2014 ladder predictions

Started by quinny88, November 01, 2013, 04:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

I am bringing this thread back up this time next season, just sayin :P

kilbluff1985

Quote from: elephants on November 07, 2013, 05:41:47 PM

One  of my pet hates having a go at people for leaving there opinions cause they get it wrong  ::)

elephants

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 07, 2013, 05:44:07 PM

One  of my pet hates having a go at people for leaving there opinions cause they get it wrong  ::)

::) I tried to warn everybody ;)

SydneyRox

Quote from: elephants on November 07, 2013, 05:47:16 PM

Cmon LE.

You havent even done one yet.... cant put others in the cross-hairs without doing it yourself....

elephants

Quote from: SydneyRox on November 07, 2013, 05:51:37 PM

Cmon LE.

You havent even done one yet.... cant put others in the cross-hairs without doing it yourself....

I'll cop soooo much shower for doing mine haha, no point ;)

I will happily admit I seriously underrated GC, Port and the Tigers last season while seriously overrating the Crows, Eagles and Blues ;) Happy?

SydneyRox

Quote from: elephants on November 07, 2013, 05:53:52 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on November 07, 2013, 05:51:37 PM

Cmon LE.

I'll cop soooo much shower for doing mine haha, no point ;)

I will happily admit I seriously underrated GC, Port and the Tigers last season while seriously overrating the Crows, Eagles and Blues ;) Happy?

Cmon.... put your balls on the line LE

kilbluff1985

Ele is chicken hahahaha

Makes chicken noises

SydneyRox

Mat0369

Quote from: nrich102 on November 07, 2013, 05:01:37 PM
Ball in cairns, thing of soap? You've clearly never been up here. It is not all that different to Brisbane, only like 75% humidity during winter, when the Suns played you. Enough lame excuses against playing at Cazalys.

I am going to make a big call right now, Gold Coast beat Richmond round 1. If the Tigers struggled to play in Cairns, there is not much difference with an early season trip to the GC. If Dixon and Lynch are both fit they won't be relying on Hall and Brown as their KPF's and hopefully Rory Thompson doesn't get injured part way through the 3rd.

I will say this again, it is way to early to be doing this. I am going to use Hawthorn as an example, most of us would have them top 4 right now, if Roughy does a knee the week before the start of the season I don't think many would be sticking to that. Adelaide last season losing Walker pretty much ended any chance they had of making the 8. Injuries will play a huge part in the way the season shapes out, the teams with the most depth generally make out well, the teams that don't generally get exposed.

I keep referring to the Swans when talking about injuries, but it is pretty damn impressive when you have Goodes, Reid, Jetta, Alex Johnson, Rhys Shaw, Mattner, Tom Mitchell, Rohan, LRT and Tippett missing large chunks or all of the season and you are still able to finish top 4.

quinny88

Quote from: Mat0369 on November 07, 2013, 08:06:35 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on November 07, 2013, 05:01:37 PM
Ball in cairns, thing of soap? You've clearly never been up here. It is not all that different to Brisbane, only like 75% humidity during winter, when the Suns played you. Enough lame excuses against playing at Cazalys.

I am going to make a big call right now, Gold Coast beat Richmond round 1. If the Tigers struggled to play in Cairns, there is not much difference with an early season trip to the GC. If Dixon and Lynch are both fit they won't be relying on Hall and Brown as their KPF's and hopefully Rory Thompson doesn't get injured part way through the 3rd.

I will say this again, it is way to early to be doing this. I am going to use Hawthorn as an example, most of us would have them top 4 right now, if Roughy does a knee the week before the start of the season I don't think many would be sticking to that. Adelaide last season losing Walker pretty much ended any chance they had of making the 8. Injuries will play a huge part in the way the season shapes out, the teams with the most depth generally make out well, the teams that don't generally get exposed.

I keep referring to the Swans when talking about injuries, but it is pretty damn impressive when you have Goodes, Reid, Jetta, Alex Johnson, Rhys Shaw, Mattner, Tom Mitchell, Rohan, LRT and Tippett missing large chunks or all of the season and you are still able to finish top 4.

Cairns is 1800 Kms north of the gold coast. Just a tad different up there. As soon as the sun sets it is a wet weather game.
The gold coast won't be near as bad.
The suns won't be any easy beats, they will be better again but people forget Richmond are a very young side and still on the improve as well. We will be better again in 2014 don't worry about that ;)

elephants

Haha fine cows I'll do my ladder tomorrow.

West Coast are top though ;)

elephants

And Mat my man, in case it wasn't ridiculously obvious, I was referring to one team in particular ;)

Mat0369

Quote from: elephants on November 08, 2013, 03:33:46 AM
And Mat my man, in case it wasn't ridiculously obvious, I was referring to one team in particular ;)

Yes I know. I just thought I wouldn't bring them up again

Ringo

Quote from: MTTY on November 07, 2013, 05:29:37 PM
1. Sydney
2. Essendon
3. Richmond
4. Fremantle

5. Hawthorn
6. North Melbourne
7. Collingwood
8. Geelong

9. Carlton
10. Port Adelaide
11. Gold Coast
12. Adelaide
13. Western Bulldogs
14. West Coast
15. Melbourne
16. Brisbane
17. St. Kilda
18. GWS

JUst keep writing off Brisbane at your peril.  JUst remember all players Brisbane lost were not regulars in their best 22, JUstin Clarke had edged Yeo out and Docherty was sub a fair bit.  Fair enough it will hurt when Merrett, Patful, Maguire and Adcock retire.  So keep underestimating us and while we may not make the eight will be surprised if we finish 16th. Would be disappointed if we did given the players we still have

Fantasygun

That's a good point Ringo, most people are probably aware of that. I know I don't expect much from Brisbane but it's not all to do with their list, mainly to do with the fact they have an incredibly tough fixture and a really hard first half, they only have one or two likely games to win and even then they still might not get those