Jukes' Undecided Team Name 2013

Started by Jukes, October 29, 2013, 03:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Money

Are Hogan and MArtin still walk up locks now they might be priced at 260K?

Jukes

Quote from: Money on December 06, 2013, 08:37:55 PM
Are Hogan and MArtin still walk up locks now they might be priced at 260K?

If they were 360k I'd still lock them in.

Jukes

Too bad I'm a cheap-ass and don't want to cough up an extra 50k because all the basement-rooks are crap :X

New team anyway, first since all the price and positional shower went down.

TEAM NAME: da burrs
DEF: G. Birchall, R. Henderson, P. Seedsman, M. Suckling, S. Docherty, K. Kolodjashnij (M. Fuller, C. Howard)
MID: B. Stanton, T. Rockliff, J. Watson, T. Cotchin, D. Beams, J. Martin, J. Aish, C. Beams (L. McDonald, J. Polec)
RUC: B. McEvoy, B. Grundy (B. Longer, L. McBean)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, C. Wingard, L. Parker, L. Franklin, P. Chapman, M. Clark (J. Patton, N. Bock)
CASH LEFT: $9,900

Money

Very unique backline, I like it, could be labelled a genius if it works out, KK  ;D
6 Premos! That's not something you see everyday, Stanton and Rocky!
50/50 on the rucks, as much as Grundy will be the No.1 ruck at Collingwood I still don't like him
I love a good unique team but that forward line could be pushing it a little, Wingard as F1 and Parker F2... if they dont achieve their 90+ average from the word go you'll be quite behind the 8 ball with most going with Danger and Martin/Reiwoldt who are could go 100-105 from round 1

Ricochet

Quote from: Jukes on December 12, 2013, 05:05:28 PM
Too bad I'm a cheap-ass and don't want to cough up an extra 50k because all the basement-rooks are crap :X

New team anyway, first since all the price and positional shower went down.

TEAM NAME: da burrs
DEF: G. Birchall, R. Henderson, P. Seedsman, M. Suckling, S. Docherty, K. Kolodjashnij (M. Fuller, C. Howard)
MID: B. Stanton, T. Rockliff, J. Watson, T. Cotchin, D. Beams, M. Murphy, J. Aish, C. Beams (L. McDonald, J. Polec)
RUC: B. McEvoy, B. Grundy (B. Longer, L. McBean)
FWD: C. Wingard, L. Parker, L. Franklin, P. Chapman, D. Thomas, M. Clark (J. Patton, N. Bock)
CASH LEFT: $3,000
Daisy is a mid only man and like your Parker pick. Danger is a fwd/mid so definitely worth considering.
Don't mid your mids and backline.
Really don't rate Grundy as a starting R2 though.

Jukes

Quote from: Money on December 12, 2013, 05:13:08 PM
Very unique backline, I like it, could be labelled a genius if it works out, KK  ;D
6 Premos! That's not something you see everyday, Stanton and Rocky!
50/50 on the rucks, as much as Grundy will be the No.1 ruck at Collingwood I still don't like him
I love a good unique team but that forward line could be pushing it a little, Wingard as F1 and Parker F2... if they dont achieve their 90+ average from the word go you'll be quite behind the 8 ball with most going with Danger and Martin/Reiwoldt who are could go 100-105 from round 1

I didn't think it was that unique, was considering Jack Watts to make it more :P
Grundy is a beast, and even if he doesn't go boom I still have Longer.
I wish I could afford Danger and Dusty :/ don't know where I'd start cutting though.

Quote from: Ricochet on December 12, 2013, 05:17:35 PM
Daisy is a mid only man and like your Parker pick. Danger is a fwd/mid so definitely worth considering.
Don't mid your mids and backline.
Really don't rate Grundy as a starting R2 though.

I have a couple ways to move around Daisy not having DPP, pretty complicated though.

As I said before, Grundy is a beast and I'm happy w/ him at r2.

Spanner221

Thoughts on doing this? Pretty sure you will have the money for it:

Murphy to Daisy
Daisy to Markworth
Wingard to Danger
Chappy/Parker to Martain

Holz

jukes the issue i see you having is you want to end up with 6 of the top 8 backs, 8 of the top 10 mids 2 of the top 4 rucks and 6 of the top 8 forwards.

at the moment i see only about 5 guys who fit into that category and even with 2 trades a week you will struggle to get an elite squad out on the park.

some nice selections but too unique you dont have many of the big guns.

The_Captain

Daisy is mid only!

Jukes

Quote from: Spanner221 on December 12, 2013, 06:30:13 PM
Thoughts on doing this? Pretty sure you will have the money for it:

Murphy to Daisy
Daisy to Markworth
Wingard to Danger
Chappy/Parker to Martain

I've found/done something similar; in Jack Martin and Danger, out Murph and Daisy.

Quote from: Holzman on December 13, 2013, 10:53:18 AM
jukes the issue i see you having is you want to end up with 6 of the top 8 backs, 8 of the top 10 mids 2 of the top 4 rucks and 6 of the top 8 forwards.

at the moment i see only about 5 guys who fit into that category and even with 2 trades a week you will struggle to get an elite squad out on the park.

I see Birch, Hendo, Stants, Rocky, Watto, Cotch, Beams, Big Boy, Danger, Wingard, Parker, Buddy and Chappy as keepers. 13. Why would I pick lower-tier premos when I don't see them becoming keepers?

Quote from: noto07 on December 13, 2013, 12:18:16 PM
Daisy is mid only!

See above :P

Holz

Quote from: Jukes on December 13, 2013, 01:44:54 PM
Quote from: Holzman on December 13, 2013, 10:53:18 AM

I see Birch, Hendo, Stants, Rocky, Watto, Cotch, Beams, Big Boy, Danger, Wingard, Parker, Buddy and Chappy as keepers. 13. Why would I pick lower-tier premos when I don't see them becoming keepers?

would like to see your top 10 mids than.

because all your guys must improve rapidly as you have 1 of last years top 10.

you only have spots for 3 mids, so you can only have 3 out of Swan Pendles Ablett SJ Montagna, S.Selwood, J.Selwood etc..

that or we have a different idea of keepers.

last year for example David Mundy was not a keeper

Jukes

Mid premos are over 100; what you want as your team becomes all-premo, then on luxury trades to improve say a 103 average to a 107 average, etc. All my current mid premos I'll be happy to have at the end of the season.

Jukes

Updated team,

D: Birchall, Seedsman, Swallow, Suckling, Docherty, K. Kolodjashnij (J. Kolodjashnij, Fuller)
M: Stanton, Rockliff, Watson, Cotchin, Beams, Murphy, Aish, McDonald (O'Rourke, Dunstan)
R: McEvoy, Grundy (Wallace, Nankervis- just placeholders for now)
F: Cloke, Sylvia, Franklin, Chapman, Caddy, Clark (Garlett, Honeychurch)
Money Left: $1,600

Thoughts? Pretty similar to the last team I posted, just a load of rookie changes and a few premo changes.

Money

unique approach, like it!

the backs will be solid and will single handedly win you matches if all players match or exceed their potential, but if the worst happens and Birchall receives a tag (unlikely) or Seedsman doesn't break out (some may say also unlikely) you may have some trouble on your hands, not a fan of docherty....
Strong mid line up, not any real unique players really just lots of good premo picks, obviously no Swan or Ablett for you so not really surprising, once again another high risk high reward area IMO, if Murphy, Cotchin and Watson don't bump their averages back up to 105 or somewhat around their could result in more trouble
Good rucks, never been a fan of of grundy but at R2 should be fine, no longer? and wallace?
Strong once again, even though no Dangerfield or Martin the ability your players have to break out can make up for those 2, even though you're not a fan surely you should have one of Bock or Rohan at their price?

Ricochet

Sylvia is still on a modified program atm mate. Should be fine by round 1 but just so you know