Started by hawkers65, October 31, 2013, 02:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammy123

GoLions

Quote from: sammy123 on December 13, 2013, 07:32:30 PM
Where is GABLETT!!!!!!

Must have number 1
IMO Pendles>Ablett

And then Selwood being a fair bit cheaper could be better value, still undecided on that myself. However I may only be starting Pendles of those 3 depending on whether I can afford another or not with all the other players I want.

hawkers65

Quote from: GoLions16 on December 13, 2013, 07:35:53 PM
Quote from: sammy123 on December 13, 2013, 07:32:30 PM
Where is GABLETT!!!!!!

Must have number 1
IMO Pendles>Ablett

And then Selwood being a fair bit cheaper could be better value, still undecided on that myself. However I may only be starting Pendles of those 3 depending on whether I can afford another or not with all the other players I want.

Exactly what im thinking! Gablett hasn't featured in any of my drafts yet and doubt he ever will. Better value elsewhere, especially after the new rookies prices are out, need to find cash somewhere. Picking two players heading into possibly their prime over a more expensive, aging champion, is an easy choice for me.

hawkers65

What are everyone's thoughts on going Watson/J.Martin to Murphy/D.Thomas?

GoLions

Quote from: hawkers65 on December 14, 2013, 01:57:35 PM
What are everyone's thoughts on going Watson/J.Martin to Murphy/D.Thomas?
I would stick with Watson and Martin personally, although wait until ASADA have dealt out any punishments or whatever.

hawkers65

9th Draft: December 29th:

Gone for a slightly different team, with a few more value picks. I'm really warming to Murphy/Thomas at their prices and Seedsman as a big smoky. Would love some thoughts :) Can easily downgrade Laidler/Lennon to cheaper rookies and Seedy to Simo but like i said, i'm liking him atm.

Cheers

johnnytheboy1

Def: Very Solid Seedsman should take the position  Shaw had.So i would be looking at scores of 100.Thompson will be a high scorer because of his intercept marks.Sucling should take over from where Guerra left off.
Mids:Not sure whether sheed will get into the Eagles side early on considering all the midfielders they have
Rucks: Standard
Fwd: Need to see whether Ben Lennon is named in Round 1 before selecting him otherwise maybe Garlett maybe the next best as he will be there in Round 1 as Rioli will be out Suspended.

Overall may need to ugrade injury prone players such as Clark e.g Clark 7/10

hawkers65

10th Draft: First of the new year :)

Gone for a complete re-shuffle of my team and this is bar far one of my favourites. Feel comfortable as i have both Ablett and Martin for the first time, as not having them could be a huge downfall from the get go. With the news that H-Mac is back to full training is exciting and having the potential for both my 300k rucks to be premium scorers is exciting, but more realistically both could be used as high scoring stepping stones. Would love some thoughts on my team and any questions on any of my selections. Cheers Hawkers

johnnytheboy1

Compared to the 9th Draft your Baclkine in the tenth draft certainly has become stronger with the inclusion of Mitchell & Simpson
Mids: Ablett Replacing Selwood is not going to give you much of a gain as he is going to play up forward more than last year.The only advantage will be if he kicks quite a few goals while there.
Rucks Mcintosh will only be a bargain pick if he is fully fit.
Fwds: Is Shaw fantasy Relevant didn't play a game for Port last year, you should have left Ben Lennon in your team.

Overall a good team which has improved slightly from the previous draft.8/10

Vinny

HMac won't score premium if they are playing two ruck with Dawson Simpson which they will.

hawkers65

Quote from: johnnytheboy1 on January 09, 2014, 05:15:05 PM
Compared to the 9th Draft your Baclkine in the tenth draft certainly has become stronger with the inclusion of Mitchell & Simpson
Mids: Ablett Replacing Selwood is not going to give you much of a gain as he is going to play up forward more than last year.The only advantage will be if he kicks quite a few goals while there.
Rucks Mcintosh will only be a bargain pick if he is fully fit.
Fwds: Is Shaw fantasy Relevant didn't play a game for Port last year, you should have left Ben Lennon in your team.

Overall a good team which has improved slightly from the previous draft.8/10

Thanks Johnny,

Ablett over Selwood just feels better and i feel much more comfortable heading into round 1 without Selwood rather than Ablett who could explode. I doubt he'll spend anymore time then he usually would going fwd in 2014. Apart from the rotation restrictions, which will see him rest in the fwd line rather then being bench, resulting in more score ;) Obviously H-mac will only be in my team if fully fit. No point commenting on rookies yet but Shaw does look like getting early game time and comes cheaper than Lennon. Cheers for your input :)

hawkers65

Quote from: vinny on January 09, 2014, 05:31:17 PM
HMac won't score premium if they are playing two ruck with Dawson Simpson which they will.

Yeah, again will probably only pick him if fully fit and #1 ruck. But would they really play both H-mac and Simpson in the same team? Neither really show a great deal of versatility around the ground, so doubt both will be played together. And IMO H-Mac is the better player so gets the nod over Dawson. But yeah, we'll wait and see :)

Sabretooth Tigers

:) Just a suggestion, but how about swapping Pavlich and Nankervis to F Thurlow and T Bellchambers. With both Sandi and Hamish it might pay to have a back up rather than be forced to trade if something unforeseen happens. Personally I think Bellchambers will improve dramatically this year. I've got Lobbe and Sandi with TB forward and Thurlow on the ruck bench. If finances permit I would like to change Thurlow for Apeness but $3000 short. Possible that either of Sandi or Hmac could be rested for a week now and then, best of luck.    ;)

hawkers65

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on January 11, 2014, 12:40:17 PM
:) Just a suggestion, but how about swapping Pavlich and Nankervis to F Thurlow and T Bellchambers. With both Sandi and Hamish it might pay to have a back up rather than be forced to trade if something unforeseen happens. Personally I think Bellchambers will improve dramatically this year. I've got Lobbe and Sandi with TB forward and Thurlow on the ruck bench. If finances permit I would like to change Thurlow for Apeness but $3000 short. Possible that either of Sandi or Hmac could be rested for a week now and then, best of luck.    ;)

That is actually a solid option, will give it some serious thought! Even if i do not decide to go with both risky options, and just when i pick sandi. Cheers Sabretooth

hawkers65

ATM, trialing:
Nankervis and Franklin
to
Brown/Thurlow and Bellchambers

Also considering Thomas/Martin to Murphy/ <130 rookie