2014 SC Rico's Boys v1.0

Started by Ricochet, October 29, 2013, 11:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Ok thought I might keep a record of my team this year and track the changes.

SC Teams
v1.0 October
v2.0 December
v2.1 December
v2.2 December
v2.3 December
v3.0 January
v4.0 March

Ricochet

Notes:
- Obviously rooks will become more obvious early in the new year.
- Not 100% on Bock's progress either.
- Sandi needs to be fit through preseason
- Real focus on under priced premo's
- Keeping a bit of cash on hand for when prices are finalised

Anything else thats glaringly obvious, let me know :)

Salary cap left: $134,800.

Kade Simpson, Grant Birchall, Jack Grimes, Beau Waters, Matt Suckling, Nathan Bock
James Battersby, Matt Scharenberg

Gary Ablett jnr, Scott Pendlebury, Trent Cotchin, Marc Murphy, Dayne Beams, Dom Tyson, Claye Beams, Matt Crouch
Jack Martin, Shane Nelson

Shane Mumford, Aaron Sandilands
Liam McBean, Rory Lobb

Tom Rockliff, Nic Naitanui, Lance Franklin, Sharrod Wellingham, Dale Thomas, Viv Michie
Jesse Hogan, Mitch Thorp

Holz

love it, except grimes and wellingham.

im planning around not having Nic Nat or Rocky avilable in the forward line and that makes it tougher.

murphy is cheap but wouldnt you feel abit more comfortable say with selwood in the team?

Ricochet

I was sceptical on Grimes also but like Wellingham. 80 unsubbed this year and priced at 73. Backing him to do well as WCE bounce back. They're probably my weakest picks but when prices are finalised I can look to upgrade.

Yeh NicNat and Rocky will be interesting

Nope Murphy isn't leaving  :P four consecutive years of 110+ prior to this year. Priced at 92 after an injury affected year and an unsettled team. He'll bounce back

Nige

Really interesting team. I like it. Love the fact that you've got a nice chunk of cash to spare too.

Ricochet

Notes:
- Now have taken byes into account and prices have been adjusted.
- Trying to load at the back end of the byes with premos and value/rookie players and then trade for R8 premo's during bye period. Obviously some rookies won't play right up to and through byes but think Sheed, Martin, Dunstan, Hogan, Michie, Tyson can.
- A lot of underpriced premos and value in rookies in the midfield.
- Trying to also focus on a couple of dpp links with Rocky in Mids and NicNat up fwd (McBean in rucks).

And From Last Time:
- Still waiting on progress updates on Bock
- Sandi, Bock, Waters, Chappy, all risky and need to be fit through preseason
- Keeping a bit of cash on hand for when prices are finalised

Round 8
Round 9
Round 10

Salary cap left: $132,900.

Jarrad McVeigh, Bryce Gibbs, Grant Birchall, Beau Waters, Matt Suckling, Nathan Bock
Matt Scharenberg, James Battersby

Gary Ablett jnr, Tom Rockliff, Trent Cotchin, Marc Murphy, Dayne Beams, Dom Tyson, Dominic Sheed, Claye Beams
Jack Martin, Luke Dunstan

Shane Mumford, Aaron Sandilands
Liam McBean, Toby Nankervis

Nic Naitanui, Lance Franklin, Matthew Pavlich, Paul Chapman, Dale Thomas, Patrick Karnezis
Viv Michie, Jesse Hogan

Ringo

Nice Richo Can not really comment on rookies as we do not know who will play from Round 1 however one to consider if named to meet your startegy and if named would be McDonald for Scharenberg. Think MacDonald has a better chance of Starting than the Berg and has a round 8 bye.  Has a DPP as well.

Have you also considered Higgins as a forawrd (neraly set in stone in my never again) but if he is that price and only plays 5 games to his usual standard will be right to upgrade.
Overall very sound team and well structured

Ricochet

Thanks mate. Forgot about McDonald because he's a mid only on fanplanner. He is a fair bit cheaper as well. Will definitely keep an eye on him and probably add him in.

Didn't realise Higgins was so bloody cheap. Will put him in the same bracket with Karny and Fasolo at F6. I like him over those two at this stage though.

Cheers mate

Ricochet

These positional changes will shake things up a bit

Thinking that:
- Mummy to NicNat
- NicNat to Danger
- Thomas to Higgins
- Karny to MClarke
- Hogan to Kersten
- Michie into the mids for Sheed
- GIbbs to Hanley
- Really really wanna get Jelwood in there somehow. Possibly for Cotchin if I can afford it

Ringo

May want to have a plan b up Richo with as I suspect both Hogan and Martin may be given a premium if SC follows DT both listed at $260k plus in DT.  And we thought we were doing well with $150k over

Ricochet

Yeh looking at possibly Hogan to Kersten. Thinking Martin could still be worth it but not too sure

Ricochet

OK now that Super Coach Gold has opened I've had a look and flower it is hard to get under the salary cap. Below is a quick team that I haven't taken byes into account.

Notes:
- Major Changes:
Gibbs to Hanley
Bock to Darley
Tyson to Crouch
Mummy to NicNat
NicNat to Danger
Chapman to Higgins
Daisy to MClark
Hogan to Kerston
Michie to Garlett
- Cash on hand to sort out rookies later

And From Last Time:
- Trying to also focus on a couple of dpp links with Rocky in Mids and NicNat up fwd (McBean in rucks). Need to re-look at this
- When looking into byes: Trying to load at the back end of the byes with premos and value/rookie players and then trade for R8 premo's during bye period. Obviously some rookies won't play right up to and through byes but think Sheed, Martin, Dunstan, Hogan, Michie, Tyson can.
- Still waiting on progress updates on Bock
- Sandi, Bock, Waters, Chappy, all risky and need to be fit through preseason
- A lot of underpriced premos and value in rookies in the midfield.

Really not sure if I'm happy with it and haven't looked into byes yet.

Holz

that team looks super weak. i wonder how much im over the cap.

Ricochet

I know man its ridiculous. Gonna be a lot harder than what we thought

Vinny

Wow this is ridiculous. Might have to start some I really didnt want to start.

Sandi, Buddy etc.