Jukes' Undecided Team Name 2013

Started by Jukes, October 29, 2013, 03:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Captain

Quote from: Jukes on October 29, 2013, 03:48:43 PM
Firstly, in this thread I will post my teams throughout the pre-season and season, updating every so often.
Secondly, the "famous" Jukes feedback and analysis thread will return in a couple of months. If you missed it, I had a thread last pre-season where a lot of people posted their teams and I reviewed it, until it all got too much for me to do. 15 pages last time was a solid effort, and I'm hoping to get more than that this season.
Thirdly, still thinking of a team name.

Anyway, my first team is below. Pretty rough but I'm happy with it. Thoughts?

Date: October 29th 2013
TEAM NAME: undecided
DEF: D. Heppell, K. Simpson, P. Seedsman, T. Greene, M. Suckling, S. Docherty (M. Scharenberg, Z. Jones)
MID: B. Stanton, J. Watson, T. Cotchin, M. Murphy, D. Beams, P. Chapman, C. Beams, M. Crouch (D. Garlett, J. Martin)
RUC: M. Lobbe, N. Naitanui (L. McBean, R. Lobb)
FWD: T. Rockliff, C. Wingard, L. Franklin, D. Thomas, V. Michie, J. Hogan (B. Lennon, T. Varcoe)
CASH LEFT: $35,300

Date: November 24th 2013
TEAM NAME: still undecided
DEF: D. Heppell, G. Birchall, R. Henderson, P. Seedsman, M. Suckling, S. Docherty (M. Scharenberg, J. Kolodjashnij)
MID: B. Stanton, J. Watson, T. Cotchin, M. Murphy, D. Beams, P. Chapman, J. Aish, M. Crouch (D. Garlett, J. Martin)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, N. Naitanui (L. McBean, T. Nankervis)
FWD: T. Rockliff, C. Wingard, L. Franklin, D. Thomas, V. Michie, J. Hogan (B. Lennon, D. Menzel)
CASH LEFT: $15,700

dont know why you have selected these 4 spuds. Each of their averages will drop on 2013s

Jukes

Quote from: Memphistopheles on November 26, 2013, 02:15:54 PM
Quote from: Jukes on November 26, 2013, 01:23:45 PM
I'm definitely not sold on any of the rookies this season being a solid selection on the field, no real Giles' or Smith's available. Grundy gets his 20% discount and, with a pre-season under his belt, should become the pies' number one ruck. Longer yeah at a new club where he'll be the first ruck will dominate.

Cheers Rico.

I thought Hickey is more likely to be the #1 ruck. Or most likely he will share duties with Longer. Also worth seeing if Jolly arrives at the Saints. If he does next season might see one of Longer or Hickey not playing consistently.

Either way I think you're better going for a rookie instead of him.

I'll just leave him in there until it becomes apparant in the pre-season what the saints' ruck strategy will be.

Ricochet

With NicNat now in the fwd line, how about a ruckline of Premo, Premo (Rookie R, Rookie R/F)
Means NicNat covers both lines and you get premo scores at R2 compared to average scores from Grundy/Longer.

Jukes

Quote from: Ricochet on November 26, 2013, 05:56:52 PM
With NicNat now in the fwd line, how about a ruckline of Premo, Premo (Rookie R, Rookie R/F)
Means NicNat covers both lines and you get premo scores at R2 compared to average scores from Grundy/Longer.

Where would I get the cash for that though?

Ricochet

Quote from: Jukes on November 26, 2013, 06:06:33 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on November 26, 2013, 05:56:52 PM

Where would I get the cash for that though?
Grundy ---> Lobb = + $200k
Longer ---> $434k > Mumford, McEvoy, Maric, Pyke, etc.

Jukes

I've done a few things and I'm happy with where the team is at now.

TEAM NAME: nope, still nothing.
DEF: K. Simpson, G. Birchall, R. Henderson, P. Seedsman, M. Suckling, S. Docherty (M. Scharenberg, Z. Jones)
MID: B. Stanton, J. Watson, T. Cotchin, M. Murphy, D. Beams, B. Ellis, J. Aish, M. Crouch (J. Martin, L. Dunstan)
RUC: B. McEvoy, B. Grundy (L. McBean, T. Nankervis)
FWD: T. Rockliff, L. Franklin, N. Naitanui, P. Chapman, D. Thomas, V. Michie (B. Lennon, J. Hogan)
CASH LEFT: $17,300

Essentially,
IN
Simpson, Jones, Ellis, Dunstan, McEvoy, Grundy
OUT
Heppell, Kolodjashnij, Garlett, Leuenberger, Wingard, Menzel

Levis43

Money

Would think its a bit of a risky backline and No J.Hogan on field, something is wrong

Jukes

Quote from: Money on November 28, 2013, 01:04:04 AM
Would think its a bit of a risky backline and No J.Hogan on field, something is wrong

I just copy pasted the team, I swear!

Hoges and JMart will take their rightful places over Crouch and Michie.

Money

Quote from: Jukes on November 28, 2013, 01:06:46 AM
Quote from: Money on November 28, 2013, 01:04:04 AM

I just copy pasted the team, I swear!

Hoges and JMart will take their rightful places over Crouch and Michie.

Ahhhh it all makes sense now  ;)

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: Jukes on November 27, 2013, 10:34:57 PM
I've done a few things and I'm happy with where the team is at now.

TEAM NAME: nope, still nothing.
DEF: K. Simpson, G. Birchall, R. Henderson, P. Seedsman, M. Suckling, S. Docherty (M. Scharenberg, Z. Jones)
MID: B. Stanton, J. Watson, T. Cotchin, M. Murphy, D. Beams, B. Ellis, J. Aish, M. Crouch (J. Martin, L. Dunstan)
RUC: B. McEvoy, B. Grundy (L. McBean, T. Nankervis)
FWD: T. Rockliff, L. Franklin, N. Naitanui, P. Chapman, D. Thomas, V. Michie (B. Lennon, J. Hogan)
CASH LEFT: $17,300

Essentially,
IN
Simpson, Jones, Ellis, Dunstan, McEvoy, Grundy
OUT
Heppell, Kolodjashnij, Garlett, Leuenberger, Wingard, Menzel
Wont give a rating out of 10 but I'll share my thoughts. What I find most striking about this team is the inclusion of Ellis in the midfield, I see him as a Stanton 2.0 a very strong mark who can rack up uncontested possies with ease and inflict some huge scores. However there is the associated risk in picking him which I know you will be aware of see as it is only his third season and his inconsistent scoring. Another point is the ruck which I think will be a very difficult situation for many coaches, our boy Grundy could be the answer, but I have no clue if he can hold the ruck mantle and score well regularly in just his second season.

Jukes

I'm very happy with Ellis in there. He averaged 98 in 2013 if you exclude his sub-affected matches. Huge for a second year player, third year breakout 100+ could be on the cards. Unless Hardwick has been doing crack he'll not be green vested ever again, and I see a minimum average of 90, which means a 60k price rise, maybe even up to 105. Who knows that's the fun.

Again I'm happy with Grundy at this stage. Rucks learn every season and, assuming he'll be the number one and Bucks hasn't been joining in on it with Hardwick and go with old man Hudson or Witts, he should increase his average on top of the 20% discount he's receiving.

Ricochet

What do you see Grundy averaging man? I still hate that pick lol. The rest I like

Jukes

Quote from: Ricochet on November 28, 2013, 10:29:41 AM
What do you see Grundy averaging man? I still hate that pick lol. The rest I like

85ish hopefully. That'd give him a price rise of about 150k.

Ricochet

Ah ok. I think 85 is a too bigger ask for the kid but yeh fair enough