2014 SC Rico's Boys v1.0

Started by Ricochet, October 29, 2013, 11:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny

What makes you say that Rico? Asking cause your amazing statistics and explanations normally convince me. :P

Ricochet

Haha just take my word on this one

Vinny

Haha that wasn't very convincing :p

Ricochet

Quote from: Bones Bombers on December 13, 2013, 11:51:43 PM
Am I missing something? I see Martin at mid 6.
Actually yeh... Holz what you talking about??

Ricochet

OK a few changes. Looking at the byes now

Notes:
- McVeigh to Simpson +60k. Simpson is underpriced for what he can achieve. His finish to the year was very strong. Expecting Blues to have a more settled game plan and all Blues to bounce back.
- Pavlich to Chappy -27k. Chappy can produce 95-100+ easily. Only need him to do that for the first half of the season to rise in price. If he beaks down then ship him off, if he doesn't break down I have a keeper.
- Darley to McDonald +100k. McDonald (or the best available rookie). Not to sure on rookies down back so leaving 180k at D6 to cover my ass.
- Sheed to Daisy -174k. Daisy at 341k is too good to pass up.

- Also considering:
     Josh Caddy. Priced at 60 with all his vest games. Went 75 unsubbed meaning he should be about 410k (currently 325k). Screams of breakout as well.
     Longer at 279k instead of Sandi if he isn't ready round 1.
     Hurley at 375k is priced at 69. Went 78 unsubbed and has produced 85 before.
     TWalker when he gets up and going. Only 299k.
     Karny at 229k. Pies went after him and said he could be an elite midfielder. Will wait and see where he plays first.
     Bock at 196k. Job Security the main reason here. Can also produce premo numbers.
     Darley at 282k and Docherty at 285k. New clubs meaning job security and Darley is an absolute ball magnet. Not confident with D6 so want to find some extra cash for either.
     Hurn is priced at 472k and 87. Went 95 unsubbed and has been premo before. Strongly considering instead on Hanley. Especially considering WCE early draw

And From Last Time:
- Trying to also focus on a couple of dpp links with Rocky in Mids and NicNat up fwd (McBean in rucks). Need to re-look at this
- Trying to load at the back end of the byes with premos and value/rookie players and then trade for R8 premo's during bye period. Obviously some rookies won't play right up to and through byes but think Sheed, Martin, Dunstan, Hogan, Michie, Tyson can.
- Still waiting on progress updates on Bock
- Sandi, Bock, Waters, Chappy, all risky and need to be fit through preseason
- Real focus on under priced premo's
- A lot of underpriced premos and value in rookies in the midfield.

Updated in Fan Planner to see byes:

Round 8
Round 9
Round 10

Salary cap left: $19,000.

Pearce Hanley, Kade Simpson, Grant Birchall, Beau Waters, Matt Suckling, Luke McDonald
Matthew Fuller, James Battersby

Gary Ablett jnr, Tom Rockliff, Trent Cotchin, Marc Murphy, Dayne Beams, Dale Thomas, Jack Martin, Claye Beams
Luke Dunstan, Matt Crouch

Nic Naitanui, Aaron Sandilands
Rory Lobb, Toby Nankervis

Patrick Dangerfield, Lance Franklin, Paul Chapman, Mitchell Clark, Shaun Higgins, Shane Kersten
Dayle Garlett, Sam Lloyd

Ricochet

Also adding Tyson and Michie to players to watch

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on December 14, 2013, 11:48:49 AM
Quote from: Bones Bombers on December 13, 2013, 11:51:43 PM
Am I missing something? I see Martin at mid 6.
Actually yeh... Holz what you talking about??

must have just looked wrong.

not used to seeing teams in that format, after using fanplanner too much.

Cotchin Murphy i just dont like but i know your a fan.

Ricochet

Murphy I'm 100% sold on. Cotchin not so
In fact I'm now thinking Cocthin to mid pricer to upgrade F6 or D6. Reckon a mid pricer in the mids would ave more than D6 or F6.
There's just so much value in the mids

shaker

Quote from: Ricochet on December 13, 2013, 11:59:03 PM
Gonna post this here for reference... Martin is better than Jaeger

Have to agree saw some footage of him playing last year this guy is a freak even Ablett said he could not believe how good he is.

Ricochet

He is mate, he is an absolute gun. And he is learning from the best

Ricochet

Have changed my team way too many times in the past 3 days, but new ideas keeping flowing in.
My #1 rule this year was to capitalise on underpriced players,
a) if they're pricing severely is sub affected so it is obvious they are a 10-15pt or 100k+ better player then that screams value.
b) they are coming of injuries and discounts.

These are the reasons for picking Birchall, Suckling, Waters, Murphy, DBeams, CBeams, DThomas, NIcNat, Sandi, Chappy, Buddy, Higgins, Clark, Karny, Ellis and now Caddy.

Notes:
- Cotchin to Caddy. Caddy brought in for reasons detailed before. Priced at 60 and went 75 unsubbed. Immediately 100k under priced and screams breakout. Savage was also considered.
- Lloyd to Karnezis/Bock/Fasolo at F6. Whoever is named round 1 and looks like staying away from vest. All three have potential and are extremely under priced.
- Crouch to Ellis. Added JS if fit and should score well.

And From Last Time:
- Trying to also focus on a couple of dpp links with Rocky in Mids and NicNat up fwd (McBean in rucks). Caddy now provides link
- Trying to load at the back end of the byes with premos and value/rookie players and then trade for R8 premo's during bye period. Obviously some rookies won't play right up to and through byes but think Sheed, Martin, Dunstan, Hogan, Michie, Tyson can.
- Still waiting on progress updates on Bock
- Sandi, Bock, Waters, Chappy, all risky and need to be fit through preseason
- Real focus on under priced premo's
- A lot of underpriced premos and value in rookies in the midfield.
- Also considering:
     Josh Caddy. Priced at 60 with all his vest games. Went 75 unsubbed meaning he should be about 410k (currently 325k). Screams of breakout as well. Brought in
     Longer at 279k instead of Sandi if he isn't ready round 1.
     Hurley at 375k is priced at 69. Went 78 unsubbed and has produced 85 before.
     TWalker when he gets up and going. Only 299k.
     Karny at 229k. Pies went after him and said he could be an elite midfielder. Will wait and see where he plays first.
     Bock at 196k. Job Security the main reason here. Can also produce premo numbers.
     Darley at 282k and Docherty at 285k. New clubs meaning job security and Darley is an absolute ball magnet. Not confident with D6 so want to find some extra cash for either.
     Hurn is priced at 472k and 87. Went 95 unsubbed and has been premo before. Strongly considering instead on Hanley. Especially considering WCE early draw

Doggoneit

So is Jed Lamb on your radar - pretty sure he had a number of sub games + move to GWS to get game time

Ricochet

Quote from: Doggoneit on December 15, 2013, 04:34:39 PM
So is Jed Lamb on your radar - pretty sure he had a number of sub games + move to GWS to get game time
He isn't no.

Anthonyyyy

I really like the team mate but Paul Chapman is a bit risky and you could go with someone better but apart from that it looks good and I like the Caddy pick I wont be going with it but I reckon it could pay off :) and I would swap Chapman for Pav and maybe upgrade someone :) but that's just my thoughts

Ricochet

Thanks man, cheers for your thoughts