Main Menu

Swans Best Team 2014

Started by SydneyRox, October 28, 2013, 02:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Quote from: Ziplock on March 19, 2014, 07:42:49 PM
Quote from: tabs on March 18, 2014, 10:35:09 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on March 17, 2014, 04:03:54 PM
yeah, not naming ROK and then giving him the vest while others got a full game? Would Jack have played in a final? Even heard a rumour that Tippett is a rnd2 chance, so would he have played had it been must win?
But GWS just spanked us when it counted. Mummy was at his best, with a point to prove, plus the 'attitude' shown by the GWS youngsters, they were well and truly up for this.
hmmm, the word i have heard is that Tippett wont play in Adelaide in R3. LRT was the back up ruck to Pyke and he was subbed out last quarter.

Mind you all credit goes to GWS, that forward line killed us. Cameron, Patton, Resting ruck, Whitfield is going to cause every back line issues this year if they all stay fit. 3 talls and Whitters....... winning!!

Yeah, missed out on Boyd as well as smith as a small... Hopefully we can have some of our MIDs put their hands up as legitimate forward targets as well :p
we are never going to hear the end of this are we  ::)

SydneyRox

All Swans fans know we dont often turn up for round 1 - Wouldnt get too carried away GWS.

If I recall you guys were pretty happy with only losing by 30 rnd 1 last year only to get belted by 129 points in Rnd 16 as the Swans were getting ready for finals.

Nice article showing the same thing

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-03-21/is-a-round-one-loss-a-ko-blow

Ziplock

yeah, a team full of 19 year olds doesn't have many bodies capable of running out a season... imo how we do this year will rely on how well the kids we've drafted, especially the ones for the start of the 2012 season, hold up through the year.

Although, I think the  collingwood vs sydney game in round 2 is going to be pretty good :P

Although, to be fair, Sydney now join the illustrious teams of Gold Coast, Port (2012) and Melbourne (2013) in teams we've beaten. :P

Mailman the 2nd

Yes but you had to play well to beat us :P

I think if we can pull of a solid win vs Collingwood (If freo can beat them by 70 and we want to win the premiership..) then the first round loss will be more or less forgiven.

Puts a lot of unnecessary early pressure though, especially if we lose again

Ziplock

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on March 21, 2014, 03:37:49 PM
Yes but you had to play well to beat us :P

I think if we can pull of a solid win vs Collingwood (If freo can beat them by 70 and we want to win the premiership..) then the first round loss will be more or less forgiven.

Puts a lot of unnecessary early pressure though, especially if we lose again

haha, there is going to be so much shower talk if you guys lose to collingwood. That being said, I think that's pretty unlikely.

SydneyRox

Quote from: Ziplock on March 21, 2014, 02:58:06 PM

Although, to be fair, Sydney now join the illustrious teams of Gold Coast, Port (2012) and Melbourne (2013) in teams we've beaten. :P

Wont be very illustrious at the end of the year!! plenty more members coming if you play more like you did last week

Capper

Still no silverware in your cupboard though, and now you have won a game no cooking spoons either

Ziplock

Quote from: tabs on March 22, 2014, 05:03:10 PM

Still no silverware in your cupboard though, and now you have won a game no cooking spoons either

Hey, I wasn't saying we're king shower for beating  you guys... however, you guys definitely aren't king shower for losing to us :P

Toga

Where is Tippett?! Hadn't even heard he was injured, need him back for AXVs :( Anyone got updates?

Mailman the 2nd

from what i know he's between 1-2 weeks away

Toga

Good to hear. Looking forwards to seeing how he will play alongside big Buddy!

stew42

Far out, we need Tippett. Averaged more than three goals per game last year. He's a better forward than Buddy, putting it out there.

PS. taking advantage of my drunk state here, but I was this close to quitting the Bloods when Buddy signed, I despise the bloke. If he spuds this season... I dunno what I'll do. Something drastic, no doubt.

*back 2 the G&Ts*

Capper

Chin up Stew, we will be fine.

Tippett wont play next weekend but will be back for R4

SydneyRox

Cant believe the way we are playing. Just no cohesion, our better players not consistantly putting in. Horse has some work to do. Tippett will help but not sure he is an instant fix