Main Menu

Swans Best Team 2014

Started by SydneyRox, October 28, 2013, 02:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Picked it!!!!

Horse just said on "On the couch" that Tippett wont play this weekend and is still a couple of weeks away. He will start training soon

SydneyRox

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on March 31, 2014, 08:00:46 PM
Personally I liked it better when the swans stayed under the radar between 2002-2012, I think this sort of criticism from media and other teams is just something to start getting used to

yeah, that really makes sense. I know i dont like it!!  >:(

Capper

Quote from: SydneyRox on March 31, 2014, 11:46:42 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on March 31, 2014, 08:00:46 PM
Personally I liked it better when the swans stayed under the radar between 2002-2012, I think this sort of criticism from media and other teams is just something to start getting used to

yeah, that really makes sense. I know i dont like it!!  >:(
I still dont think its as bad as the players in Melbourne get

j959

what's goin on on-field?

I haven't been able to see much of the 2 games so far (60th b'day to attend on Sat) ... but it does not sound like the Swans i know ...

it's not lack of effort/heart is it?

if it is structural i can hack that cos Mummy is gone (that's probably going to come back and bite if things don't get better this season) and they haven't sorted out the fwd-line yet with Tippett and Goodes still out ...

SydneyRox

bit of column a and bit of column b

Thought on Sat, it was some poor coaching that allowed Maxwell to chop off too much fwd attacks. Had Buddy playing as a fwd/mid with Pyke or Derrickx the full fwd option. That is all well and good when that option is Tippett but not so flash when its Derrickx.

They also look touch under or overdone. Cant run out the game like we are used to seeing. Some of the guys have had modified PS so I think that will effect. Honestly it may be rnd 8 or 9 before they start playing well as a team, with Tippett and Goodes hopefully back, but they need to work out a way to win in the meantime.

Mailman the 2nd

Good signs with that match, we were able to at least keep everything together for about 3 out of 4 quarters.

Great game from Parker and Franklin was able to wreck Talia which was good to see.

Still a couple of turnover issues in the 2nd/3rd quarters with guys like McVeigh, Laidler and Jetta though.

One or both of LRT and Derickx needs to be replaced though. How long for Sam Reid?

Capper

I would have thought that either LRT or Derrickx would have got the red vest and the inclussion of Rohan would have given the Swans some pace.

Did Titch get injured?

I'm hoping to watch the replay later tonight

Mailman the 2nd

Nothing related to Mitchell was written in the in game report in terms of injuries.

Seems to me like Longmire wants to move McGlynn into the midfield more and so often guys like Mitchell, O'Keefe, Hanners and Jack are getting rested down and are having less of an impact because of it.

Mitch was probably just tired, he didn't have a great game

My Chumps

Good performance today from the boys! It's good to finally get a W on the board.

Franklin looked like his 2008 self which was an amazing sign.

Capper

SydneyRox

Mailman the 2nd

Need to be on game for 4 quarters this week, as North are on a much higher level imo than any of the first 3 we've faced.

Much easier if Tippett can play though

Capper

BAck to back SCG games now and im hoping to go to both of them.

Dont know if Tippett will be back for North but hopefully he will be for freo.

Having Reid back against North would help as well

My Chumps

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on April 06, 2014, 07:16:48 PM
Need to be on game for 4 quarters this week, as North are on a much higher level imo than any of the first 3 we've faced.
North and Collingwood are similar, Collingwood might even be better tbh.

Toga

Quote from: tabs on April 06, 2014, 10:31:06 PM
BAck to back SCG games now and im hoping to go to both of them.

Dont know if Tippett will be back for North but hopefully he will be for freo.

Having Reid back against North would help as well

Come on Kurt, get up!!