Main Menu

2014 ladder predictions

Started by quinny88, November 01, 2013, 04:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

I don't wanna write off Collingwood yet but I think that Pert's predictions of three consecutive years of finals + a premiership in the next three years might be a bit of a stretch.

As I said though I agree with ele that not much can be decided after half a round of footy, too much can change plus teams have off weeks.

The_Captain

Quote from: elephants on March 17, 2014, 03:57:04 PM
Quote from: noto07 on March 17, 2014, 03:53:55 PM
Quote from: elephants on March 17, 2014, 03:48:20 PM
Quote from: noto07 on March 17, 2014, 03:39:25 PM
Quote from: elephants on March 17, 2014, 03:31:43 PM
Unfortunately we are predicting the ladder at seasons end. You'll find that if 1 week is a long time in footy, 22 weeks is a pretty damn long time.

Exactly.. ANd if your getting pumped in your own city by 70 points by an underdone freo side.. Then there is no chance you will be top 4.

There is hope but.. If 12 other sides get riddled with injury!

Underdone Freo side? You're underrating Freo perennially. Yes their nab was shower but Lyon's sides always chill through the nab then turn it on. And no biggie but the Pies were missing Ben Reid, structurally their most important player imo and Jesse White who would have made a massive difference assisting Cloke.

Do I think Freo deserved to win? Definitely. Do I think we can pass judgement on the Pies after one catastrophe in the first round of the season? No chance.

Its a marathon not a sprint.

No im not underrating them at all. Im saying there underdone in the way that they are a fair way of their best!

Pies are done Ele.. Predicted it before the season and after round 1 looks even worse... They have lost a fair bit now over 2 seasons player wise..

They've actually gone for a mini-rebuild. Trading guys like Heater and getting in blokes like Adams, Scharenburg and Freeman. I reckon they'll finish 7th-8th this year then start to steadily improve. Despite what most people think, they actually have a pretty young team.

This is what i see happening to Collingwood

For many years to come!

Ricochet

Freo are far from underdone. Sandi, Pav and co have completed full preseasons and we are only 1 off our best 22.
Ross Lyon teams' are typically the fittest in the comp due to the demands of his defensive game plan

shaker

Freo's performance the other night was scary for other clubs , to come out round 1 away from home and do that to the Pies who are far from being written off like some think is just a taste of how good this side could be this year

Dudge

Quote from: shaker on March 17, 2014, 07:58:50 PM
Freo's performance the other night was scary for other clubs , to come out round 1 away from home and do that to the Pies who are far from being written off like some think is just a taste of how good this side could be this year

Music to Valks ears

Mailman the 2nd

Toga

Haha yeah I did notice that, Gaz was giving him so much shower about it as well haha :P

Noz

QuoteJared Polec is the best recruit in the history of the game

Wait what his not?

Well ill be flowered.

Ziplock

What about like Gary Ablett Senior?

Not only was he a monster of a player for geelong, because of him geelong also got GAJ and hypothetically, have a shot at any of his kids too :P

SydneyRox

So many needing to take a breath posting on here... being the voice of reason is time consuming!! :)

The_Captain

Quote from: Ricochet on March 17, 2014, 05:02:25 PM
Freo are far from underdone. Sandi, Pav and co have completed full preseasons and we are only 1 off our best 22.
Ross Lyon teams' are typically the fittest in the comp due to the demands of his defensive game plan

So your sayiing they have peaked in round 1 and can't get any better.. Hmm okay  :o

GoLions

Quote from: noto07 on March 19, 2014, 05:14:50 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on March 17, 2014, 05:02:25 PM

So your sayiing they have peaked in round 1 and can't get any better.. Hmm okay  :o
How is he possibly saying that they have peaked?