2014 AF Rico's Boys v1.0

Started by Ricochet, October 29, 2013, 11:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Ok thought I might keep a record of my team this year and track the changes.

DT Teams
v1.0 October
v2.0 March

Ricochet

Notes:
- Obviously rooks will become more obvious early in the new year. Especially for rookie Rucks
- Not 100% on Bock's progress. Could drop down to a rookie for more cash
- Sandi needs to be fit through preseason
- Real focus on under priced premo's
- A lot of injury prone players in this team  :-\

Anything else thats glaringly obvious, let me know :)

Salary cap left: $4,000.

Bryce Gibbs, Kade Simpson, Jack Grimes, Beau Waters, Matt Suckling, Nathan Bock
Matt Scharenberg, James Battersby

Gary Ablett jnr, Brent Stanton, Jobe Watson, Trent Cotchin, Marc Murphy, Dayne Beams, Claye Beams, Matt Crouch
Jack Martin, Shane Nelson

Shane Mumford, Aaron Sandilands
Liam McBean, Rory Lobb

Tom Rockliff, Colin Sylvia, Mitch Robinson, Dale Thomas, Chris Knights, Viv Michie
Jesse Hogan, Mitch Thorp

Jukes

Quote from: Ricochet on October 29, 2013, 11:47:41 AM
Gary Ablett jnr, Brent Stanton, Jobe Watson, Trent Cotchin, Marc Murphy, Dayne Beams, Claye Beams, Matt Crouch

Can't tell if good team or bad team ;)

Ricochet

Quote from: Jukes on October 29, 2013, 12:51:56 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 29, 2013, 11:47:41 AM

Can't tell if good team or bad team ;)
Haha thought of you as i picked them both

Mr.Craig

I personally wouldn't touch Bock with a ten foot pole. A 30 year old coming off serious injury who has played 6 games in 2 years and is still under investigation by ASADA? No thank you!

As you noted there are indeed a lot of injury prone players in that team. You could call then the Crutches Brigade! :P A bit of risk minimisation here and there is probably required. ;)

Ricochet

Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 29, 2013, 01:19:06 PM
I personally wouldn't touch Bock with a ten foot pole. A 30 year old coming off serious injury who has played 6 games in 2 years and is still under investigation by ASADA? No thank you!

As you noted there are indeed a lot of injury prone players in that team. You could call then the Crutches Brigade! :P A bit of risk minimisation here and there is probably required. ;)
Yeh I'd probably drop him down to a rookie for more $$ when rookies become more obvious
Haha thanks mate

SydneyRox

I know that my current team has Sandi as well, but I thrown in a Ruc/Fwd (Nic Nat ATM) for some cover. Since you already have McSexy, seems like a plan?

LF

I know this is your first draft and I like the team overall but
Mitch Robbo might not be a good pick.
He seemed to be out of favour with Mick this year and tended to play a role that didn't suit DT.
It was a relief when I traded him out this year.
And I agree with MrC about Bock.

Ricochet

@SR yeh the rookie rucks worry me a bit but can sort out later. NicNat is an option

@LF I'm gonna back Robbo in. Carlton in general were unsettled this year, and it affected Robbo but he finished off the year pretty strongly with 88ave over the his last 6 games.

nrich102

Bock is a big No No from me. All the things Mr C said, and the fact he's a key forward.

popedelio

Waters and Bock is a no for me. Both still under injury clouds before the start of pre-season, keep an eye on them because you may need to get rid of them. The other selections are good :)

Ricochet

Yeh Bock will most likely go down to a rookie and free up cash. Will have to wait and see on that one

elephants

No NicNat? No DT :P Try again mate ;)

Ricochet

elephants

Quote from: Ricochet on October 29, 2013, 05:37:46 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 29, 2013, 05:35:33 PM
No NicNat? No DT :P Try again mate ;)
Clarke will be better  :o

\

Dah, Dah, Dah, Daaaaah, Dah, Dah, Dah... :P