AF 2014 Profile: Billy Longer

Started by nrich102, October 07, 2013, 10:34:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SydneyRox

I think Longer might turn out to be one of those guys whos value goes up over trade period, then all of a sudden people think he is gonna come out next season and play/score like Cox/Sandi

The kid will be good, but not sure he is even a viable R3 cash cow this year

Money

Lock!! Maybe even at R2 cause you gotta risk it to get the biscuit  8)

eg6914

Quote from: SydneyRox on November 11, 2013, 02:45:16 PM
I think Longer might turn out to be one of those guys whos value goes up over trade period, then all of a sudden people think he is gonna come out next season and play/score like Cox/Sandi

Exactly what i thought will struggle to average 70+ not worthy of R2 or  bench cover really

popedelio

I think he will be a good option at R3. Not sure who else would be a good R3 that can generate cash, where at least Longer seems to have good js at this stage

Money

Quote from: eg6914 on December 19, 2013, 04:31:15 PM

Exactly what i thought will struggle to average 70+ not worthy of R2 or  bench cover really

Only need him to average 65 to get value for your buck and personally i'l take 65-70 average at R2 because if you have someone like Longer at R2 you will obviously have stronger positions elsewhere

Capper

Quote from: nrich102 on November 09, 2013, 07:11:21 PM
Was bored, so took a look at the NEAFL GF stats, THIS GUY HAD 58 HIT OUTS  :o
Who was he rucking against, dont think the Swans had any rucks playing

Mr.Craig

Quote from: popedelio on December 19, 2013, 04:36:23 PM
I think he will be a good option at R3. Not sure who else would be a good R3 that can generate cash, where at least Longer seems to have good js at this stage

Adamant

Quote from: Money on December 19, 2013, 04:37:07 PM
Quote from: eg6914 on December 19, 2013, 04:31:15 PM

Only need him to average 65 to get value for your buck and personally i'l take 65-70 average at R2 because if you have someone like Longer at R2 you will obviously have stronger positions elsewhere

Can he average that though? I know he's still young but he looks to be a very average scorer at this stage. He averaged only 43 this year from his 4 games and 58 last year.

I'm considering him for my bench purely because I can't see any other options under 200k that will play, but definitely not at R2.

Ricochet

Yeh i don't think anyone should be hoping for cash generation from Longer/Rookies at R3 and R4. 1) i don't think they'll average enough and 2) not sure who you'll have to downgrade to mid season.

Football Factory

Cant help but have him at R3 at the moment, he fits my bye structure for my rucks perfectly.

Im not saying this is a good ruck set-up but this is what i have at the moment and there's plenty of time for me(or you ) to change my mind.   ;D

The argument will be is it worth having a 190k player on my bench for maybe only 2 games ..round 8 and 9. I think he will be a good emergency and good cover for the byes so he stays for now.

McEvoy... Bye 9
Grundy... Bye 8
Longer... Bye 10
Spud

Money

I guess a positive to the new rule is someone like myself can test longer at R2 the first week and if he fails can move to R3 the next week

popedelio

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on December 19, 2013, 07:57:50 PM
The argument will be is it worth having a 190k player on my bench for maybe only 2 games ..round 8 and 9. I think he will be a good emergency and good cover for the byes so he stays for now.

imo I think we will need to have some players priced at ~200k on the bench. There really isn't many options who have safe js that are sub 150k to guarantee you to generate some cash in every line. So in every line in my team I have a player that is ~200k in my first bench spot, because I see these players playing games, and scoring reasonably.

Holz

every spot not soring you points or generating cash is a waste.

Longer will be my R3 come round 2 if he plays round 1.

Keeper27

Quote from: Holzman on December 20, 2013, 01:49:04 PM
every spot not soring you points or generating cash is a waste.

Longer will be my R3 come round 2 if he plays round 1.

agreed. R3 to make money