some unrest from what Ive heard, especially with his best mate and housemate none other than Tex Walker. Could just be my biased opinion, but a lot worse of a season this year than last IMO.
GWS - See above
Essendon - Physiological pressures aside, I think they will make the PF. They have shown us the last two years they can match it with the best of the best.

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 02, 2013, 02:39:22 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on November 02, 2013, 01:37:46 PM
Quote from: vinny on November 02, 2013, 01:35:04 PM
Hmm no one reckons Carlton will do well?

They're a top 6-8 contender, along with 6 other clubs and I think its likely Docherty and Thomas will push them over the line

they needed to recruit a key forward or two Docherty and Thomas wont help much

Fremantle barely had anyone this year and neither did the Swans in 2012.

Boyd should never have been an option for Carlton. The premiership window for them is now(which was supposed to be 2011-2015) and Boyd won't be of much use for those first 2-3 years.

People underrate Carlton a lot now mainly because they're always in a state of "high potential" with guys like Murphy and Gibbs.

Warnock + Kreuzer is a strong combo, especially when one goes up forward and Waite is pretty decent. Now that the overrated Betts is gone, Yarran and Garlett have a chance to really shine with Thomas attracting attention.

Now that Malthouse has got rid of almost all the useless players (almost :P) they'll be much better for it. They're on a similar level to Essendon, Richmond and North, although NM and Rich have more favorable draws

Nige

Carlton's draw is almost on par with Richmond's. Admittedly, we have it better.

specky92

Essendon 3rd I love it Koop! I think we could range anywhere from 3rd to 12th but most likely 4-7, Definitely think our midfield will step it up next year to join the top teams but forward line is still lacking, Hurley hold the key to success really

Vinny

Yes thank you Mailman! We are very underestimated after not leaving up to the hype. Give us time to settle in. We need Yarran and Garlett to bulk up abit and build a stronger tank too. Would be great if Kreuzer could turn into a forward ruck but it seems like it won't happen although he has shown a tiny bit. Haha is that almost at Bootsma?

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: vinny on November 02, 2013, 03:16:00 PM
Yes thank you Mailman! We are very underestimated after not leaving up to the hype. Give us time to settle in. We need Yarran and Garlett to bulk up abit and build a stronger tank too. Would be great if Kreuzer could turn into a forward ruck but it seems like it won't happen although he has shown a tiny bit. Haha is that almost at Bootsma?

hahaha nah I'm sure Bootsma can become decent in a few years :P

Carlton were certainly overhyped before as some of their players had expected to be megastars. They're still very elite tier but people become exaggerated when they're expectations aren't met.

Vinny

Hahaha needs to build a tank. Gonna take a hell of alot of building though, he looks like if he trips, all his bones will break.

Yeah we were overhyped wait until we get used to our gameplan.

Fantasygun

1. Hawthorn
2. Fremantle
3. Sydney
4. Geelong
5. Richmond
6. North Melbourne
7. Essendon
8. Port Adelaide

9. Collingwood
10.Westcoast
11.Goldcoast
12. Carlton
13. Western Bulldogs
14. Adelaide
15. StKilda
16. GWS
17. Melbourne
18. Brisbane

GF- Hawks v Swans

Brownlow - Joel Selwood or Steve Johnson if he doesn't cop some weeks :)

Coleman- Travis Cloke (Rouhead will cop more attention and JRoo is playing more CHF next year apparently)

This may be a controversial ladder especially if you go for carlton. collingwood or brisbane but for me that is realistically how it will end up.
No hate please. :P

Jroo

Quote from: Fantasygun on November 02, 2013, 04:25:35 PM
1. Hawthorn
2. Fremantle
3. Sydney
4. Geelong
5. Richmond
6. North Melbourne
7. Essendon
8. Port Adelaide

9. Collingwood
10.Westcoast
11.Goldcoast
12. Carlton
13. Western Bulldogs
14. Adelaide
15. StKilda
16. GWS
17. Melbourne
18. Brisbane

GF- Hawks v Swans

Coleman- Travis Cloke (Rouhead will cop more attention and JRoo is playing more CHF next year apparently)

This may be a controversial ladder especially if you go for carlton. collingwood or brisbane but for me that is realistically how it will end up.
Doesn't look too bad, but a bit harsh on Brisbane.
I agree with your Coleman choice, I was thinking Cloke myself but he can't kick straight. Hopefully my boy Jroo beats him  :P

Fantasygun

Quote from: JROO8 on November 02, 2013, 04:27:34 PM
1. Hawthorn
2. Fremantle
3. Sydney
4. Geelong
5. Richmond
6. North Melbourne
7. Essendon
8. Port Adelaide

9. Collingwood
10.Westcoast
11.Goldcoast
12. Carlton
13. Western Bulldogs
14. Adelaide
15. StKilda
16. GWS
17. Melbourne
18. Brisbane

GF- Hawks v Swans

I agree with your Coleman choice, I was thinking Cloke myself but he can't kick straight. Hopefully my boy Jroo beats him  :P
Yeah I don't think Bris are the worst atm, just, their draw looks horrible and they could lose some games they would normally win

quinny88

1. Hawthorn
2. Fremantle
3. Sydney
4. Geelong
5. Richmond
6. North Melbourne
7. Essendon
8. Port Adelaide

9. Collingwood
10.Westcoast
11.Goldcoast
12. Carlton
13. Western Bulldogs
14. Adelaide
15. StKilda
16. GWS
17. Melbourne
18. Brisbane

GF- Hawks v Swans

May need to rethink your Coleman choice roo.. Hard wick has said that jacks gonna play at chef and push further up the ground next year. I don't agree with it but that's what he said

Jroo

Quote from: quinny88 on November 02, 2013, 04:33:13 PM
1. Hawthorn
2. Fremantle
3. Sydney
4. Geelong
5. Richmond
6. North Melbourne
7. Essendon
8. Port Adelaide

9. Collingwood
10.Westcoast
11.Goldcoast
12. Carlton
13. Western Bulldogs
14. Adelaide
15. StKilda
16. GWS
17. Melbourne
18. Brisbane

GF- Hawks v Swans

May need to rethink your Coleman choice roo.. Hard wick has said that jacks gonna play at chef and push further up the ground next year. I don't agree with it but that's what he said
Yeah I heard, he's still going to kick goals though  :P
I don't necessarily believe it though, I think it would be better if he was just left to play at full forward and was a bit more "selfish".

Mr.Craig

1. Sydney
2. Fremantle
3. Hawthorn
4. Essendon
5. Geelong
6. Port Adelaide
7. Adelaide
8. North Melbourne
9. Collingwood
10. Richmond
11. Carlton