Main Menu

Cross at Melbourne

Started by kilbluff1985, October 21, 2013, 06:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on November 01, 2013, 12:55:39 PM
No one was saying he was a legendary coach, but there are very few in the modern era of coaching who have achieved what he's done.

I don't think anyone expects Melbourne to become good suddenly, but we hope that he can turn the club around, which he's had experience doing

I didn't mean in this thread I just mean in general football discussion I feel as though it's been made out that he was this football mastermind. He was a solid coach but no legend. I'm sure he will go well though. They can't get any worse lol

quinny88

Quote from: NigeyS on November 01, 2013, 02:18:23 PM
Quote from: (._.) on November 01, 2013, 02:09:36 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on November 01, 2013, 12:43:18 PM
I just don't think a boring game plan will work for Melbourne. They need excitement. There immediate issues are more about weather anyone shows up than actually structuring a premiership winning game plan.

But if they start winning games, then they'll start attracting crowds. Winning is better than looking good and losing.

This is true. I agree... it's almost a bit like having an 'honourable loss'. Melbourne got smashed a few times and weren't very competitive in a lot of games. If they start winning games instead of just losing them by small margins, fans who were turned away by them constantly getting belted and loss after loss will show up like they once did, regardless of whether their game plan, and potentially the way they win games, is boring or exciting.

Yeah but they aren't going to win games.. That's my point. They are going to lose regardless so they may as well do t with a bit of flare.
You only have to cast your mind back to when Lyon arrived at freo and for half of 2011 everyone was calling for his head because they were playing ugly defensive football and not winning that much. No one cares how their team plays when they are winning but when u play ugly and are losing crowds are turned away and Melbourne can't afford that.
Who knows though! Roos isn't stupid, he may bring a whole new game plan to the table. We will soon see

Nige

That's the thing though quinny, how can you be so sure they're not going to win games?

They've got a new coach who has been successful in doing what they brought him in for and they've added some players that should help in a few areas where they lacked last year. They've even got a pretty generous draw too. They're bound to win more games than this year which in turn should get supporters back on board.

quinny88

Quote from: NigeyS on November 01, 2013, 03:11:52 PM
That's the thing though quinny, how can you be so sure they're not going to win games?

They've got a new coach who has been successful in doing what they brought him in for and they've added some players that should help in a few areas where they lacked last year. They've even got a pretty generous draw too. They're bound to win more games than this year which in turn should get supporters back on board.

They will win games.. But like 4 maybe? They had an average losing margin of over 10 goals last year. It's a long way back.
Like I said, they can't get any worse but they aren't going to get out of the bottom 4

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on November 01, 2013, 03:49:44 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on November 01, 2013, 03:11:52 PM

They will win games.. But like 4 maybe? They had an average losing margin of over 10 goals last year. It's a long way back.
Like I said, they can't get any worse but they aren't going to get out of the bottom 4
Their draw is set up for them to win at least 6 I reckon (maybe more if you chuck in an upset or two)... There's no doubting they'll stay a bottom for team... but they'll definitely be more competitive and win more than 4 games. I'm happy to call that now. 

quinny88

Who are they gonna beat apart from gws?

Kellogscrunchynut

He'll definitely be a legend if he gets Melbourne out of the gutter.

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on November 01, 2013, 04:23:51 PM
Who are they gonna beat apart from gws?
They'll beat the Saints I'd say, maybe the Dogs or Lions...

I haven't gone through their draw properly, but as I said... they can do it. I really hope they do.

quinny88

Looking through the fixture now their chances to win are:

Round 1: st.kilda at ES ( probably a loss though considering they haven't won at etihad for like 8 years)
Round 2 west coast at the G (probably not though)
Round 3 gws at skoda 50/50 game
Round 5 GC at the G 60/40 in GC favour
Round 8 dogs at the G 50/50
Round 15 dogs at ES 50/50
Round 19 bris at the mcg 50/50
Round 21 gws at the G should win

I think they will get 4-5 wins. 6 would be a massive win. Not getting thumped by 80 points every week would be a bigger win

Nige

Back to what this thread is actually about... Daniel Cross is officially a Demon.

quinny88

Quote from: NigeyS on November 01, 2013, 04:51:05 PM
Back to what this thread is actually about... Daniel Cross is officially a Demon.

Lol. Well done crossy  8)

nrich102

Quote from: quinny88 on November 01, 2013, 04:37:05 PM
wtf? no ochance they'll win these. Dogs have a really good side and the Brisbane reserves could smash Malbourne

Vinny

They won't beat Brisbane or Western Bulldogs. But I'd like to see a few upsets by Melbourne. Only way is up.

quinny88

Quote from: nrich102 on November 01, 2013, 06:02:11 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on November 01, 2013, 04:37:05 PM
wtf? no ochance they'll win these. Dogs have a really good side and the Brisbane reserves could smash Malbourne

I didn't say they would win lol. I was being generous by giving them a half chance against some of the lower teams at the G.

Ricochet

Melb won't even win 4 games. They'll be lucky to beat GWS next year