Road to 2014 - Koops Kickas

Started by KoopKicka, October 28, 2013, 11:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoopKicka

thoughts on the first draft?

Koops Kickas Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by KoopK. Salary cap left: $29,800.

Brendon Goddard, Jarrad McVeigh, Paul Seedsman, Matt Suckling, Shaun Edwards, Matt Scharenberg
James Battersby, Isaiah Miller

Scott Pendlebury, Scott Selwood, Joel Selwood, Tom Liberatore, Dayne Beams, Clinton Young, Claye Beams, Nicholas Graham
Jared Polec, Jack Martin

Matthew Leuenberger, Ben McEvoy
Liam McBean, Rory Lobb

Steve Johnson, Tom Rockliff, Lance Franklin, Dale Thomas, Viv Michie, Jesse Hogan
Shane Kersten, Jackson Paine

eg6914

Great team! Just wondering about the C. Jones selection? Do you know something we don't!

KoopKicka

Quote from: eg6914 on October 29, 2013, 12:00:53 AM
Great team! Just wondering about the C. Jones selection? Do you know something we don't!

You mean Young not Jones?

Been injured all of last season, Im thinking that with Shaw gone O'Brien will shift back and Young will slot into that wing spot which O'Brien scored quite well in this year. Only a shade over 200k, however theres always 5 months to speculate :P

Nige

Quote from: KoopKicka on October 29, 2013, 09:24:01 AM

Been injured all of last season, Im thinking that with Shaw gone O'Brien will shift back and Young will slot into that wing spot which O'Brien scored quite well in this year. Only a shade over 200k, however theres always 5 months to speculate :P

Did you forget about the fact that Adam, Karnezis... plus draftees, and then the other guys like Dwyer or Martin are still waiting for a gig too? I mean, he's not a bad player when he plays, but I don't think they'll play him unless he's 100% fit. Would definitely be one of those guys you'd track pre-season but could be a great pick if it works out.

eg6914

ahaha my bad  :P

Ricochet

Quote from: NigeyS on October 29, 2013, 10:10:38 AM

Did you forget about the fact that Adam, Karnezis... plus draftees, and then the other guys like Dwyer or Martin are still waiting for a gig too? I mean, he's not a bad player when he plays, but I don't think they'll play him unless he's 100% fit. Would definitely be one of those guys you'd track pre-season but could be a great pick if it works out.
Of those Adams is inside, and only Karny would challenge for a wing spot but the Pies have said they will play him inside. Young is a true wingman and kick is elite. He would play if fit

Mr.Craig

Looks like a fairly solid team. I'm sure you'll find better forward bench options in due course.

popedelio

I dislike the Young option, hasn't shown any scoring potential, also with the likes of 2 potential midfield rookies from the 2013 draft and other players like sinclair or seedsman to fill up a spot on the wing may leave Young out of the side. Also the fact that he is always injured :P

KoopKicka

Second draft:

Koops Kickas Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by KoopK. Salary cap left: $39,700.

Jimmy Bartel, Andrew Walker, Pearce Hanley, Matt Suckling, Christian Howard, Luke McDonald*
Matt Scharenberg, Tom Langdon

Scott Pendlebury, Scott Selwood, Tom Rockliff, Jack Steven, Nathan Fyfe, Thomas Curren, Jared Polec, Dominic Sheed
Jack Martin, Luke Dunstan

Matthew Leuenberger, Nic Naitanui
Tom Derickx, Cameron Wood*

Travis Cloke, Jordan Lewis, Lance Franklin, Shane Savage*, Dale Thomas, Sam Lloyd
Jesse Hogan, Jarman Impey

Pending DPP changes, Shaun Edwards, Jack Leslie and Brandon Matera are placeholders who are the same price at the moment.

Thoughts?

Money

I love how unique this team is and I think it will go huge, Love the Backs and Mids especially but No Swan or Ablett?

KoopKicka

Quote from: Money on November 28, 2013, 08:29:52 PM
I love how unique this team is and I think it will go huge, Love the Backs and Mids especially but No Swan or Ablett?

I'll probably get some sanity back before the first lockout and start one of them, but I dont see them as the value for money they used to be. :/

Probably  going to upgrade Steven to Jelwood and downgrade somewhere else so I dont have 5 round 10 MID's.

Thankyou Money, I try to be unique with the way I do things. :) Cheer for you!

Spanner221

Why'd you cut Dayne Beams? Seems like he's a great pick this year even if he doesn't get the discount.

Money

Quote from: KoopKicka on November 28, 2013, 08:41:52 PM
Quote from: Money on November 28, 2013, 08:29:52 PM

I'll probably get some sanity back before the first lockout and start one of them, but I dont see them as the value for money they used to be. :/

Probably  going to upgrade Steven to Jelwood and downgrade somewhere else so I dont have 5 round 10 MID's.

Thankyou Money, I try to be unique with the way I do things. :) Cheer for you!

Cheers mate Steven may get some touch up with tags so could be a good idea and yes keep them uniques coming!

KoopKicka

Quote from: Spanner221 on November 28, 2013, 09:21:44 PM
Why'd you cut Dayne Beams? Seems like he's a great pick this year even if he doesn't get the discount.

Theres always one forgotten man.  :o

Ricochet