Main Menu

Party's over

Started by nrich102, October 22, 2013, 08:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-21/aussies-told-partys-over

QuoteTHE AUSTRALIAN players have been dragged before team management after a late night out led hotel staff to twice request one group to stop partying in the early hours of Monday morning.

On the night after their 22-point loss to Ireland in the first Test of the International Rules Series, most of the Australian players partied at a nightclub in the country town of Limerick.

When they returned to the team hotel at Dromoland Castle in Ennis at about 4am on Monday, some headed up to a room and continued the party.

AFL.com.au understands hotel staff knocked on the door of the room at about 5am and asked a small group of players to turn their music down.

But when that request fell on deaf ears hotel staff returned 15 minutes later and again asked for quiet.

First we get smashed by Ireland and then this. Is the International rules team an embarrassment to our country.

Mailman the 2nd

They didn't really get smashed, although maybe they did afterwards :P

Grazz

What I don't get is what the hell did they think they had to party about in the 1st place, win one then have a party maybe.

Nige

This hasn't done them any favours, they already had their critics to begin with.  :-X

Ricochet

I don't see it as a massive deal tbh with the next test not until Saturday. Let's just call it a "bonding" session

Grazz

Quote from: Ricochet on October 22, 2013, 10:45:58 AM
I don't see it as a massive deal tbh with the next test not until Saturday. Let's just call it a "bonding" session

Fair point, hopefully it does solidify them. My real beef and its only small is if you are representing your country then you should be at all times on your best behaviour as it reflects on all of us in a sense.

Holz

my opinion is a little more extreme, as a profesional athlete in general you should not be staying out to 4 partying.

You only have a short career in sports and if i was put in the postion they were I would make sure i keep myself as healthy as possible and far too many players throw their talent away.

can you imagine how good martin could be if he was 100% commited.

Judd is the prime example, there are players with much better natural athletic abilitiy, he however is one of the best players of this generation through sheer work ethic and putting everything he has into the sport.

what you do out on the training track and game day is only half the equation.

Ricochet

They still have to be human though. They were given the night off and training the next arvo was not compulsory. Obviously if they were not allowed to go out and have drinks they would not have been given permission to. Its not like they snuck out. They went out and came home to continue in the privacy of their own hotel room. I agree the it was unprofessional and they are representing their country but its not a massive issue imo.

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on October 22, 2013, 12:12:06 PM
They still have to be human though. They were given the night off and training the next arvo was not compulsory. Obviously if they were not allowed to go out and have drinks they would not have been given permission to. Its not like they snuck out. They went out and came home to continue in the privacy of their own hotel room. I agree the it was unprofessional and they are representing their country but its not a massive issue imo.

i should have been a profesional athlete, clubs would love me.

I dont drink, i dont like to stay out late.

for me if your an athlete your body is your tool and you should maintain it as best you can.

Grazz

Quote from: Ricochet on October 22, 2013, 12:12:06 PM

Agree its a minor infraction compared to what has occurred with other teams/sports/codes etc. Still not a great look but nothing to get all bent out of shape about although the people trying to sleep in the rooms around them may feel otherwise.

meow meow

This hybrid game is a joke, a boring one at that.

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on October 22, 2013, 02:31:57 PM
This hybrid game is a joke, a boring one at that.

have said it before and will said it again, the game itself is great takes the best aspects of two great games. The execution is questionable.

if it was the same standard International Rules would be the game i would play.