2014 SC Rico's Boys v1.0

Started by Ricochet, October 29, 2013, 11:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: Jayman on January 30, 2014, 02:24:27 PM
Like your team! Not sold on Kade Simpson, might want to just have a look over his scores from 2013... Had some very low games, was quite inconsistent. Really like Savage as a unique though :)

Not sold on Chappy at that price, dont think Essendon will really use him that much and more save him as an X-factor for finals... Thats just a feeling I've got. Better options around that price like Gunston or Pav :D
Thanks mate. I think Simpson's inconsistency was due to Carlton not being settled and Mick trying many different things. I think this year they will be quite strong and Simpson should be back to his best.

I was tossing up between Pav and Chappy but I just really like the Chappy pick. Hasn't put a foot wrong all preseason for reports at the Bombers so hopefully he can get back to his best.

Ricochet

Quote from: johnnytheboy1 on January 30, 2014, 02:31:46 PM
Def: The Only player i am concerned about here is Laidler will he get games early on and who can he replace from that Swans defence. I know Mattner has retired but who else has left.Plus Johnson will be coming back from injury.
Yeh he can easily go up to McDonald or down to another rookie. Just a place holder at this stage

Ricochet

Jed Lamb at 244k averaged 67 unsubbed meaning he is 120k under priced.

On my watchlist if guys like Clark and Higgins don't make round 1

Others at that price range are Fasolo and Rohan

Ricochet

Consider Carrazzo.

Priced at 365 and a 66ave. Went 76 unsubbed and has gone 96 (2012) and 92 (2011) in the past seasons.

Only concern is him not playing more than 16 games in a season since 2010.

He would need to average 85 to make 100k

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Ricochet on February 04, 2014, 01:09:19 PM

Lamby is a big consideration for me. New club too, might step it up a bit. I reckon he'll average 70-75 which should be a good enough cash cow for now.

Ricochet

Quote from: Pkbaldy on February 07, 2014, 01:09:27 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on February 04, 2014, 01:09:19 PM

Lamby is a big consideration for me. New club too, might step it up a bit. I reckon he'll average 70-75 which should be a good enough cash cow for now.
If he can get 70-75 he'll push 150k+

Doggoneit

Took you a while to check this guy Rico!!

check my post from Dec 15th in this thread

Ricochet

Quote from: Doggoneit on February 18, 2014, 09:12:16 PM
Took you a while to check this guy Rico!!

check my post from Dec 15th in this thread
Haha it did mate! Good pick up there, I definitely like him now

Doggoneit

yeah I think he is real interesting

was just starting to break into a top 4 side full of premium mids - coming from swans regime I expect him to be harder/fitter than his young GWS teammates - JS should be very good

already has upside as he should avoid vests this year plus has plenty of natural improvement

need to check through NAB - will they use him through the midfield?

Ricochet

From what I've seen in the media, they will use him fwd but that doesn't put me off him at all now

Ricochet

Starting to get more and more comfortable with this team.

Notes:
- Hurn in for Henderson as he is injured.
- Defender rookies have been fixed. Not 100% that McDonald can escape the vest but can maybe look to loophole one of the rookies.
- Rocky to Cotchin simply because Cotchin has a much much easier draw and is 20k cheaper.
- Savage has come out to make the most of these rookies. Michie and Polec have come in. Need to also consider Tyson.
- Cox has come in for NicNat to cover myself if NicNat is a late out. If NicNat plays I will simply downgrade to him before the start of the game.
- Max King is there for loophole purposes.
- Wright has come in for Chappy. I still have concerns with Wright and if he can shake the tagging role but if he can he has huuuge upside.
- Lamb has come in for Fasolo because he has better JS and rookies have been fixed.

And From Last Time:
- Trying to also focus on a couple of dpp links with Rocky in Mids and NicNat up fwd (McBean in rucks).Going to have to look into this with rookies
- Trying to load at the back end of the byes with premos and value/rookie players and then trade for R8 premo's during bye period. Obviously some rookies won't play right up to and through byes but think Sheed, Martin, Dunstan, Hogan, Michie, Tyson can.Again, need to look into this through NAB
- Still waiting on progress updates on Bock
- Real focus on under priced premo's
- Also considering:
     Josh Caddy. Priced at 60 with all his vest games. Went 75 unsubbed meaning he should be about 410k (currently 325k). Screams of breakout as well. Brought in
     Longer at 279k instead of Sandi if he isn't ready round 1.
     Hurley at 375k is priced at 69. Went 78 unsubbed and has produced 85 before.
     TWalker when he gets up and going. Only 299k.
     Karny at 229k. Pies went after him and said he could be an elite midfielder. Will wait and see where he plays first.
     Bock at 196k. Job Security the main reason here. Can also produce premo numbers.
     Darley at 282k and Docherty at 285k. New clubs meaning job security and Darley is an absolute ball magnet. Not confident with D6 so want to find some extra cash for either.
     Hurn is priced at 472k and 87. Went 95 unsubbed and has been premo before. Strongly considering instead on Hanley. Especially considering WCE early draw

Ricochet

Also strongly consider Liam Shiels if Langford is named round 1. Langford should take over his tagging duties.
Shiels at 331k is too cheap to pass up if he isn't tagging.

Ricochet

Ok completely flipping on my thoughts about ruckman after seeing Goldy's scores against his opening draw.

ESS 124
Bullies 156
Port 132
Syd 110
Collingwood 121,120
Freo 104
GC 117

123 ave.

Vinny

Seems like you are getting no advice yourself and just giving advice, haha.

Come on guys ;)

It's not like you need it anyway but..

Nice team man.

Some interesting picks in there. - Obviously you are going for value.

Suprised you are still backing in Jack Martin over Tyson.

Wright at F3? Too risky IMO - If he tags which he probably will, you are in trouble.

Cotchin over Pendles different but you have said your reasons so fair enough.

I feel like Cotchin needs to kick 20+ goals like 2012 to go big but haven't looked into.

As I was writing this, I figured that the team isn't completely up to date.

If you want post your new one and I'll rate it man.