Main Menu

McEvoy and Savage

Started by Ricochet, October 10, 2013, 10:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

McEvoy Stats for 2011-13

-Won hitout at 37% of contests (lowest in AFL)
-26% hitout-to-adv (AFL avg)
-111 intercept marks (clear No.1 of ruckmen)

Mr.Craig

Considering Brisbane wanted a first round pick for Longer and St Kilda are trying to get three themselves I'm not sure if that's going to work out. Might be in St Kilda's best interests to look at the draft for a ruckman, whether it be Lobb, Nankervis or someone with more experience.

Nige

Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 10, 2013, 12:48:24 PM
Considering Brisbane wanted a first round pick for Longer and St Kilda are trying to get three themselves I'm not sure if that's going to work out. Might be in St Kilda's best interests to look at the draft for a ruckman, whether it be Lobb, Nankervis or someone with more experience.
I've just been thinking about that since my last post, I'm wondering if they'll opt for one of the names you mentioned.

Ricochet

This kid can play. And is nearly AFL ready now

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on October 10, 2013, 12:51:54 PM
This kid can play. And is nearly AFL ready now
I think the Giants are very keen on him with their second rounder.

silloc

If I was saint Kilda i'd just get somebody up from the VFL to ruck whilst your kids develop.

Nige

Quote from: silloc on October 10, 2013, 01:20:10 PM
If I was saint Kilda i'd just get somebody up from the VFL to ruck whilst your kids develop.
Most VFL rucks are just the ruckman from AFL clubs that aren't getting games for the seniors - see: Dan Currie.

Nige

It was said on Facebook by arguably the most reliable AFL news related page that the Saints have another big deal in the works but nothing is known at present.  :o ???

Bill Manspeaker

3, 21 and Fisher for 1 and Bruce

one that is being talked about on Bigfooty

Jroo

Quote from: brad on October 10, 2013, 02:43:36 PM

That's actually pretty decent for the Saints.
I've heard rumours about a potential Armtage and Longer trade  :o

Nige

Hmm, interesting deal that. It definitely fits the needs of both clubs.

Quote from: JROO8 on October 10, 2013, 02:44:57 PM

Surely not... I can't see them trading Armo. Like, I know they said they were going to be aggressive, but I reckon that's a step too far.

Jroo

Quote from: NigeyS on October 10, 2013, 02:46:15 PM

Hmm, interesting deal that. It definitely fits the needs of both clubs.

Quote from: JROO8 on October 10, 2013, 02:44:57 PM

Surely not... I can't see them trading Armo. Like, I know they said they were going to be aggressive, but I reckon that's a step too far.
@theafloffseason: There are murmurs that St Kilda could be trading David Armitage to Brisbane in return for Billy Longer.

- 1116 SEN

Nige

Aggressive...

I guess my Longer and Hickey call wasn't ludicrous after all.  :o

silloc

Quote from: NigeyS on October 10, 2013, 02:19:51 PM
Quote from: silloc on October 10, 2013, 01:20:10 PM
Most VFL rucks are just the ruckman from AFL clubs that aren't getting games for the seniors - see: Dan Currie.

Micheal Sikora, Russel Gabriel, i'd even give cam wood another shot at AFL level

Jroo

According the Channel 7, the Hawks will add a sweetener when they get the compo for Buddy.
Hawks give: Shane Savage + Picks 17 and 20
Saints give: Ben McEvoy + Pick 23