Main Menu

Dom Tyson

Started by Ricochet, October 18, 2013, 10:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2013/10/melbourne-snares-dom-tyson-from-the-gws-giants/

Melbourne has secured Greater Western Sydney midfielder Dom Tyson, plus picks 9 and 53 and has given the Giants three draft selections: 2, 20 and 72.

Nige

I reckon he's a good addition, was a top draft pick going at #3 in 2011 and so yeah, Dees have done well here. Plus, they can still get another good talented young gun at 9 now anyway.

Meanwhile, the Giants (likely) get Tom Boyd and Josh Kelly.

He did want to go home I think? 

Cicjose

not a lot of people like this move at all

Ricochet

Quote from: Cicjose on October 18, 2013, 10:59:38 AM
not a lot of people like this move at all
from Melbourne or GWS?

Nige

I think it goes to show the Giants like their draft picks.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: NigeyS on October 18, 2013, 11:02:30 AM

Or just cashing Dom in before he asks to leave :P

Rusty00

cue Tbag  ::)

Ziplock

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 18, 2013, 11:28:14 AM

Or just cashing Dom in before he asks to leave :P

yeah, there's been talk over the last 2 years that he wanted to go back to melbourne :(

Jroo

Good get for the Dees, they get a former #3 pick and then get another decent first round selection. I like the trade from Melbourne's perspective. 

_wato

Quote from: JROO8 on October 18, 2013, 04:20:52 PM
Good get for the Dees, they get a former #3 pick and then get another decent first round selection. I like the trade from Melbourne's perspective. 

Yes, totally agree. Hopefully now Tyson can get his body right and kill it next year.

Melbourne are building a nice little midfield now. Viney, Tyson and Toumpas in the last two years will take them forward in the next few years. Hogan, Dawes and Clark up front, and good defenders, plus the acquisition of Paul Roos. They'll do well next year.

Big Mac

Originally thought it was a poor trade for Melbourne, but then I thought about it and realised that atleast one of Freeman, Sheed, Bontempelli, Salem and Crouch will be available at pick 9. Players who aren't much different to who we would have taken at pick 2 (in terms of ability). If you look at it like that, it was effectively Pick 20 for Dom Tyson and an upgrade from pick 72 to 53. Might be looking at it a bit too optimistically but I'm still happy with the trade.

Nige

Nah Big Mac, that's a really good way of looking at it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dees pounce on one of the guys you mentioned. I can definitely see them having a look at Freeman and Crouch.

Cicjose

Ziplock

Quote from: Cicjose on October 18, 2013, 08:16:50 PM
its bad for GWS

yeah, I really dont think we would have done it unless we thought he was going to leave anyway next year.

Vinny

I like what Melbourne have done so far. :)