Hawkers- 2014 Team Progression Thread

Started by hawkers65, October 31, 2013, 02:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkers65

6th Draft: 7th of December: After Leaked positions

DEF: J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, K. Simpson, B. Waters, M. Suckling, L. McDonald (M. Fuller, D. Gardiner)
MID: S. Pendlebury, J. Selwood, R. Griffen, T. Rockliff, D. Beams, D. Tyson, C. Beams, J. Martin (L. Dunstan, J. O'Rourke)
RUC: T. Goldstein, N. Naitanui (L. McBean, T. Nankervis)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, A. Christensen, M. Pavlich, S. Higgins, L. Taylor, J. Hogan (S. Kersten, S. White)
CASH LEFT: 130kish

Made a few changes after the leaked positional changes with players like Danger, Thomas, Michie and Mitchell having changes. Got a bit extra cash now meaning i may be able to afford it, as long as SC dont follow the path of DT. This cash could also be used to upgrade rookies like Fuller/O'Rourke/White etc if needed. Thoughts?

Ringo

Yew Hawkers The concern I have if SC follow DT the price of both Hogan and Martin will be in the $200k not the $115k

GoLions

Wouldn't the salary cap be increased as well though? I thought DT increased their salary cap by $1mil?

hawkers65

Quote from: GoLions16 on December 07, 2013, 02:35:12 PM
Wouldn't the salary cap be increased as well though? I thought DT increased their salary cap by $1mil?

Yeah they went from 9.1ish to 10mil, so you would think if they where to increase the rookies in SC, they'd increase the salary too, although i'd still rather the 10mil cap and normal rookie prices, allows for more cash generation.

Dram team went up pretty much 10%, so i highly doubt SC will go to a 11mil cap, therefore the 10mil/normal rookies is a better outcome for us.

hawkers65

Quote from: Ringo on December 07, 2013, 02:31:58 PM
Yew Hawkers The concern I have if SC follow DT the price of both Hogan and Martin will be in the $200k not the $115k

They are great picks, dont get me wrong, but its not the end of the world, literally 100% of all serious coaches would've had both of these youngsters. Now, if they were to be 200k+ then it allows for far greater diversity as few will take them at that price and instead opt for one of the many other potential mid/fwd rooks, resulting in greater uniqueness. So which ever one you opt for, it is more likely to be less popular. Which is the same reason why Rocky, Cox, NicNat, Thomas, etc havn't received DPP, thats why i find Danger being a fwd being very strange...

hawkers65

7th Draft: 11th of December: First Bye Orientated team

DEF: J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, P. Hanley/Hibberd, B. Waters, M. Suckling, L. Mcdonald (D. Gardiner, J. Battersby)
MID: S. Pendlebury, J. Selwood, J. Watson, T. Rockliff, D. Beams, D. Tyson, D. Sheed, C. Beams (J. Martin, L. Dunstan)
RUC: T. Goldstein, N. Naitanui (Rookie, Rookies)
FWD: P. Dangerfied, J. Roughead, M. Pavlich, M. Clark, L. Taylor, J. Hogan (S. Kersten, S. White)

This is my real first attempt at a team where i have actually acknowledged the bye, although my actual bye structure doesn't look pretty, as i have 9 rookies from the round 10 bye which has lead to this lop-sided structure. On that note, i do have an even spread of 'keeper' players and their byes though (5 each):

Rnd 8: Pendlebury, Selwood, Beams, Goldstein and Dangerfield
Rnd 9: Mitchell, Waters, Suckling, Nic Nat and Roughy
Rnd 10: McVeigh, Hanley/Hibberd, Watson, Rocky and Pavlich

Pretty comfortable with this team, but won't be able to afford it if the rookie prices go up...

Thoughts on it everyone? Cheers

_wato

G'day mate,
Looks fantastic! Only fault I can see is the bye structure as you said, plenty of Round 10 players but not many Round 8 players which is extremely surprising. I like many of your selections and in the case of the defence I'd choose Hibberd for consistency although Hanley is supposed to be getting more midfield time, so who would know.
No Ablett may be a worry as many are arguing over Selwood as M2 now but I see no problem, so that all looks fine to me. Good rookie choices, no problem whatsoever. Rookie choices in the rucks are thin so I can see your plan of thought and that is to wait until Round 1, which is quite smart.

Not overly sold on Roughy, I think Dusty for an extra $17k is worth it, just not sure on his scoring potential as he is now subject to the number one defender week in, week out. It could go both ways but I think he may not score as much, as we've previously seen, but he's still a good pick. Clark at F4 is a gutsy choice but a good one, hopefully he's over his injury problems and get back to scoring 80-90 each week. Hopefully rookie prices don't increase so we don't get any trouble..

Good luck mate, looks good to me. Well done and all the best!

hawkers65

Quote from: _wato on December 11, 2013, 09:46:14 PM
G'day mate,
Looks fantastic! Only fault I can see is the bye structure as you said, plenty of Round 10 players but not many Round 8 players which is extremely surprising. I like many of your selections and in the case of the defence I'd choose Hibberd for consistency although Hanley is supposed to be getting more midfield time, so who would know.
No Ablett may be a worry as many are arguing over Selwood as M2 now but I see no problem, so that all looks fine to me. Good rookie choices, no problem whatsoever. Rookie choices in the rucks are thin so I can see your plan of thought and that is to wait until Round 1, which is quite smart.

Not overly sold on Roughy, I think Dusty for an extra $17k is worth it, just not sure on his scoring potential as he is now subject to the number one defender week in, week out. It could go both ways but I think he may not score as much, as we've previously seen, but he's still a good pick. Clark at F4 is a gutsy choice but a good one, hopefully he's over his injury problems and get back to scoring 80-90 each week. Hopefully rookie prices don't increase so we don't get any trouble..

Good luck mate, looks good to me. Well done and all the best!

Cheers man! Much appreciated!

Like i said, i will have got rid of most of the round 10 rookies by the byes, so the structure will even right out and shouldn't be a problem. Still very undecided on my back round 10 premium as Hibberd and Hanley are completely different players and undecided on whether i want consistency or massive scores. Not having Ablett isn't a wory for me as i believe Selwood will average higher then this yearr, where as Ablett will drop, which makes it a simple choice for me. Yeah, reason why i'm going to set and forget rucks is that there is flower all in the rookie side of things, might end up just going two cheap DPP's. Mainly went Roughy over Martin for the bye and hopefully Roughy can match him. After watching him for so long now, i'm pretty certain the #1 defender wont faze him with his 1 on 1 capabilities. I saw a stat and the amount of entries in which will look for Roughy was insanely low for a coleman medalist! Naturally, this will change and in doing so i believe he will 100-105+, which i think Martin will match, but as i said like Roughy's bye, plus just love him as a player and hate dusty :P Yeah upgraded a risky Higgins to a risky Clark :P Just don't like Higgins fitting into the doggies side, while Clark will play a huge part in Melbournes slight success. Again thanks heaps for your in depth analysis and good luck for you too next year!

Cheers Hawkers :)

hawkers65

Vinny

I like it alot bar Sandilands but seems like you don't have a choice there.

My team is similar but I've gone Watson > Daisy and instead of Sandi, Goldy for me.

hawkers65

Quote from: vinny on December 13, 2013, 03:51:36 PM
I like it alot bar Sandilands but seems like you don't have a choice there.

My team is similar but I've gone Watson > Daisy and instead of Sandi, Goldy for me.

Yeah can do that but would need to find a few more k. Prob could just go Lennon to someone else.

Oricle

Im interested in your spencer white pick. Is there anything behind it? From what I've seen he looks ready to play! Also wondering why there is no Sam Mitchell? Tactical (byes)?

hawkers65

Quote from: Oricle on December 13, 2013, 06:26:43 PM
Im interested in your spencer white pick. Is there anything behind it? From what I've seen he looks ready to play! Also wondering why there is no Sam Mitchell? Tactical (byes)?

Yeah IMO White will get plenty of early games this year and if he can prove himself early i expect him to play most games throughout the year. Can't afford Mitchell, but i like Thompson just as much and would be a 50/50 even if i had the coin. The reason why i believe its between these two is i believe Simpson will match him and is obviously far cheaper, and i think McVeigh will be the highest back averaging player next season.

roti

Quote from: Oricle on December 13, 2013, 06:26:43 PM

It's been rumoured that Reiwoldt will move up onto a wing so they can fast track the development of White and Lee

Oricle

ah ok. spencer white is looking like a pretty good pick then!