Bye: Round 8

2013 Low: 45
2013 High: 135
2013 Average: 79.61
2013 Pre-Bye Average: 72.2
2013 Post-Bye Average:  87

Fanplanner Price: $425,500

Predicted average: 85-90ppg

Verdict: Too many other options for me but you could definitely do worse than to take a punt on this kid. Needs more midfield time, but imo is a lock for D/M dpp this year.

hawkers65

i really like him for a 2014 prospect! Almost locked for me if he gains DP. Interestingly, in his total career wins, he has averaged a tick under 90; next year we should see far more of these from Gold Coast and combine that with another preseason and natural development; he should IMO go up to 90-95 next year.

roti

Quote from: hawkers65 on October 30, 2013, 07:56:46 PM
i really like him for a 2014 prospect! Almost locked for me if he gains DP. Interestingly, in his total career wins, he has averaged a tick under 90; next year we should see far more of these from Gold Coast and combine that with another preseason and natural development; he should IMO go up to 90-95 next year.

he is tempting me as well, might get a go if i need a slightly cheaper option

shorty3264

There is no doubting his talent, absolute class player and will belong in the Suns midfield, the question is when. Will he get DPP status...not so sure but if he does and he plays pre season through the middle - must be considered.

Jroo

He will get DPP, but I won't pick him.

Ziplock

theta

In the 400k-450k price range I think Im gonna go with Swallow @ $429k.

How bad are these 'ankles' ziplock?

Others in the range...
Waters $402k
Vlastuin $405k
Watts $411k
Duffield $432k
Grimes $436k
Scotland $445k

Holz

im actually starting too look at him, only issue is it will be hard to get any mid time with who they have, plus they have cannon and shaw rebounding the ball. not sure what role he will play.

Mykonos FC

Guys guys, he is a number one draft pick!!!!
Going into his 4th year, often a break out year (ironically the same year his brother Andrew broke out).

Played under an injury cloud last season and will be used in the guts in accordance with why he was recruited.
Jump on i reckon - pending pre season obviously.

Sabretooth Tigers

;)
MFC  + 1   It's only my opinion but I have him pegged for a break out season and, at this stage a lock.  Possibly has the ability to go top 10 defenders if he breaks out, and at this stage I'm punting that he will. Like the DPP as well. Only problem is I can't remember the last time I was right. Cheers all.    ::)
Just a curiousity. 
During the byes in the last 2 seasons I let them play themselves out with no planning and averaged between 1850 and 1900 over the 3 rounds. What have some of you averaged if you can remember and do you feel that it is worth the risk of picking the very best availlable players or the best that fit a bye strategy. Put this here as wasn't sure where to go.    ???

Mykonos FC

Good points, i look forward to the pre season!

I actually did fairly well,
Scored 2061, 1875, 1991.
Not great, but not bad :)
Did have a zero or two in there but overall i was pretty happy - however I did start with a fairly well balanced bye team.

Footyrulz

Quote from: Mykonos FC on January 02, 2014, 05:21:40 PM
Guys guys, he is a number one draft pick!!!!
Going into his 4th year, often a break out year (ironically the same year his brother Andrew broke out).

Played under an injury cloud last season and will be used in the guts in accordance with why he was recruited.
Jump on i reckon - pending pre season obviously.
+1

huge chance to break out and hes in my side.

Sabretooth Tigers

:)
Very nice bye scores MFC , maybe planning is the way to go. Perhaps where the difference between two players is negligable go for the bye friendly player. My best bye score was 2520 but that was coupled with an 1100 something plus an 1860 +. Thanks for the info     ;)

eaglesman

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on January 02, 2014, 05:37:29 PM
;)
MFC  + 1   It's only my opinion but I have him pegged for a break out season and, at this stage a lock.  Possibly has the ability to go top 10 defenders if he breaks out, and at this stage I'm punting that he will. Like the DPP as well. Only problem is I can't remember the last time I was right. Cheers all.    ::)
Just a curiousity. 
During the byes in the last 2 seasons I let them play themselves out with no planning and averaged between 1850 and 1900 over the 3 rounds. What have some of you averaged if you can remember and do you feel that it is worth the risk of picking the very best availlable players or the best that fit a bye strategy. Put this here as wasn't sure where to go.    ???

2160, 2079 and 1985 mate is what i went mate ... planned for the byes from the outset

hawkers65

Still really considering him but also really like Seedsman for the same price for a break out player, also waters/suckling as cheapies and all the new dpp backs being introduced which makes it very difficult for me to fit him in.

Backs ATM are; McVeigh, Mitchell, Thompson, Simpson, Suckers plus rookies. Loading up as the back line always seems to be my downfall, murphy/beams at m4/m5 allows for this .