The Popedelio Mooseknuckles

Started by popedelio, October 29, 2013, 05:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popedelio

Popedelio Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by popedelio. Salary cap left: $344,600.

Jarrad McVeigh, Jimmy Bartel, Kade Simpson, David Swallow, Matt Suckling, Matt Scharenberg
Zac Jones, Jake Kolodjashnij

Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury, Michael Barlow, Marc Murphy, Andrew Gaff, Dominic Sheed, Matt Crouch, Jack Martin
Trent Dumont, Patrick Cripps

Shane Mumford, Nic Naitanui
Billy Longer, Rory Lobb

Travis Cloke, Jarryd Roughead, Lance Franklin, Dale Thomas, Ben Lennon, Jesse Hogan
Shane Kersten, Jay Kennedy-Harris

Notes:
Reason for having all the spare cash is due to the fact that usually the fanplanner is out by $350k. I'm keen on trying to find the next breakout young player, hence why on the selection on Swallow and Gaff. Swallow in my mind presents real value as a potential OOP player in defense (like Heppell). Obviously all rookies are just players I think should score well and play but during the pre season things will change. What you guys think?

Ricochet

10/10 just for the team name haha

Gaff is an interesting one. Do you think WCE will be able to release him from tags enough to make him fantasy viable?

popedelio

Quote from: Ricochet on October 29, 2013, 05:34:05 PM
10/10 just for the team name haha

Gaff is an interesting one. Do you think WCE will be able to release him from tags enough to make him fantasy viable?

That is the obvious question mark on him. At this stage I am only going by his general improvement and another pre season under his belt. I do believe Shuey will be the first player tagged most of the time. They may look to throw gaff in defense to rebound and to try free him up. He did play some clearance work last season, so if he packs on more weight so that he may compete better on ball, , which is why i expect more production from him in that area and potentially breaking the tag.

Jukes

As Rico said yeah Gaff is an interesting pick. Could really go either way. If he can get back up to his 2012 average of 86 that pick would probably be a win.

I reckon the prices are about accurate if not maybe a bit over. Last year the MN (MN x average = price) by m0nty was spot on and hadn't risen by much at 5150, this year he has it at about 5425 and I reckon that increase is probably a bit over but done by m0nty so people don't plan their team with to many stars compared to what they can really have, if that makes sense. I'd feel free to spend that extra money.

popedelio

Here is my new revised team for the price adjustments made today. Luckily I kept some money so not much need to change.

Popedelio Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by popedelio. Salary cap left: $4,100.

Luke Hodge, Pearce Hanley, Kade Simpson, David Swallow, Matt Suckling, Matt Scharenberg
Zak Jones, Jake Kolodjashnij

Scott Pendlebury, Joel Selwood, Marc Murphy, Dayne Beams, Andrew Gaff, Dominic Sheed, Luke Dunstan, Matt Crouch
Trent Dumont, Jack Martin

Shane Mumford, Nic Naitanui
Billy Longer, Rory Lobb

Jarryd Roughead, Lance Franklin, Matthew Pavlich, Paul Chapman, Dale Thomas, Ben Lennon
Viv Michie, Jesse Hogan

What you think?

Money

Like this team better, just for the fact that I personally think simply better picks have been made, especially like that backline.. good stuff

stew42

I reckon with the increase in rookie prices, it's a lot more viable to look at people other than this year's draftees. Instead of Scharenberg, how about Darley, Docherty or Howard? Instead of Sheed, zdunstan, Crouch, how about Morabito? Derickx for Lobb? Fasolo, Karnezis, Patton for Lennon?

popedelio

Quote from: stew42 on December 05, 2013, 10:47:35 PM
I reckon with the increase in rookie prices, it's a lot more viable to look at people other than this year's draftees. Instead of Scharenberg, how about Darley, Docherty or Howard? Instead of Sheed, zdunstan, Crouch, how about Morabito? Derickx for Lobb? Fasolo, Karnezis, Patton for Lennon?

I have the same thoughts, mainly the idea is just to have the position filled with what I want to spend. Thanks for the advice :)

Money

Quote from: stew42 on December 05, 2013, 10:47:35 PM

Will Morabito get a game? If so #sub #green #vest

stew42

Any reasoning behind that? And does that make him less viable than this year's rooks, who I reckon are just as likely to be vest candidates?

Money

Quote from: stew42 on December 06, 2013, 12:07:44 AM
Any reasoning behind that? And does that make him less viable than this year's rooks, who I reckon are just as likely to be vest candidates?

I just think a guy that hasn't played in a few years wouldn't come straight into a team and get full game time, but then again it's only a bench spot so not really a big deal