AF 2014 Profile: Aaron Sandilands

Started by LF, October 25, 2013, 03:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Quote from: Holzman on October 29, 2013, 12:11:56 PM
with 2 trades a week you have to pick him up, the case can be made in SC with limited trades to not but in DT if he is looking fit, will be my first picked ruck.

Tend to agree Holz, wouldn't look at him in SC but in DT with 2 trades per week he just about picks himself. Just gotta hope that he can stay healthy early.

Money

If Sandi is named R1 (with a good pre-season) he will destroy Grundy against Collingwood and then will play with Gold Coast and be highest averaging ruck after R1 and R2

Adamant

That's why the majority will have him in our sides.

salver11

This (like most) isn't a call to be made now. We will know come round one from his preseason form if he is up to it or not. A fit Sandi at the price he is is a no brainer, if he does go into round one fit and well he will probably be the most picked ruckman with all the casual players remembering his glory days.

It was more about how he played in the last few games to prove that he still has something to offer and I thought his two games leading up to the GF were a couple of the best he had played in his career though come GF day he was back to his old self knocking it straight down hawthorn players throats.

Football Factory

Quote from: Money on December 21, 2013, 12:11:21 AM
If Sandi is named R1 (with a good pre-season) he will destroy Grundy against Collingwood and then will play with Gold Coast and be highest averaging ruck after R1 and R2
That's a good point, stop making me want to put him in my team  :-\  if i was to go with injury prone Sandi there is no way i could start H.Mac aswell, wouldn't be able to sleep at night 

Toga

I haven't really thought about things with the new prices change after round 2 rule coming into affect but it definitely puts Sandi firmly on our radars. As Money said, those first two rounds he should put up some decent scores so could see a price jump which could put you ahead of the pack.

shaker

One early setback and I think it will be all over for Mr Sandilands but you would have to take your hat off to him he is a giant of a man and to play till 32 years of age is a credit to him like everyone will be watching him over preseason but feel he will be managed fairly heavily that will affect his scoring .