Main Menu

Swans Best Team 2014

Started by SydneyRox, October 28, 2013, 02:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: My Chumps on March 31, 2014, 11:50:49 AM
Quote from: NigeyS on March 31, 2014, 10:44:29 AM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on March 30, 2014, 09:41:13 PM
Heard that ROK is the leader of a group of players who are pissed about the bringing in of Buddy and Tippett and destroying the bloods cultiure
Do remember reading/hearing something like this too...
Have also heard this. Not getting along with Buddy at all apparently.
Buddy just seems like he's the complete opposite of a lot of the main guys at the Swans.

Like, I even thought Kurt Tippett was a bit of an 'interesting' addition... then they recruited Buddy.

wot.

My Chumps

Quote from: NigeyS on March 31, 2014, 11:54:34 AM
Heard that ROK is the leader of a group of players who are pissed about the bringing in of Buddy and Tippett and destroying the bloods cultiure
Buddy just seems like he's the complete opposite of a lot of the main guys at the Swans.

Like, I even thought Kurt Tippett was a bit of an 'interesting' addition... then they recruited Buddy.

wot.
Tippet's an angel compared to Buddy.

SydneyRox

Despite all the rumors and innuendo round buddy and the team, I have a belief that the leadership group, and mainly Jarrod McVeigh who knew about this early on, would not and will not 'sell the farm' for Buddy.
Winning will fix a lot of these arguments, but even on Saturday, some of the interaction between Buddy and ROK I saw was nothing but friendly.
Swans will come good. Even if we go 0-5 and scrape in to make the 8. If we hit the finals with form like we have done in years past no team will want to play us in Sept and going 4-0 in September is what will count

Noz

Quote from: Noz on December 03, 2013, 02:48:16 PM
2014 will be the last year Franklin ever plays AFL as he will flower up and get sacked and leave Sydney bankrupt.

Quote from: Noz on January 25, 2014, 02:37:54 PM
Franklin now that he gets paid a million a year wouldn't even care about playing football.

Toga

Quote from: My Chumps on March 31, 2014, 01:35:20 PM

Yeah Tippo isn't even a bad boy or anything, I think he's quite a reasonable lad actually.

That's really disappointing though if that's true about ROK/Buddy having issues, and would be concerning for you guys that the fallout may have left one of your favourite sons on the outer (if that is the case).

Toga

Quote from: Noz on March 31, 2014, 02:06:53 PM
Quote from: Noz on December 03, 2013, 02:48:16 PM
2014 will be the last year Franklin ever plays AFL as he will flower up and get sacked and leave Sydney bankrupt.

Quote from: Noz on January 25, 2014, 02:37:54 PM
Franklin now that he gets paid a million a year wouldn't even care about playing football.

That's actually so true, Buddy gets his $$ now so doesn't even matter to him how he plays. He'd probably still like to be considered the poster boy of the AFL but still, he's a big winner no matter what :o

Nige

Quote from: My Chumps on March 31, 2014, 01:35:20 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on March 31, 2014, 11:54:34 AM

wot.
Oh yeah, I know that haha.

I want Tippz to play.  :(

Capper

Quote from: SydneyRox on March 31, 2014, 02:05:08 PM
Despite all the rumors and innuendo round buddy and the team, I have a belief that the leadership group, and mainly Jarrod McVeigh who knew about this early on, would not and will not 'sell the farm' for Buddy.
Winning will fix a lot of these arguments, but even on Saturday, some of the interaction between Buddy and ROK I saw was nothing but friendly.
Swans will come good. Even if we go 0-5 and scrape in to make the 8. If we hit the finals with form like we have done in years past no team will want to play us in Sept and going 4-0 in September is what will count
True, you dont in Premierships in March!!

Mailman the 2nd

Yeah I think we'll still be in the prelim/semi final no matter what but need to get some wins on the board

JBs-Hawks

No team in the last 7 years has made the finals after starting 0-2 ;)

stew42

Last one that did was the Swans  ;) Made the GF too  8)

SydneyRox

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on March 31, 2014, 07:25:14 PM

Yeah maybe. But in

07 - Kangas did it and made it to the Prelim
06 - Swan did it and made the Grand Final (which they should have won BTW)
05 - Swans started 2-4 and made the GF and Won

stew42

Quote from: SydneyRox on March 31, 2014, 07:30:35 PM

Yeah maybe. But in

Crap, forgot the Kangas...

SydneyRox

Quote from: stew42 on March 31, 2014, 07:32:37 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on March 31, 2014, 07:30:35 PM

Yeah maybe. But in

Crap, forgot the Kangas...

I had to check to be sure his 7 years was right!

Mailman the 2nd

Personally I liked it better when the swans stayed under the radar between 2002-2012, I think this sort of criticism from media and other teams is just something to start getting used to