Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

Couldn't afford Goddard back there :/ he's flowering expensive

Kellogscrunchynut

Jukes

Vinny

stew42

Quote from: Jukes on October 29, 2013, 03:48:43 PM
Firstly, in this thread I will post my teams throughout the pre-season and season, updating every so often.
Secondly, the "famous" Jukes feedback and analysis thread will return in a couple of months. If you missed it, I had a thread last pre-season where a lot of people posted their teams and I reviewed it, until it all got too much for me to do. 15 pages last time was a solid effort, and I'm hoping to get more than that this season.
Thirdly, still thinking of a team name.

Anyway, my first team is below. Pretty rough but I'm happy with it. Thoughts?

DATE: October 29th 2013
TEAM NAME: undecided
DEF: D. Heppell, K. Simpson, P. Seedsman, T. Greene, M. Suckling, S. Docherty (M. Scharenberg, Z. Jones)
MID: B. Stanton, J. Watson, T. Cotchin, M. Murphy, D. Beams, P. Chapman, C. Beams, M. Crouch (D. Garlett, J. Martin)
RUC: M. Lobbe, N. Naitanui (L. McBean, R. Lobb)
FWD: T. Rockliff, C. Wingard, L. Franklin, D. Thomas, V. Michie, J. Hogan (B. Lennon, T. Varcoe)
CASH LEFT: $35,300
I'll give a rating, but at this point it will be 90% based on bias :P
Defenders: Heppell will be mid only, and I'm not sure Greene will get def. Like the Simpson and Seedsman picks, should both get you 80ish. Suckling's a no-brainer, and Docherty will do well if he gets game time

Mids: Stants, hmmmmm, alright. Watson big tick. Cotch gets a tick, but not quite as big a one as Watson. I just don't think he'll get back to 2012 form given the improvement from the rest of the team. Murphy tick, but only if he's underpriced. Beams is much the same. Chapman would be good if he got consistent games, which I'm not sure he'll get. Beams tick, and I like what you've done with the rooks

Rucks: Lobbe will be a good unique option. I think NicNat is a tad overrated, but WCE have a good start, so now is the best time to try him. McBean has a definite chance of getting games next year too :)

Fwds: Rockliff big tick if he keeps DPP. I approve of the rest of your line except that Varcoe will not be rookie priced. At his average, he should be priced closer to $300k.

Overall: Good first thoughts. Take a list of who would be the first to go if when you go over the cap.

Jukes

Quote from: stew42 on November 10, 2013, 04:26:56 PM
I'll give a rating, but at this point it will be 90% based on bias :P
Defenders: Heppell will be mid only, and I'm not sure Greene will get def. Like the Simpson and Seedsman picks, should both get you 80ish. Suckling's a no-brainer, and Docherty will do well if he gets game time

I'm just working with what I have @Heppell and Greene. If they're not back-eligible will probably trade them to Ricky Henderson and Birchall or something. Would love Heppell to stay a back for worlds.
Simpson averaged 85 in 2013 and he had a shower season :P hoping for 90+, while Seedsy I'd expect about the same, maybe more- rate him very highly.

Mids: Stants, hmmmmm, alright. Watson big tick. Cotch gets a tick, but not quite as big a one as Watson. I just don't think he'll get back to 2012 form given the improvement from the rest of the team. Murphy tick, but only if he's underpriced. Beams is much the same. Chapman would be good if he got consistent games, which I'm not sure he'll get. Beams tick, and I like what you've done with the rooks

Stants biggest tick in the world more like!
Cotch very underpriced for his potential. Even if he makes back half of the difference between his 2012 and 2013 averages I'm happy.
I'm confident Chappy will be in our best 21, and I'm quietly confident he can go 100+

Fwds: Rockliff big tick if he keeps DPP. I approve of the rest of your line except that Varcoe will not be rookie priced. At his average, he should be priced closer to $300k.

Varcoe probably just a placeholder over other blokes because he has experience, if he's even 1k over what he is now he's out :P

Overall: Good first thoughts. Take a list of who would be the first to go if when you go over the cap.

I'm confident m0nty's MN is about if not maybe even higher than what will happen. He was almost bang on last season. If I need some fast cash will probably downgrade Wingard to somebody like Patton, Fasolo, Karnezis, Burbury etc

Cheers stew :)

Bill Manspeaker

obviously a looong way to go but that looks a very solid start Jukesy. no doubt you'll change it around a lot before the season starts. one thing your team needs though is... Ablett!

ha, gotcha :P

Jukes

Made a few changes to the team post-draft; full team listed in the OP, below are the changes. Mostly just sideways trades, nothing major structurally.

IN
Birchall, Henderson, J. Kolodjashnij (the bad Kolo), Aish, Leuenberger, Nankervis, Menzel

OUT
Simpson, Greene, Z. Jones, C. Beams, Lobbe, Lobb, Varcoe

Also announcing that my rating teams thread will be up soon, maybe even tonight :O

Money

Love the Henderson pick, easy start and has potential to go bang (again), had him but went to Waters for $$$ instead

Jukes

Quote from: Money on November 24, 2013, 09:56:53 PM
Love the Henderson pick, easy start and has potential to go bang (again), had him but went to Waters for $$$ instead

Waters will be good in the 10 games he plays ;)

Money

Quote from: Jukes on November 25, 2013, 12:05:31 AM
Quote from: Money on November 24, 2013, 09:56:53 PM

Waters will be good in the 10 games he plays ;)

Hopefully including rounds 1-3 ;)

Jukes

Contemplating these changes, what do you all think?

IN
Liberatore, Grundy, Longer

OUT
Menzel, Leuenberger, Wingard

(Chappy and NicNat now in forward line)

Ricochet

Libba... quality in.
Grundy... not sold man. Going into his second year and isn't really cheap enough to be a cash cow or pump out premo scores to keep most the year.
Longer... Similar to Grundy but a lot cheaper so should make you some decent cash.

I'd turn one of these midprice ruckmen into a rookie and spend the cash elsewhere mate.

Jukes

I'm definitely not sold on any of the rookies this season being a solid selection on the field, no real Giles' or Smith's available. Grundy gets his 20% discount and, with a pre-season under his belt, should become the pies' number one ruck. Longer yeah at a new club where he'll be the first ruck will dominate.

Cheers Rico.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Jukes on November 26, 2013, 01:23:45 PM
I'm definitely not sold on any of the rookies this season being a solid selection on the field, no real Giles' or Smith's available. Grundy gets his 20% discount and, with a pre-season under his belt, should become the pies' number one ruck. Longer yeah at a new club where he'll be the first ruck will dominate.

Cheers Rico.

I thought Hickey is more likely to be the #1 ruck. Or most likely he will share duties with Longer. Also worth seeing if Jolly arrives at the Saints. If he does next season might see one of Longer or Hickey not playing consistently.

Either way I think you're better going for a rookie instead of him.