Main Menu

2014 ladder predictions

Started by quinny88, November 01, 2013, 04:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Captain

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on March 14, 2014, 03:13:45 PM
You guys will all look so silly when Gold Coast makes the 8 and even if they don't, no one's going to bring this post up anyway

win/win

Will bring it back up when they dont make it. They are miles off. Next yr maybe..

Nige

Quote from: T Dog on March 14, 2014, 01:38:27 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on March 14, 2014, 01:32:17 PM
Quote from: noto07 on March 14, 2014, 01:28:02 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on March 14, 2014, 01:26:28 PM
If you can explain in detail how Richmond will finish in 10th, I'll be very impressed.

ahaha Nigey is outraged!!!

The tiges will go well this year. Finished 5th last year and have an easier draw this year. Will expect anywhere from 4-7 im thinking.

Anywhere for 3rd-6th is likely, personally predicting 5th again, but hoping for 4th.

Hey Nige..I think the new interchange rules will expose sides without strong quality mid depth this season. Its a pretty big change..so I am thinking that will be the key in how teams finish. Actually rate Adelaide for that reason. I probably dont know enough about the Tiges depth but I feel my top 8 selections are ahead at this stage.. 8)
Interesting, but I totally disagree.

So I'll guess we'll have to agree to disagree one this one.  :P

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: noto07 on March 14, 2014, 03:15:52 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on March 14, 2014, 03:13:45 PM
You guys will all look so silly when Gold Coast makes the 8 and even if they don't, no one's going to bring this post up anyway

win/win

Will bring it back up when they dont make it. They are miles off. Next yr maybe..

It really doesn't matter though as everyone has basically the same ladder with only about 3 teams people most people are genuinely on the fence about.

Go hard or go home  8)

Ringo

It is interesting that all ladder predictions have the Suns finishing above the Lions. I will be surprised if this is the case as both core players in the 22 are basically the same as last year despite the Brisbane cry babies going home.  Aish = Martin imo as additions and with the injury to Beams I am tipping Aish for the rising Star now. Coasts draw is a little more favourable than Brisbane though which may be the reason although they play Brisbane twice.

My Ladder Predictions as follows:

1. Hawthorn
2. Fremantle
3. Sydney
4. Geelong
5. Richmond
6. North Melbourne
7. West coast
8. Carlton
9. Essendon
10. Collingwood
11. Port Adelaide
12. Brisbane
13. Gold Coast
14. Adelaide
15. Bulldogs
16. Melbourne
17. St.kilda
18. Gws

At this early stage of the season I can see the top 3 being Freo, Hawks and Swans with Cats, Roos, and Tigers filling the next 3.  Then I see any of the next 8 teams capable of filling the final 2 positions. Not a lot of difference between each teams best so depends on which team turns up each week.

Grand Final: Freo v Sydney (Sorry Melbourne Fans) with Freo Premiers
Coleman: Cameron
Brownlow: Nathan Fyfe
Rising Star James Aish

Grazz

Pkbaldy

1.Fremantle
2.Sydney
3.Hawthorn
4.West Coast
5.North Melbourne
6.Geelong
7 Essendon
8.Collingwood
9.Richmond (Duhh)
10.Carlton
11.Gold Coast
12.Port Adelaide
13.Adelaide
14.Brisbane
15.Bulldogs
16.Melbourne
17.GWS
18. St Kilda

Grandfinal: Fremantle vs Sydney ( Freo will knock off Hawks to make Granny)

Winners: Fremantle

Brownlow: Rockliff and Fyfe draw (Can't pick between them)

Coleman: Travis Cloke ( Hate him...But I think he will get it this year)

NAB Rising Star : Luke Dunstan (Going to be a champion)

Ringo

Quote from: Grazz on March 15, 2014, 10:46:54 AM
Broke my heart Ringo.  :P
Sorry Grazz but as I said 8 teams fighting for 2 positions and had to put in some order - keeping my predictions of Brisbane finishing above Suns in perspective.  Would not surprise to see you finish higher and even above Port.

Dudge

Quote from: Ringo on March 15, 2014, 12:09:16 PM
Quote from: Grazz on March 15, 2014, 10:46:54 AM
Broke my heart Ringo.  :P
Sorry Grazz but as I said 8 teams fighting for 2 positions and had to put in some order - keeping my predictions of Brisbane finishing above Suns in perspective.  Would not surprise to see you finish higher and even above Port.

This time you broke my heart Ringo :)

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Ringo on March 15, 2014, 10:42:23 AM
It is interesting that all ladder predictions have the Suns finishing above the Lions. I will be surprised if this is the case as both core players in the 22 are basically the same as last year despite the Brisbane cry babies going home.  Aish = Martin imo as additions and with the injury to Beams I am tipping Aish for the rising Star now. Coasts draw is a little more favourable than Brisbane though which may be the reason although they play Brisbane twice.

My Ladder Predictions as follows:

1. Hawthorn
2. Fremantle
3. Sydney
4. Geelong
5. Richmond
6. North Melbourne
7. West coast
8. Carlton
9. Essendon
10. Collingwood
11. Port Adelaide
12. Brisbane
13. Gold Coast
14. Adelaide
15. Bulldogs
16. Melbourne
17. St.kilda
18. Gws

At this early stage of the season I can see the top 3 being Freo, Hawks and Swans with Cats, Roos, and Tigers filling the next 3.  Then I see any of the next 8 teams capable of filling the final 2 positions. Not a lot of difference between each teams best so depends on which team turns up each week.

Grand Final: Freo v Sydney (Sorry Melbourne Fans) with Freo Premiers
Brownlow: Nathan Fyfe
Rising Star James Aish

The reason people think GC will finish higher is because you do have the same lists. But heres the main factor.  GC has bucket loads more talent and potential then your team so way bigger scopes for improvement.

Jackross10

1. Fremantle
2. Hawthorn
3. Sydney
4. Geelong
5. Collingwood
6. North
7. West Coast
8. Cartlon
9. Richmond
10. Essendon
11. Adelaide
12. Gold Coast
13. Brissie
14. Port
15. Bulldogs
16. StKilda
17. GWS
18. Melbourne

GF. Sydney vs Freo
Premiers. Freo
NormSmith. JPK
Brownlow. Pendlebury
Coleman. JJK

thollo

Bloody tough to pick the middle tier correct but gotta put 'em in somewhere.

1: Fremantle
2: Hawthorn
3: Geelong
4: North Melbourne
5: Port Adelaide
6: Sydney
7: Collingwood
8: Adelaide
9: Richmond
10: Gold Coast
11: Essendon
12: West Coast
13: Carlton
14: Brisbane
15: Bulldogs
16: GWS
17: Melbourne
18: St Kilda

GF: Freo vs Hawthorn
Winners: Freo
Brownlow: Ablett, Fyfe, Rockliff

Really is tough to pick those last few spots but I expect the crows to show the killer instinct they had a few years back and Port will do well again. Collingwood beginning to slide back to the pack. My expectation is that the spots from 7th to 10th will be determined by percentage, and 14th no more than two games behind. Gonna be a good year of footy!

strikes91

I'm basing this off Half a week of football

1. Hawthorn
2. Fremantle
3. Sydney
4. Geelong
5. North
6. West Coast
7. Adelaide
8. Richmond

9. Essendon
10. Port
11. Collingwood
12. Suns
13. Dogs
14. Brisbane
15. Carlton
16.  GWS
17. Melbourne
18. St Kilda

TomK

Quote from: TomK on March 10, 2014, 08:26:10 PM
1. Hawthorn
2. Sydney
3. Fremantle
4. Geelong
5. Richmond
6. Adelaide
7. Collingwood
8. Essendon
9. North Melbourne
10. West Coast
11. Carlton
12. Gold Coast
13. Port Adelaide
14. Western Bulldogs
15. Melbourne
16. Brisbane
17. GWS
18. St Kilda

GF: Hawthorn vs Sydney

Premiers: Hawthorn

Brownlow: Ablett

Coleman: Cloke
How about Port to 7th and Collingwood to 13th  ;)

Noz

How is this for the current ladder
1. Freo
2. Port
3. Giants
4. Suns

15: Richmond
16: Sydney
17: Carlton
18: Collingwood

Mat0369

Quote from: Mat0369 on November 07, 2013, 08:06:35 PM

I am going to make a big call right now, Gold Coast beat Richmond round 1. If the Tigers struggled to play in Cairns, there is not much difference with an early season trip to the GC. If Dixon and Lynch are both fit they won't be relying on Hall and Brown as their KPF's and hopefully Rory Thompson doesn't get injured part way through the 3rd.