Main Menu

2014 ladder predictions

Started by quinny88, November 01, 2013, 04:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

specky92

Quote from: vinny on November 02, 2013, 01:35:04 PM
Hmm no one reckons Carlton will do well?
serious lack of midfield depth, Waite, Carrazzo and Judd would all have to play extremely well for them to be a chance next year IMO, Daisy will help if he can stay on the field. There seems to be a huge drop off after Judd  Gibbs and Murph in the guts  and I feel like your missing lads on the Mitch Robinson level. I feel like you need a positive now. Out the 5 youngest players on your list I highly rate 4 of them, Docherty, Temay, Menzel and Graham. I also rate Buckley and Bell so hopefully all of those lads can get some games this year.

Vinny

Quote from: KoopKicka on November 01, 2013, 10:16:43 PM
1. Fremantle
2. Sydney
3. Essendon
4. Hawthorn
5. North Melbourne
6. Geelong
7. Port
8. Richmond
9. Gold Coast
10. Collingwood
11. Carlton
12. West Coast
13. WB
14. GWS
15. Brisbane
16. Melbourne
17. Adelaide
18. Saints

GF = Sydney and Hawthorn

Premiers = Hawthorn

Brownlow = Scott Pendlebery

Coleman = Jeremy Cameron

Very very interesting there Koop! :o

@JRoo & @Mailman - Yeah fair enough, I reckon we will make a huge improvement next year to be honest. Watch out! ;)

Nige

1. Hawthorn
2. Freo
3. Sydney
4. Geelong
5. Richmond
6. North
7. Collingwood
8. Carlton
9. Port
10. Essendon
11. West Coast
12. Gold Coast
13. Adelaide
14. Bulldogs
15. Melbourne
16. Brisbane
17. St Kilda
18. Giants

That was harder than I expected. I think those top 7 are pretty close to locked in (not necessarily in that order though), and any of the teams from 8th to 12th could squeeze into that 8th position.

Grand Final: Hawthorn vs Sydney

Premiers: Hawthorn

Brownlow: Cotch.

Coleman: K-Tippz.

Vinny

Quote from: specky92 on November 02, 2013, 01:50:54 PM
serious lack of midfield depth, Waite, Carrazzo and Judd would all have to play extremely well for them to be a chance next year IMO, Daisy will help if he can stay on the field. There seems to be a huge drop off after Judd  Gibbs and Murph in the guts  and I feel like your missing lads on the Mitch Robinson level. I feel like you need a positive now. Out the 5 youngest players on your list I highly rate 4 of them, Docherty, Temay, Menzel and Graham. I also rate Buckley and Bell so hopefully all of those lads can get some games this year.

Hmmm interesting mate, I actually disagree and think we have pretty solid depth in the midfield.

Judd
Murphy
Carrazzo
Gibbs
Daisy
Graham
Bell
Robinson
Lucas
Curnow
Temay

KoopKicka

Quote from: vinny on November 02, 2013, 01:52:19 PM
1. Fremantle
2. Sydney
3. Essendon
4. Hawthorn
5. North Melbourne
6. Geelong
7. Port
8. Richmond
9. Gold Coast
10. Collingwood
11. Carlton
12. West Coast
13. WB
14. GWS
15. Brisbane
16. Melbourne
17. Adelaide
18. Saints

GF = Sydney and Hawthorn

Premiers = Hawthorn

Coleman = Jeremy Cameron

@JRoo & @Mailman - Yeah fair enough, I reckon we will make a huge improvement next year to be honest. Watch out! ;)

How so vinny?

Jroo

Quote from: KoopKicka on November 02, 2013, 02:00:01 PM
1. Fremantle
2. Sydney
3. Essendon
4. Hawthorn
5. North Melbourne
6. Geelong
7. Port
8. Richmond
9. Gold Coast
10. Collingwood
11. Carlton
12. West Coast
13. WB
14. GWS
15. Brisbane
16. Melbourne
17. Adelaide
18. Saints

GF = Sydney and Hawthorn

Premiers = Hawthorn

Coleman = Jeremy Cameron

How so vinny?
Adelaide at 17th  :o
GWS at 14th  :o
Essendon 3rd  :o
The rest looks good though and it is your own opinion, so I've got no problems with it.

Nige

Quote from: KoopKicka on November 02, 2013, 02:00:01 PM
1. Fremantle
2. Sydney
3. Essendon
4. Hawthorn
5. North Melbourne
6. Geelong
7. Port
8. Richmond
9. Gold Coast
10. Collingwood
11. Carlton
12. West Coast
13. WB
14. GWS
15. Brisbane
16. Melbourne
17. Adelaide
18. Saints

GF = Sydney and Hawthorn

Premiers = Hawthorn

Coleman = Jeremy Cameron

How so vinny?
Giants at 14 for starters... Don't get me wrong, I think they'll improve... just not that much!  :o

specky92

Can't help but notice Carlton are rated 16th in the comp for disposals per game

Considering the top 5 teams in the comp for this are Collingwood, Essendon, Geelong, Hawthorn and Sydney and the bottom 2 are GWS and Melbourne I'd say that's not a great stat if you want your midfield to sound good.  :-X

Vinny

Surely you cant judge our midfield based on that stat..Freo made the GF and are ranked 10th.

Carrazzo didn't play at all this year, Murphy has had injury issues all year and isn't starting to cop attention. Daisy is not in there and young blokes like Graham and Bell haven't played much either. The point is we don't have the greatest midfield but we saying we lack depth isn't fair. Once the boys settle to Micks game plan I think we can be a force. Bell will/should be in our 22 and I think spots in the 22 will be difficult to claim for players.

I see something like this: (I did this in like five minutes so excuse any stupid calls, haha.)

B: Tuohy - Jamison - Everitt
HB: Simpson - Watson - Docherty
C: Thomas - Judd - Gibbs
HF: Menzel - Henderson - Walker
F: Yarran - Waite - Garlett
R: Kruezer - Murphy - McLean
I/C : Carrazzo - Robinson - Bell - Scotland

E: Curnow - Lucas - Graham - Bell - McInnes - Armfield - Temay

Lots of blokes that deserve a spot but will find it hard to get one.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on November 02, 2013, 01:37:46 PM

They're a top 6-8 contender, along with 6 other clubs and I think its likely Docherty and Thomas will push them over the line

they needed to recruit a key forward or two Docherty and Thomas wont help much

Vinny

Yes we do need another key forward and we have no chance at a flag without one. Waite just isn't doing the job often enough.
But the thing is, there was no solid key forward on the market this period to get. May have to draft one like McCarthy but developing a young bloke obviously takes time.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: vinny on November 02, 2013, 02:42:11 PM
Yes we do need another key forward and we have no chance at a flag without one. Waite just isn't doing the job often enough.
But the thing is, there was no solid key forward on the market this period to get. May have to draft one like McCarthy but developing a young bloke obviously takes time.

Crameri, White and Gumby were on the market how useful they would be to you is another question also could have offered something for pick 1 to get Boyd 

specky92

Not purely no, but I believe it's a decent indication, considering who's on the top and bottom, I don't really think Fremantle apply considering the way they play, have you seen them set up when they don't have the ball? The opposition waste so much time going sideways that's why it's so low scoring and therefore they don't rack up the possessions.

Surely Walker wouldn't get pushed off a back flank after being robbed of all Australian? Did I seriously just google him not making the all Australian team? Wow, he would of been one of my first selected players.

It's a good looking team but nearly every sides best 22 looks the goods, and there is a lot of injury prone players in this one. I guess we'll find out in 2014 and I might look like an idiot this time next year,  ;) :P

Vinny

I don't think White and Gumby would be as useful for us although I do rate Crameri but he was always going to go to the Dogs or go nowhere. We would have had to give a fair bit to get Boyd..like Yarran + First rounder.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: vinny on November 02, 2013, 02:48:41 PM
I don't think White and Gumby would be as useful for us although I do rate Crameri but he was always going to go to the Dogs or go nowhere. We would have had to give a fair bit to get Boyd..like Yarran + First rounder.

Boyd >>>Yarran+1st rounder

especially considering team needs