2014 SC Rico's Boys v1.0

Started by Ricochet, October 29, 2013, 11:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: GCSkiwi on January 17, 2014, 04:37:45 PM
Fair enough re: Murphy, I had thought about how Daisy might affect the situation but in all honesty I read your stats totally differently - even not including those two injury games he averages 98 vs taggers. 6 scores under 100, 5 scores over 100.That's not enough for a midfield premo. You're basically banking that the introduction of Daisy will add at least 10 points to his average, I don't share that optimism.

Re: Birchall I think he's a great pick, I would grab him in a heartbeat except that I've got Mitchell and Suckling, don't want to have 3 Hawks defenders. And I'm still seriously considering swapping Mitchell for Birch, the only thing being that Mitchell is a bit of a riddis, very consistent, so I don't know that his price will drop too much.
Yeh but thats a 100ave against decent taggers. What about the games he doesn't get a solid tag. And their are other reasons which I touch on above.
Anyways thats just my opinion on him anyway. Cheers for the feedback mate

Oricle

hey mate, if you're looking for a replacement for waters I would go Jack Grimes. You know what you are going to get from him! I'm also considering Henderson, the only thing I don't like is that Brent Reilly plays a similar role and could steal points whereas grimes doesnt really have much competition down at Melbourne :)

Anthonyyyy

those stats have made me consider murphy but then I would think as though I would need Beams as well

johnnytheboy1

As For the replacement for Waters  you should either go for Grimes or Hurn you could look at upgrading to Mcveigh or Michell
Def: Birchall is an interesting pick here will score well as long as he can shrug off the forward tag.apart from that good defence
Mids: I would move Caddy to the forward line and get a rookie Here as you have spent too much here.But if you like him here that is your choice.
Rucks: Seems to be ok.
Fwds: If you are willing to risk going for players Karnezis go for i would Lennon in there instead.

Overall Nice unique team should score well  give it an 8/10

eaglesman

rico your team has made me consider the underpriced trio of beams murphy and thomas all in the one team
it does open up your team to vastly improve it in other areas

if i told you by selecting this trio it allowed me to have a forward line of;

dangerfield, martin, gunston, zorko, darling and bock ... what would be your opinion of it?

note my defence is mcveigh mitchell thompson grimes suckling kadekolo

Ricochet

Yeh I like the value of those 3 mate.

First of all thats a very solid backline. A lot of cash being spent there. If you need to free some up, consider Simpson.

Love your Darling pick. Have been trying to fit him in somewhere. He has a very easy draw to start off and destroys weak teams.

I'm a bit wary of Zorko though. He had a great first year where he played through the middle but last year we saw him play a small fwd role and saw him did it so well. His pressure was the best in the league and he is too good at that role for it to change. Unfortunately that role isn't good for fantasy scoring. Unless he can break into the midfield of Rocky, Redden, Rich and Moloney I would be staying away. Consider Pav or Chappy maybe. Danger and Martin are solid picks and Gunston should improve again.

I like it mate. Keep an eye on Bock though. Consider Fasolo, MClarke, Higgins, Karnezis around that same price range.

Ricochet

For Reference to consider Rohan

Quote from: Ricochet on January 20, 2014, 10:23:09 AM
http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2014-01-19/rohan-in-the-running

SYDNEY Swans great Jude Bolton believes Gary Rohan will emerge and stamp himself as one of the most exciting players in the AFL in 2014.

"Gary's a phenomenal talent. It was great to see him exposed to footy again last year. He's been around for a while, but he's really matured as a player," Bolton said.

Ricochet

NicNat might have to be replaced by Ryder

Quote from: Ricochet on January 21, 2014, 02:07:40 PM
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-01-21/bellchambers-to-miss-three-months

Essendon ruckman Tom Bellchambers will undergo surgery on his injured ankle, sidelining him for at least three months.

colmullet

yeah Ryder might be an option now for sure

Ricochet

Also adding Savage to the watchlist.

- Priced at a 63ave but went 83 unsubbed
- That equals 100-110k underpriced.
- GWS and Melbourne to start the year also.
- Only concern is performing in a weaker side

Bones Bombers

Quote from: Ricochet on January 29, 2014, 04:25:03 PM

Savage should have heaps of opportunity, and lots more time on ground. Something he didn't have at the Hawks.

hawkers65

Quote from: Bones Bombers on January 29, 2014, 09:51:13 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on January 29, 2014, 04:25:03 PM

Savage should have heaps of opportunity, and lots more time on ground. Something he didn't have at the Hawks.

Even though we got McEvoy out of it, i was so shattered to see Savage leave. So underrated and relished when he finally was given opportunity only to be subbed or chucked back in the 2's the very next week. I think he'll really standup next year and even average between 85-95 at the saints.

Ricochet

Notes:
- Caddy into the fwd line for Clark and Savage brought in. Both are underpriced by 100k and roughly 20pts due to vests and both should improve.
- Waters to Henderson because of his injury. Henderson dominated after moving to halfback averaging 105 after moving there after the bye. He needs to show he will play the same role through NAB Challenge though. If not I'll look at Grimes, DSwallow, etc.
- CBeams to Sheed to free up some cash. Also McDonald to Laidler for the same reason. Both are still expensive rookies so gives me a bit more flexibility should cheaper rookies pop up.
- Karny is struggling with injury atm so he will be changed to someone like Fasolo, Rohan, Clark, whoever is fit round 1.

And From Last Time:
- Trying to also focus on a couple of dpp links with Rocky in Mids and NicNat up fwd (McBean in rucks).Going to have to look into this with rookies
- Trying to load at the back end of the byes with premos and value/rookie players and then trade for R8 premo's during bye period. Obviously some rookies won't play right up to and through byes but think Sheed, Martin, Dunstan, Hogan, Michie, Tyson can.Again, need to look into this through NAB
- Still waiting on progress updates on Bock
- Sandi, Bock, Waters, Chappy, all risky and need to be fit through preseason
- Real focus on under priced premo's
- Also considering:
     Josh Caddy. Priced at 60 with all his vest games. Went 75 unsubbed meaning he should be about 410k (currently 325k). Screams of breakout as well. Brought in
     Longer at 279k instead of Sandi if he isn't ready round 1.
     Hurley at 375k is priced at 69. Went 78 unsubbed and has produced 85 before.
     TWalker when he gets up and going. Only 299k.
     Karny at 229k. Pies went after him and said he could be an elite midfielder. Will wait and see where he plays first.
     Bock at 196k. Job Security the main reason here. Can also produce premo numbers.
     Darley at 282k and Docherty at 285k. New clubs meaning job security and Darley is an absolute ball magnet. Not confident with D6 so want to find some extra cash for either.
     Hurn is priced at 472k and 87. Went 95 unsubbed and has been premo before. Strongly considering instead on Hanley. Especially considering WCE early draw

Jay

Like your team! Not sold on Kade Simpson, might want to just have a look over his scores from 2013... Had some very low games, was quite inconsistent. Really like Savage as a unique though :)

Not sold on Chappy at that price, dont think Essendon will really use him that much and more save him as an X-factor for finals... Thats just a feeling I've got. Better options around that price like Gunston or Pav :D

johnnytheboy1

Def: The Only player i am concerned about here is Laidler will he get games early on and who can he replace from that Swans defence. I know Mattner has retired but who else has left.Plus Johnson will be coming back from injury.
Mids: Savage is a good unique  pick solid midfield here
Rucks:  Standard here but both are risks.
Fwds: Not Keen on Chapman prefer Dusty or Gunston. Caddy is an excellent choice at F4.

I think this team will do well it has a few uniques give it an 8.5/10

I noticed today when going into Supercoach that people can't use more than one email so that means you can only enter into 5 private leagues and a facebook and twitter league of which i don't have an account.