Main Menu

2014 ladder predictions

Started by quinny88, November 01, 2013, 04:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

SA v WA rivalry as hot as any

Maric aint that good, Lids won't be any better now! Cotchspud must lift, unlike Dangerman who does :P

Boak only gets better as does the Boss, this boy Wingard is a freak!!

Keep fearing underrating the Crows ;)

Here's a few at Port that will be better, yes I said will be not maybe! Ebert, HH, Boak, Gray, Trengove, Moore, Pittard,

Those underrating Boak, what ???  Port played well because a lot of young players had good coaching and fitness heading into the season, why would that suddenly stop? ???  I'm not a Port supporter :P 

It's all bias bs, we know nobody wants to see an Adelaide team dominate or even do well!! So you simply write us off, it's easier for you we get it! Good luck non South Australian teams ;)

Holz

we can revisit this when the finals beguin and there are 6 victoiran clubs in the top 8 with Sydney and Freo.

Ringo

I will be laughing when Brisbane beat North twice knocking them out of the 8. Brisbane will not make the eight btw because of the draw we have been handed. The only Team in lower half of the ladder that has 11 games of their 22 against last years Top 8 (12 if you count Essendon)

I reckon there will be a minimum of 3 Non Victorian teams in the 8 this year Sydney, Freo and Port.

Ziplock

if you found tbags post too long to read, what he says can be summarised pretty easily

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 21, 2013, 05:00:55 PM

It's all bias bs

quinny88

Yes tbag everybody is out to get SA. It's all we talk about here in Vic.. How much we just hate SA.
I hate to break it to you but no one cares.. No one talks about Adelaide because they are a mediocre side. Port overachieved. Even port supporters know they overachieved. That's not to say it was a fluke or that they can't do it again but it was still a season played out of their skin. Their best players played career best football and they got on a roll. It was largely aided by a soft draw though, no doubt.
North lost a bunch of games by a couple of kicks, the same as Richmond did in 2012 so it's only natural to think they would turn that around. Weather they were an SA side or anywhere in the country people would expect them to rise.

And as for your summary of Richmonds top players, Maric was a whisker away from All Australian in 2012 and had a slightly off year in 2013 suffering groin problems but still one of the top line Ruckman in the comp. oh but he doesn't play for Adelaide anymore so I guess he's useless now  ::)
Deledio is an elite player and in the prime of his career. Watch him go to a new level again in 2014;)
And Cotchin is a freak and you know you love him. Stacks of room for improvement in him still to.

Richmond aside though North are in a far better position to push for the top 4 than either of Adelaide or Port. Not bias just common sense. The bookies aren't bias, they make there predictions based on where the money's going and statistical judgments. They aren't trying to give away money remember

tbagrocks

Holz

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 21, 2013, 08:41:00 PM
Once again, just bias bs

Bookmakers sole goal is too make money there will be no bias there, it's simple numbers. They give the Adelaide teams high odds to entice bias people to bet on them.

tor01doc

Holz needs to bookmark this dialogue between him and the great tbag so when he's (Holz that is) proven right, tbag can apologize and eat some humble pie floater.

tbagrocks

Can't wait ;D  I'll still have the pie floater though!

Keep the bias bs coming ;)

quinny88

You better go put down a few grand on Adelaide and port to make the 8 then if the odds are such bias BS  ;)

JBs-Hawks

Well i am in no way a victorian tbag, havent been to Melbourne for any longer then a weekend so no victorian bias here.

Called it last year, said that Crows will slip as most teams do after a surprise breakout.

And this year my call is for Port to slip like Holz also predicts.

Also sorry Ringo but the reason that Brisbane arent making the 8 is not the draw. You dont have a top 8 list, Who out of Hawthorn, Freo, Sydney, Geelong, Collingwood, Carlton, Richmond, Essendon, Port, Crows, West Coast, North Melbourne are Brisbane a better football side then?

Bill Manspeaker

I think the bag is just having a laugh to be honest. think he likes to cause a ruckus :P

GoLions

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on December 21, 2013, 10:01:52 PM
Also sorry Ringo but the reason that Brisbane arent making the 8 is not the draw. You dont have a top 8 list, Who out of Hawthorn, Freo, Sydney, Geelong, Collingwood, Carlton, Richmond, Essendon, Port, Crows, West Coast, North Melbourne are Brisbane a better football side then?
Well we showed we can match it with Geelong who have arguably been one of the greatest teams of the modern era. And don't say that it was just luck or they didn't try or whatever. Because it happened in both games.
We also beat Essendon and North Melbourne of those teams. Lost by a whisker to Port, almost beat Eagles and Crows as well, but that was at the beginning of the year when we were playing like a bottom 4 side. At home we should be able to match it with Carlton, Richmond, and Collingwood as well.

I guess we'll see next year though. Please keep in mind that I have not said we will beat these teams, just that they should be really close matches (only at the gabba for some though).

Also tbag, just please stop.

GoLions

Oh, and I don't think we'll make top 10, probably around 12th/13th

Ringo

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on December 21, 2013, 10:01:52 PM
Well i am in no way a victorian tbag, havent been to Melbourne for any longer then a weekend so no victorian bias here.

Called it last year, said that Crows will slip as most teams do after a surprise breakout.

And this year my call is for Port to slip like Holz also predicts.

Luv the banter and just remember we were 2 kicks away from making the 8 this year and will have the same 22 with the added firepower as well.  The go home boys were only fringe players last year as well.

I firmly believe that teams that finished 6th - 12th last year (excluding Essendon) are reasonably evenly matched and they will be fighting for the final 3 positions in the 8 again this year. I highlighted the draw as being difficult for Brisbane as we play last years Top 4 in 6 games playing Geelong and Freemantle twice not an easy ask of a building team when compared to a team like Adelaide who have only 4 games against these sides. Just saying because of the draw it will be hard for brisbane to climb over some of these mid range teams.  For the record i think Brisbane will finish 10th or 11th.