2014 ladder predictions

Started by quinny88, November 01, 2013, 04:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

Fantasygun

Quote from: meow meow on December 18, 2013, 06:20:36 PM
North won't make finals.
Not sure if trolling or silly...
They should, around 5th they should finish.

kilbluff1985

i actually agree with meow depends on Swallow though

Ringo

North have been dealt a perceived friendly draw which may help them make the 8.  They only have 9 matches against last years top 8 but play Brisbane twice so that probably cancels out that advantage,  ;D ;D

meow meow

Quote from: Fantasygun on December 19, 2013, 09:42:10 AM
North won't make finals.

Why should they?
Because they made finals 2 years ago and got absolutely flogged, then missed the finals last year? They're going backwards!
Their captain will miss half the season. They're mentally soft chokers and are now without their leader.
Harvey, Wells and Petrie are another year older and odds are that at least one will drop off a little.
JZ is the only mid who looks capable of going to another level and there is limited improvement left in Cunners and Basti.
Thompson, Thomas and Goldy can't get any better.
Mullett and Black have a bit of talent but won't improve enough in one preseason to launch the team into 5th spot.
The inclusion of NDS doesn't even make up for the loss of Swallow, let alone improve their team.
Atley has gone backwards as a player.
Macmillan and Gibson are average and I doubt they're the guys who are going to push NM higher.

I know the NM supporters like to talk themselves up but I can't see why others are believing the propaganda.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: meow meow on December 19, 2013, 12:58:27 PM
Quote from: Fantasygun on December 19, 2013, 09:42:10 AM
North won't make finals.

Why should they?
Because they made finals 2 years ago and got absolutely flogged, then missed the finals last year? They're going backwards!
Their captain will miss half the season. They're mentally soft chokers and are now without their leader.
Harvey, Wells and Petrie are another year older and odds are that at least one will drop off a little.
JZ is the only mid who looks capable of going to another level and there is limited improvement left in Cunners and Basti.
Thompson, Thomas and Goldy can't get any better.
Mullett and Black have a bit of talent but won't improve enough in one preseason to launch the team into 5th spot.
The inclusion of NDS doesn't even make up for the loss of Swallow, let alone improve their team.
Atley has gone backwards as a player.
Macmillan and Gibson are average and I doubt they're the guys who are going to push NM higher.

I know the NM supporters like to talk themselves up but I can't see why others are believing the propaganda.
Don't forget Harper

Vinny

Holz hasnt seen this yet.

But my opinion, North will finish between 6-10. Similar position to Carlton IMO.

meow meow

Quote from: whatlez on December 19, 2013, 07:09:17 PM
Don't forget Harper

Oh shower, I did forget about him. The AFL may as well just hand over the cup right now. The inclusion of a guy who managed 3 possessions in a whole match (in his 3rd season) is going to do wonders for North. Look out.

The_Captain

North will play finals.. Fyi not a North supporter. Play a good brand of football and will be better at it next year !!

nrich102

If north make the finals it will be in 7th or 8th

tbagrocks

Funny to see North at odds of $13 for the Flag on our TAB while Crows $21, Geelong also way under @ $7.50, typical bias again with 6 of 8 favourites Victorian ::) (They call me bias :P ) (I'm just bridging the gap towards equality :P )

If the bookies rate North so highly, must be for a reason? That's above Richmond, Carlton and Essendon, also Port for anyone who cares :P

IMO the Bookies have the Roos about right, the real Dark horse seeing everyone has them no higher than seventh

Holz

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 21, 2013, 03:12:25 PM
Funny to see North at odds of $13 for the Flag on our TAB while Crows $21, Geelong also way under @ $7.50, typical bias again with 6 of 8 favourites Victorian ::) (They call me bias :P ) (I'm just bridging the gap towards equality :P )

If the bookies rate North so highly, must be for a reason? That's above Richmond, Carlton and Essendon, also Port for anyone who cares :P

IMO the Bookies have the Roos about right, the real Dark horse seeing everyone has them no higher than seventh

the reason why north is soo high is they could match it with the big clubs last year, they peformed like a top 4 club half the time. Young list and with additions of Mcdonald and NDS and not losing anyone good if they live up thier potential could easily be a top 4 squad.

dont have the experience to win the flag.

Tbag 7 of the top 10 last year were victorain teams. Port will slip so 6 of the top 8 seems very fair, I would put it 7 of the top 9 myslef.

saying that though, freo will win the flag.

Ziplock

tbagrocks

Quote from: Holzman on December 21, 2013, 04:10:59 PM

the reason why north is soo high is they could match it with the big clubs last year, they peformed like a top 4 club half the time. Young list and with additions of Mcdonald and NDS and not losing anyone good if they live up thier potential could easily be a top 4 squad.

Tbag 7 of the top 10 last year were victorain teams. Port will slip so 6 of the top 8 seems very fair, I would put it 7 of the top 9 myslef.

saying that though, freo will find a way to lose the flag.
If Port slip then so will Richmond, let the bias continue ;)

Port will slip ::)   based on? I suppose Adelaide won't make the four either? ??? Let the bias continue  :P

Holz

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 21, 2013, 04:40:30 PM
Quote from: Holzman on December 21, 2013, 04:10:59 PM

saying that though, freo will find a way to lose the flag.
If Port slip then so will Richmond, let the bias continue ;)

Port will slip ::)   based on? I suppose Adelaide won't make the four either? ??? Let the bias continue  :P

because they overplayed on thier abilities this year, Richmond did what everyone expected. PLus port were gifted a very easy draw.

Richmond also had guys like Maric, Cotchin, Lids play below their abilities. Wingard Hoff Boak had career best years, i see all 3 slipping abit this year.

I see richmond maintaing the same form but teams like north wil overtake them. Port will slip a little.

Adelaide shouldnt even be in talks for premership, they will struggle to even make finals.

Victorian bias coming from the WA guy interesting ;) im going to say its more anti vic bias ;)