ROK named an emergency  :o

Is he coming of an injury?

Rested more like it!! ;)

My Chumps

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 13, 2014, 07:55:58 PM
ROK named an emergency  :o

Is he coming of an injury?
Nope, killed the NAB cup.

Think he's just being eased into the season. Interesting decision from Longmire.

Vinny

After that performance and AJ injured, will Laidler last till the byes?

Capper

Mouthguards in at training this week, definitely

SydneyRox

Quote from: tabs on March 17, 2014, 01:05:52 AM

will be an interesting session or two, no doubt

The_Captain

Quote from: Vinny on March 16, 2014, 05:22:12 PM
After that performance and AJ injured, will Laidler last till the byes?

Bloody hope so. 95 SC pointss yeowww!!!

j959

Quote from: SydneyRox on March 17, 2014, 01:26:52 AM
Quote from: tabs on March 17, 2014, 01:05:52 AM

will be an interesting session or two, no doubt
only caught glimpses of the game (house-hunting  :(  ;)) but it does seem Swans took the 'younger siblings' lightly - not that I actually want to take away from the GWS performance I have to say ...

I saw top4 predictions before the season started, but I have to say with the injuries and indifferent collective lead-up form I was thinking top6 more likely - having said that, last time I thought that was in 2012 ...  ;)

SydneyRox

yeah, not naming ROK and then giving him the vest while others got a full game? Would Jack have played in a final? Even heard a rumour that Tippett is a rnd2 chance, so would he have played had it been must win?
But GWS just spanked us when it counted. Mummy was at his best, with a point to prove, plus the 'attitude' shown by the GWS youngsters, they were well and truly up for this.

Capper

Quote from: SydneyRox on March 17, 2014, 04:03:54 PM
yeah, not naming ROK and then giving him the vest while others got a full game? Would Jack have played in a final? Even heard a rumour that Tippett is a rnd2 chance, so would he have played had it been must win?
But GWS just spanked us when it counted. Mummy was at his best, with a point to prove, plus the 'attitude' shown by the GWS youngsters, they were well and truly up for this.
hmmm, the word i have heard is that Tippett wont play in Adelaide in R3. LRT was the back up ruck to Pyke and he was subbed out last quarter.

Mind you all credit goes to GWS, that forward line killed us. Cameron, Patton, Resting ruck, Whitfield is going to cause every back line issues this year if they all stay fit. 3 talls and Whitters....... winning!!

SydneyRox

you forgot there is some other bloke called boyd to squeeze in there as well...

SydneyRox

Article from today on AJ had this at the bottom. Probably the last thing I wrote was maybe a little more bullish. Round3 will be good.

Kurt Tippett should also resume team training next week but is unlikely to be ready for the Swans round two clash with Collingwood.

Kurt has been progressing and is running a lot faster now and hes due to start skills next week

That probably means that he is going to be in trouble for the game against Collingwood, but we will get him going next week and will have a better idea of when he is ready to play

Capper

Mailman the 2nd

Does a fitness test? Probably.

I think that a 2nd ruck option for Pyke is pretty important against Collingwood as Grundy/Witts is strong but Sandilands more or less destroyed them so we need to aim for better delivery in the centre

SydneyRox

damn cut and paste.... fixed now.

Agree that Pyke will need backup. With LRT in doubt, need to give one of the young boys a shot. Derickx looks like being first in line.

Ziplock

Quote from: tabs on March 18, 2014, 10:35:09 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on March 17, 2014, 04:03:54 PM
hmmm, the word i have heard is that Tippett wont play in Adelaide in R3. LRT was the back up ruck to Pyke and he was subbed out last quarter.

Mind you all credit goes to GWS, that forward line killed us. Cameron, Patton, Resting ruck, Whitfield is going to cause every back line issues this year if they all stay fit. 3 talls and Whitters....... winning!!

Yeah, missed out on Boyd as well as smith as a small... Hopefully we can have some of our MIDs put their hands up as legitimate forward targets as well :p