Started by Nige, October 28, 2013, 09:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on October 29, 2013, 10:30:24 AM
Quote from: NigeyS on October 29, 2013, 10:19:23 AM
Okay guys, you got me. Give me your secrets now.  :P

Drop Wingard: Holz's and Rico's spud pick of 2014
Bring in Marc Murphy: Value value value

actually wingard is a star, only his second year and he went 90+, he is going 110+ as a forward this year. You have to pick him up ;)

Nige

Quote from: Holzman on October 29, 2013, 10:38:11 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 29, 2013, 10:30:24 AM
Quote from: NigeyS on October 29, 2013, 10:19:23 AM
Okay guys, you got me. Give me your secrets now.  :P

Drop Wingard: Holz's and Rico's spud pick of 2014
Bring in Marc Murphy: Value value value

actually wingard is a star, only his second year and he went 90+, he is going 110+ as a forward this year. You have to pick him up ;)
I already made that call myself in my profile of him.  ;) ;D

Holz

also not so sure about longer, he isnt cheap enough that you can pick him up for pure cash generation and he certaintly wont be a premo.

If they look like being fit you need to pick up sandi or nic nat.

Nige

I actually had the Mummy/Lobbe combo, but that killed my budget so I chucked Longer in there because he saved me like 200k to use elsewhere. I probably won't be doing that once Supercoach opens though.

Nige

This is take two - the 'budget' team.

TEAM NAME: The Kewlest Cats
DEF: J. McVeigh, A. Walker, M. Suckling, S. Hurn, P. Seedsman, M. Scharenberg (A. Browne, J. Battersby)
MID: J. Selwood, D. Beams, T. Liberatore, T. Cotchin, D. Prestia, M. Bontempelli, N. Freeman, L. McDonald (J. Martin, C. Cain)
RUC: S. Mumford, B. Longer (L. McBean, M. Apeness)
FWD: D. Martin, C. Sylvia, J. Gunston, S. Wellingham, V. Michie, J. Hogan (S. Kersten, M. Harvey)
CASH LEFT: $486,100

Nige

The teams have been updated now with the players highlighted to show their byes.

Rounds 8 and 9 are gonna be killer if I keep things the way they are... Considering just throwing them.

Nige

Take Three - The Post National Draft Team

DEF: J. McVeigh, S. Thompson, M. Hibberd, S. Hurn, M. Scharenberg, T. Barrass (T. Cutler, M. Fuller)
MID: J. Selwood, T. Liberatore, T. Cotchin, D. Prestia, D. Beams, D. Tyson, M. Crouch, J. Martin (P. Cripps, L. Dunstan)
RUC: S. Mumford, M. Lobbe (L. McBean, T. Nankervis)
FWD: T. Rockliff, N. Riewoldt, D. Martin, J. Gunston, J. Kennedy-Harris, B. Lennon (J. Hogan, J. Impey)
CASH LEFT: $265,500

GoLions

Quote from: NigeyS on November 26, 2013, 02:51:48 PM
Take Three - The Post National Draft Team

DEF: J. McVeigh, S. Thompson, M. Hibberd, S. Hurn, M. Scharenberg, T. Barrass (T. Cutler, M. Fuller)
MID: J. Selwood, T. Liberatore, T. Cotchin, D. Prestia, D. Beams, D. Tyson, M. Crouch, J. Martin (P. Cripps, L. Dunstan)
RUC: S. Mumford, M. Lobbe (L. McBean, T. Nankervis)
FWD: T. Rockliff, N. Riewoldt, D. Martin, J. Gunston, J. Kennedy-Harris, B. Lennon (J. Hogan, J. Impey)
CASH LEFT: $265,500
Like that backline, but Suckling may be a better pick over Hurn. Hurn would definitely be a lot more unique though, as every man and his dog will have Suckers
Where's Pendles? Think 1 more year for Prestia tbh, but could surprise me :)
Lobbe is an interesting pick. I haven't looked at anything on him, so won't comment there. Mumford will either kill it, or go average. Hopefully it works for you
Would go Nroo to Pav or Daisy in the forward line, rest looks good

Not too bad overall, should definitely be affordable with the amount of cash you have left. Hopefully there's enough to either bring in Pendles or a premo ruck IMO, but those picks could definitely work out. Good luck Nigey

Nige

Quote from: GoLions16 on November 26, 2013, 03:56:01 PM
Like that backline, but Suckling may be a better pick over Hurn. Hurn would definitely be a lot more unique though, as every man and his dog will have Suckers
I really like Hurn and so does SC, very reliable and consistent. I totally forgot about Suckers, will get him in at the expense of one of the rookies.

Where's Pendles? Think 1 more year for Prestia tbh, but could surprise me :)
Yeah, I probably need him in there, but I'm trialling it without him in these planner teams. He'll be in and out just for testing's sake. I think Prestia will be able to deliver. I'm a massive fan and have confidence that he'll repay the faith and prove a nice POD.

Lobbe is an interesting pick. I haven't looked at anything on him, so won't comment there. Mumford will either kill it, or go average. Hopefully it works for you
I reckon he'll be Port's No.1 ruck. Showed some nice scoring towards the back end of the year and along with Mummy should be a solid partnership for my team.

Would go Nroo to Pav or Daisy in the forward line, rest looks good
Again, forgot about Daisy and will bring him in for NRoo.

Nige

15/12/13 Edition - Take 4: The Christmas Team

DEF: J. McVeigh, S. Thompson, H. Shaw, S. Hurn, S. Docherty, K. Kolodjashnij (A. Browne, L. McDonald)
MID: J. Selwood, T. Liberatore, T. Cotchin, D. Prestia, D. Beams, J. Martin, D. Tyson, V. Michie (L. Dunstan, N. Gordon)
RUC: S. Mumford, B. Longer (M. Apeness, T. Derickx)
FWD: N. Riewoldt, D. Martin, L. Parker, J. Gunston, B. Lennon, D. Markworth (J. Impey, A. Fasolo)
CASH LEFT: $49,700

This version isn't perfect because of the FanPlanner prices are stuffed up - see: Toby Nankervis. Had to exclude some guys because of that such as Jay Kennedy Harris (who would be in place of Fasolo) and Ben Brown (who would be in place of Apeness). So, keep that in mind because that would slightly change the cash amount.  :)

Bye structure is - for D/M/R/F respectively: 3/3/2 - 6/1/3 - 0/1/3 - 3/2/3 = 12/7/11 in the format of R8/R9/R10

Looking to take the punt on a few blokes.

My boy - The Human Meatball: Dion Prestia, Billy Longer @ R2, Lukey Parker and Jack #GUNston.  8)

Had to omit my usual first picked in Matt Priddis which made a little part of me die inside.  :(

Also haven't bothered with the colour coding of byes, but people should know them roughly 'bye' (what I did there, do you see it? :P) now.

Nige

First one with SC open.

Feel free to comment.  :)

GoLions

Not sure on Lumumba in defence, like Hurn (been considering him too). Think Edwards may be too expensive to be sitting on the bench
Ellis I don't think is cheap enough to be picked, as he won't be good enough to be a keeper, and won't make a lot of cash either. Love Sloaney as a POD, had him in my side for the last month or 2, but caved the other day and got rid of him for Ablett
Mumford could be a good pick at GWS, hopefully Lobbe starts how he finished last year
Where's Danger? Gotta have him in your forward line. Possibly drop Clark to Bock if Clark isn't named round 1, then bring in Danger for possibly Tippett (also using cash from downgrading Edwards in the backline to a cheaper rookie)

Not too bad overall, perhaps too many risky/unique players (Lumumba, Hurn, Sloane, Ellis, Mumford, Tippett, Gunston). Top priority is to get Dangerfield into your forward line, should hopefully be good after that.

Nige

Quote from: GoLions16 on January 30, 2014, 08:52:53 PM
Not sure on Lumumba in defence, like Hurn (been considering him too). Think Edwards may be too expensive to be sitting on the bench
Ellis I don't think is cheap enough to be picked, as he won't be good enough to be a keeper, and won't make a lot of cash either. Love Sloaney as a POD, had him in my side for the last month or 2, but caved the other day and got rid of him for Ablett
Mumford could be a good pick at GWS, hopefully Lobbe starts how he finished last year
Where's Danger? Gotta have him in your forward line. Possibly drop Clark to Bock if Clark isn't named round 1, then bring in Danger for possibly Tippett (also using cash from downgrading Edwards in the backline to a cheaper rookie)

Not too bad overall, perhaps too many risky/unique players (Lumumba, Hurn, Sloane, Ellis, Mumford, Tippett, Gunston). Top priority is to get Dangerfield into your forward line, should hopefully be good after that.
I have kinda already responded to a bulk of this in Ric's advice thread so I'll copy that.  :)

Quote from: Ricochet on January 30, 2014, 05:16:47 PM
Hey man, no dramas.

DEF: Interesting pick with Harry. I'm not really a fan tbh. He scored really well when playing up on a wing but with Shaw gone and Seedy injured we might see him back to his backline role. Around that price I would probably rather Birchall, Henderson or Grimes. Love your Hurn pick though. He is already about 8-10 points under priced with his vest and there are rumours of more time up the ground. Sucking is great value and your top end premos are solid.
Yeah, was originally gonna go with Seedy, but then he went for surgery and that was that. I'm thinking Hendo or Grimes as well, might flip a coin on it, or alternatively see what the trend is and go the other way.

MID: Interesting couple of uniques here. Sloane is a great POD and Ellis already represents good value because of his vests. Only concern with Ellis is coming off a first real breakout year that you rarely see kids back it up. But if he does it will be a genius pick.  Pendles and Beams are great picks and your rookies are fine.
I figured that if I can pick the right uniques that will still score as well as the standard picks, then I should be fine. I had Cotch before Ellis, but as the days go by, I feel more and more inclined to take the risk on Brandy. 

RUCKS: Mummy is a nice POD and premo scorer. I'm not a massive fan of the Lobbe pick as he is unproven and your missing out on the value of Sandi or HMac. If your going down the track of set and forget I would look at a proven player at R2. Personally I don't see the reward equalling the risk involved with Lobbe, but that is just my opinion on him.
I really think Mummy can get back to his 2011 scoring, or if not, closer to it than the past couple of years. I'm not sure whether I'm too keen on picking a HMac or a Sandi given their injuries, so I'm wondering whether setting and forgetting with somebody like big Will Minson alongside is the go.

FWDS: Martin is a great top end premo pick and love Caddy as a breakout mid pricer. Interest pick in Tippett, any reason why over someone like Buddy? Clark is in doubt for R1 with no return date set for him so I'd look to Fasolo, Higgins, Rohan as possible replacements.
For me, it was either Lukey Parker or Josh Caddy. Flipped a coin and decided to roll with Caddy, if I wasn't to go with either, I thought of taking a risk of Luke Dahlhaus. I reckon as far as a Clark replacement goes, I'll go with Missy Higgins. He's got great upside if he stays on the park. As for Buddy, it seems like a lot of people will be picking him, and I reckon Tippz will have a similar output and that by picking him instead, I'm not losing out by much, if at all. 

Overrall not bad mate. A couple of very nice POD picks and a couple that I'm not too keen on but they could pay off. On Harry I would look to Birchall, Hendo or Grimes. Tbh I think GAJ is a must and I think he is actually under priced. And I'd be interested to hear your reasonings on Tippett, because to me it makes your fwd line look a little weak but I'm sure you have some good reasons :)
Cheers for insight and advice, always good to hear the opinions of others.  8)